Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    As long as this bias continues to exist, it really does not matter at all what the story tells about the factions. And to the people who claim that Alliance players are too "privileged" to suffer not being the "pure good guys" - what do you think where the players joining the Horde over the last 6-8 years were coming from? Are you really so dellusional that you think those were "new" players? If so, words are wasted on you anyway.
    And yet, whenever Alliance does something minimally questionable, Ally players start screaming bloody murder because muh male human paladin RP meme. Did you see what were the official forums like when the purge of Dalaran was current? Then Blizzard sweeps it under the rug, and all there is left is a passive, reactive, bland, amorphous blob of human potential, with the rest of the races being spectators (at best) or getting their asses kicked (at worst) - only to be inevitably cucked at the end, because no matter how many atrocities the Horde is written to commit, it won't ever disappear due to game mechanics.

So the question is, why are so many Ally players willing to maintain such !#$%ty statu quo?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    What point is it trying to argue with folks who defend genocide? In the real world folks like that are relegated to their own extremist websites and forums. But here, killing a few Tauren or being mean to an orc is an unforgivable act, but the genocide of the night elves was a hilarious and well-deserved thing, those vermin just deserved to have their homes turned into an oven for their race.
    Woah dude, slow down. The discussion was about the events in Wotlk and you jumped straight into the War of Thorns. These are over 10 years apart. And if you paid more attention, you'd notice that most of the Horde players (on this forum) are against that whole war nonsence, they were against Garrosh and they were against Sylvanas. But of course it's easier for you to generalize based on a vocal minority, because then you don't even need to try.

This meme was never relevant to begin with, because it completely omits bad things done by the Alliance, and not even in a subtle way. Might as well turn it around and list 6 bad events by the Alliance and use it to prove they are evil.

But go ahead. Tell me what I think. You seemingly know better than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    100% bullshit. Varian has a quote that talks about what they are witnessing inside Undercity.

"King Varian Wrynn says: Look around you, brothers and sisters. Open your eyes! Look at what they have done to our kingdom!"

https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Battle_For_The_Undercity

No way you can argue he is talking about Orcs with that dialogue. He is talking about what they are seeing in the sewers.
    As per usual, you disprove yourself with your own source, so 100% bullshit my ass. You trying to conflate his commentary after dealing with Putress with what he said in his declaration of war is not an argument.

The only mention of anything Forsaken (or not about Orcs) in his declaration of war, i.e. what was actually talked about here, was a passing remark about Sylvanas being a witch. Then there's the description of the declaration of war by the narrator in Chronicles and it still doesn't say what you want it to say. So you're wrong as per two different sources (one of which, again, you invoked yourself just to shoot yourself in the foot)..

Unless your "100% bullshit" remark was you describing the rest of your post that followed after it. In which case, congrats on getting something about lore right for the very first time in your 4.5 years on this forum. Though doing so by writing incorrect nonsense only to describe it as bullshit is a bizarrely roundabout way of achieving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    And yet, whenever Alliance does something minimally questionable, Ally players start screaming bloody murder because muh male human paladin RP meme. Did you see what were the official forums like when the purge of Dalaran was current?
    TBH it was even better in 5.4 when Blizzard revealed that the Purge was Alliance's promised fist pump moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

3+ Year Old Account
    too lazy to find who to quote, but here's some undesirable acts of the Alliance (and the Alliance of Lordaeron too since the Grand Alliance =?= Alliance of Lordaeron is still a hot topic)

Tiannanmen Square at the Second War
    Ending Alterac as a kingdom and leaving it to desolation
    First genocide attempt of the Kul Tirans to the Darkspears
    Othmar Garithos sending Blood Elves to suicide missions then scapegoats them for mass execution
    Daelin Proudmoore attacking the Horde unprovoked
    Second genocide attempt of the Kul Tirans to the Darkspears

Genocide(?) of the Stonespire Tribe and desecration of their sacred lands
    Night Elves sabotaging the Ghostlands
    Alliance attacking the Horde unprovoked during the war against the Lich King
    Varian Wrynn's direct aggression towards Thrall in the Undercity
    Silver Covenant's assassination attempts on the Sunreavers
    Alliance kidnapping Thrall as a neutral Earthen Ring leader
    SI:7 murdering Goblin Civilians
    Gross negligence on the operation on Camp Taurajo
    Alliance massacring disarmed Horde on water
    Silver Covenant harassing Sunreaver civilians on the Purge of Dalaran
    Alliance attacking the Horde unprovoked during the war against the Legion
    Vereesa Windrunner's direct aggression towards Rommath in Suramar
    Alliance assaulting Goblin miners in Silithus
    Void Elves' necromancy
    Void Elves sending Horde in Void Portals
    Dark Irons murdering Zandalari civilians
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    My concern with Turalyon would be less about any zealotry or fanaticism and more that he suffers a another crisis of confidence, making terrible decisions prompted by his own doubts or insecurities. The shoes of a king are a tall order to fill, after all; and it's not something Turalyon has ever had call to do.
    I think with Turalyon, it would be more likely that he will start acting against the Horde once he receives a provocation from them or once he considers any of their actions a threat to the Alliance. He is not a hardcore light zealot, but he is Oldschool Alliance. He was outright disgusted about learning that the Horde has Paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Goblin levelling experience, near the end.

- - - Updated - - -

It very much IS a declaration of war, don't be biased. If you ever did the battle for the Undercity event, you will remember that Varian was going to attack on the spot, but Jaina teleported the entire Alliance army (Varian included) away.

And you also have the gunship battle in ICC, meaning that there were already armed clashes between Alliance and Horde by then. Wrathgate happens canonically after Ulduar but before ICC.
    Wrathgate happens BEFORE Ulduar as evidenced in the Ulduar trailer where Varian mentions the incident to Ronin, Garrosh, Thrall and Jaina.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
    The Forsaken in Howling Fjord were spreading the plague, and if you do the Horde side of the quests, you're also attacking Alliance.

Varian never declared war.

You're clearly biased.
    iirc (its been years since i took a horde toon through howling fjord since I like BC aesthetic for them) alliance forces and pirates started harassing forsaken wayyyyy before in the zone. i believe when u land in howling fjord u have to deal with them on forsaken ships and such before you even get to your main forsaken hub.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    TBH it was even better in 5.4 when Blizzard revealed that the Purge was Alliance's promised fist pump moment.
    Source on that?

I thought the Alliance's fist pump moment in MoP was supposed to be when Varian impotently threatened to end the Horde if they misbehaved again?
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    I think with Turalyon, it would be more likely that he will start acting against the Horde once he receives a provocation from them or once he considers any of their actions a threat to the Alliance. He is not a hardcore light zealot, but he is Oldschool Alliance. He was outright disgusted about learning that the Horde has Paladins.
    Quite possible as well. Turalyon left Azeroth when the Horde were outright a malevolent force, and while more recent experiences may have tempered his views somewhat I doubt he's forgotten those formative times - especially the loss of Anduin Lothar at Doomhammer's hand.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Quite possible as well. Turalyon left Azeroth when the Horde were outright a malevolent force, and while more recent experiences may have tempered his views somewhat I doubt he's forgotten those formative times - especially the loss of Anduin Lothar at Doomhammer's hand.
    I mean, I don't think that recent events may have even tempered his views. He was never a hardliner in terms of the Horde and actually the person who decided to rather imprison instead of outright killing them, but still he experienced the Horde as an outright malevolent force and when he returned to Azeroth, the Horde was yet again exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    iirc (its been years since i took a horde toon through howling fjord since I like BC aesthetic for them) alliance forces and pirates started harassing forsaken wayyyyy before in the zone. i believe when u land in howling fjord u have to deal with them on forsaken ships and such before you even get to your main forsaken hub.
    The pirates were a separate thing and were just harassing everyone in the zone (on the other side of the map from the Alliance-Forsaken skirmish). And I may remember this wrong, but I think they were more involved in Alliance questing.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Source on that?
    Can't find it, but I think they stated that in a blue post. Maybe on Twitter. From what I recall it was phrased like a question, like "What do you think Dalaran was?" or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I thought the Alliance's fist pump moment in MoP was supposed to be when Varian impotently threatened to end the Horde if they misbehaved again?
    I doubt even Blizzard would be dense enough to try to sell this as Alliance's fist pump moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

As per usual, you disprove yourself with your own source, so 100% bullshit my ass. You trying to conflate his commentary after dealing with Putress with what he said in his declaration of war is not an argument.

The only mention of anything Forsaken (or not about Orcs) in his declaration of war, i.e. what was actually talked about here, was a passing remark about Sylvanas being a witch. Then there's the description of the declaration of war by the narrator in Chronicles and it still doesn't say what you want it to say. So you're wrong as per two different sources (one of which, again, you invoked yourself just to shoot yourself in the foot)..

Unless your "100% bullshit" remark was you describing the rest of your post that followed after it. In which case, congrats on getting something about lore right for the very first time in your 4.5 years on this forum. Though doing so by writing incorrect nonsense only to describe it as bullshit is a bizarrely roundabout way of achieving it.

A "passing remark"? Typical trash tier damage control. He called it like it is. He mentions Slyvanus being an unchecked witch because he just got done fighting Putress' experiments which were created in Undercity under her jurisdiction. He mentions the Horde itself, of which the Forsaken are a part of. He mentions being in "Horde CITIES", as in multiple. You know more than one, so not just Orgirmmar, but also Undercity. He talks about seeing what has happened to Lordaeron. He also mentions Bolvar in his rallying cry. Clearly referencing the Wrathgate. Acting like it's just about Orcs is just standard garbage juice you continuously spew. Why don't you post what Chronicle said about it verbatim? Because it doesn't say it was only because of Orcs. Stop with the bullshit.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

10+ Year Old Account
    The pirates were a separate thing and were just harassing everyone in the zone (on the other side of the map from the Alliance-Forsaken skirmish). And I may remember this wrong, but I think they were more involved in Alliance questing.
    the alliance has been bombarding/shooting the horde soldiers.

as for the pirates. I peg them in kind of the same category because if humans can use the excuse that forsaken = scourge and attack them, then it is unfair to expect the forsaken to have to differentiate all the different brands of humans attacking them.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)