Shadowlands Lore Conection Na'ru

I remember that in the last round of interviews, they said that we will see some void and light conections with the dead, and I got to remember these 2 Naru from the game, K'ure and D'ore, one is below Oshogun and the other in the Auchindoun, and when they got drought from the light, somehow turned void, but they kept the souls from the dead still walking with the living, many orcs seek knowledge on the spirits on Outland nagrand... well, basically they somehow can keep the dead walking among us and keep them from going into the Shadowlands...

And I want to know, do you think we are going to see some of this? or this is a mere coincidence and also the warcraft devs forgot it... I mean come on, its interesting to explore on it...

---- Edit.

We also know that in Draenor Shadowmoon Vale, Nerzhul and some other shadowmoons commune with the dead, and also that Nerzul was the lich king... if you think this could imply something for Shadowlands, for a patch, let me know.
    Last edited by Feldreams; 2020-07-18 at 05:59 PM.

You are also forgetting about the naaru in Icecrown who rescued the soul of the dying crusader and brought it to the afterlife of the Light. Blizzard also hinted several times in interviews that the Old Gods are not fully dead.

A Light or Void afterlife are entirely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You are also forgetting about the naaru in Icecrown who rescued the soul of the dying crusader and brought it to the afterlife of the Light. Blizzard also hinted several times in interviews that the Old Gods are not fully dead.

That was A'dal iirc?

Also we see 2 different Naaru while in the Shadowlands. One in Maldraxxus and the other we rescue in the Sanguine Depths.

So far these are the two Naaru in Shadowlands.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Also we see 2 different Naaru while in the Shadowlands. One in Maldraxxus and the other we rescue in the Sanguine Depths.
    Which is a shame really, damn windchimes

How did they get a hold of these Naaru anyway? I assume they are captives from repelling previous Void and Light incursions into the Shadowlands. Since one is a void Naaru. I wonder if the Shadowlands has tried to invade the Void or Light in the past.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    How did they get a hold of these Naaru anyway? I assume they are captives from repelling previous Void and Light incursions into the Shadowlands. Since one is a void Naaru. I wonder if the Shadowlands has tried to invade the Void or Light in the past.
    It's the opposite, they mention that the Light has tried invading the Shadowlands in the past. The Void has attacked as well.

15+ Year Old Account

The only confirmed "dead" dead Old Gods right now are Y'shaarj (ripped apart by the Titans) and N'Zoth (reoriginated within his own metaphysical nightmare realm of Ny'alotha). As far as C'thun and Yogg Saron go, we only destroyed corporeal manifestations, so in all likelihood, they are very much alive and, given the fact that we'll be dealing with "Gods of Death," I wouldn't be surprised if Yogg somehow resurfaces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Is that quest, and 'Naaru Paradise' considered canon? I thought it was just a memorial tribute to a player who had died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Is that quest, and 'Naaru Paradise' considered canon? I thought it was just a memorial tribute to a player who had died.

I'd say so. Even though it is a tribute it has been regarded by many as one of the better quest chains ever put into the game, in terms of emotional involvement and story telling. Hell I think even back in the day on this website there were threads about it when Cataclysm was the current expac.

Then again, maybe it isn't.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    The only confirmed "dead" dead Old Gods right now are Y'shaarj (ripped apart by the Titans) and N'Zoth (reoriginated within his own metaphysical nightmare realm of Ny'alotha). As far as C'thun and Yogg Saron go, we only destroyed corporeal manifestations, so in all likelihood, they are very much alive and, given the fact that we'll be dealing with "Gods of Death," I wouldn't be surprised if Yogg somehow resurfaces.
    they are confirmed dead but death is not always the end, as we well know. so the question is: where do the old gods go when they die? back to the void? a void realm/zone of the shadowlands?

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    It was a tribute, but I guess it may have some ramifications for the lore. Don't forget that the entire existance is creation of the Light (even the Void that was birthed by holes in the everexpanding "sea of Light"), hence the Shadowlands were also created by it. Not to mention the whole mystery around Oribos original creators, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    they are confirmed dead but death is not always the end, as we well know. so the question is: where do the old gods go when they die? back to the void? a void realm/zone of the shadowlands?

Well we killed Il'gynoth initially in the Emerald Nightmare, who wasn't an Old God, and he went back to Ny'alotha.

Killing N'Zoth in Ny'alotha, with him being an Old God, could be the same as killing a demon in the Twisting Nether and being permanently dead. I hope not. I hope even dying in Ny'alotha keeps his essence alive somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Encaitar29 View Post
    It was a tribute, but I guess it may have some ramifications for the lore. Don't forget that the entire existance is creation of the Light (even the Void that was birthed by holes in the everexpanding "sea of Light"), hence the Shadowlands were also created by it. Not to mention the whole mystery around Oribos original creators, etc.

Will be interesting to find out if the Shadowlands were automatically "birthed" into existence at the same when the physical universe came into existence, or if some super powerful being crafted an afterlife realm for mortal souls after the fact. Shadowlands lore is going to be very interesting.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-07-19 at 12:45 PM.