Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    rolls on a pvp realm
    pvp happens
    pikachu face meme

not only he is not sorry he posted a non apology on youtube for using his idiotic streamer priviledge.

Folks used to complain about getting killed while they played on PvP servers,
    now they complain about being inconvenienced.
    Wonder how what the next step in the evolutionary chain of PvP-server related complaints will be.

I wish this was a thing on my server, but it's probably too dead anyway. I would applaud any alliance who did that to my guild, since I hate WBs.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

3+ Year Old Account
    That retard streamer should be banned for multiple reasons. Hopefully the opposing faction will camp the hell out of his toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ems1 View Post
    Haha think what u want, was just curious since I never experienced it before and to see if this is common on all servers.
    All this excuses. They are just after your tears and you are bending over and providing them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    It's not PvP if your opponents can't defend themselves.
    Really? Interesting. Thanks for re-defining what PvP means.

Stupid me thought it just meant player versus player.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it is my personal view.

This is just a game, not a war, lol. That 20 lvl priest you killed is another person, and you just wasted a few minutes of their time by killing them just because you could. Or, sorry, because "this is a war and you have to destroy your enemy". You get absolutely no reward for it, actually you get penalized in Classic with dishonourable kills, you didn't 'destroy them' because they will just corpse run and be back. This is basically a definition of sociopathic behaviour.

I never said I'm personally bothered by getting ganked, if that happens. I can always log off and do something else if I find myself getting camped, and my life won't be ruined by it. I just don't understand why would anyone right in their mind enjoy it.
    I am not only playing this game just for rewards, and yes if I see a low level I kill him. And do you know what that is called? Right, player vs. player.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I've looked through old videos of vanilla, various raiding kills and world firsts. Maybe 1% had any world buffs.
    Because you don't use world buffs on progression, genius. Thanks for showing you've never played vanilla.

I'm not sure what are you arguing by pasting ToS, I'm perfectly aware of Blizzard's stance, it hasn't exactly changed at all since vanilla. What I mean is you should have some kind of a personal code of conduct, and just because you are able to kill someone, doesn't mean you should. I've always played on PvP servers and never attacked anyone that I knew couldn't defend themselves. There are exceptions, sometimes someone is just asking to get killed, there are plenty of ways to be obnoxious in WoW and then they pay the price.

Of course Blizzard allows you to be a closet sociopath, but then you're not a PvPer, you're just that.
    So what you are saying is that PvP should only happen when you decide it should happen. This is a new type of entitlement. It is obvious that a PvP realm is too difficult for you. You should transfer to a over realm where your delicate sensibilities will be preserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

It's what made world of warcraft good! (and by that i mean the factor of seeing the other faction in their capital.)

this kind of stuff is the best thing about classic.
    this is why leveling a rogue is an amazing experience IMO. infinite ways to bother people.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

"Rogue camping corpses = All part of the plan"
    "Raids camping instance entrances = All part of the plan"
    "Priest dispells your songflower buff?" = LOSE YOUR FUCKING MIND THIS ISNT FAIR THIS IS BULLSHIT BAN THEM CANCEL THEM!!! CANCEL THEMMMMMMMMMM!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I think it's kind of a petty thing to do since it doesn't give the dispeller or their faction anything, but it's perfectly fair. I mean, you can avoid it to some degree with precautions (summon to the entrance of the raid, kill the opposing faction if they're around, etc. You can't really prevent dispellers from doing it in Booty Bay or on the island or at the songflower spawn points but you get the head buff in your city and you can portal people from within DM N if you task a mage with doing that just inside the instance as people come back with buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just be a streamer with a GM in your VIP Pocket! Problem solved!
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Because you don't use world buffs on progression, genius. Thanks for showing you've never played vanilla.
    considering how bad we were in vanila,those world buffs never lasted more than a first boss or trashpack lol ,i still have PTSD from aq trash,btw my vanila guild did all content prior to naxx and we never used world buffs,even flasks was considered ''elitist and tryhard and not fair'' but those were different times,some people even saw addons as ''cheating'' or got EXTREMLY mad about paladins using bubbles in duels

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it's sort of sad that the state of PvP has devolved into dispelling people's world buffs, but that's the direction the game has headed. When the honor system is completely min/maxed by an honor/hour approach, there's hardly any world PvP save the few instances that an Alliance/Horde raid group raid at roughly the same hours (which is rare on a lot of servers, because as soon as one server gets the upper hand population wise, the other faction just bails to a different server so they can enjoy the exact same thing).

Like I said, it's sad, but what do you expect people to do. "Some" people roll on PvP servers to actually do wPvP, and if every option of wPvP is exhausted because people sit in capital cities doing BGs or raid logging until that one day they raid for a few hours... well what do you expect these people to do. The option always existed to just roll on a PvE server right from the get go, and a lot of people didn't take it, even with the knowledge that world buffs were going to be abused, and that the weeks before BGs got released were going to be a shit show. When BGs got released one of those problems got fixed, so now you just have a bunch of people who like to do wPvP doing the last thing they can really do, and that's dispelling your world buffs. All of this is exacerbated by there being virtually zero challenge in classic WoW so people have to make it 'challenging' by seeing how fast they beat trivial content with world buffs. The above combined with personalities and streamers being active in the game just makes wPvP and dispelling in general even more rewarding for these people. What's better than getting a live reaction with absolute rage? Nothing to these guys.

Again, not saying it's honorable, just pointing out why it's a thing and how people could've easily avoided it. Zero sympathy for people who whine about this or broadcast themselves playing (especially if they care about speed running classic), when the option to avoid all of this existed nearly a year ago on the character select screen. "Most" PvP servers aren't actually PvP servers anymore anyways, they're glorified PvE servers with the occasional run in with the other faction, and the risk of being dispelled by remnants of the opposite faction, or people who have multiple accounts on your realm and simply dispel people from guilds they don't like for the laughs.

I'm not going to watch the video of the streamer guy apologizing because I'm not going to give some dude clicks who whined about PvP on a PvP server and apparently got some dude banned because some idiot GM was watching this guy play WoW. Not a fan of people who go out of their way to dispel people because it's pretty low hanging fruit, but a streamer whining about being targeted (which probably isn't even true to begin with) and asking for somebody to get banned is even worse. While some streamers absolutely do get stream sniped, it's absolutely obnoxious when a streamer announces that they're getting stream sniped during every single altercation in WoW when they get rolled over by somebody in wPvP (whether it be retail, or classic). Some people LITERALLY with reckless abandon sit there for hours on end targeting and killing anybody who comes into their sight, whether you stream or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the dispel guy was suspended again.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AlertTacitWaffleNotATK
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Ems1 View Post
    Hi,
    So on my server (mograine- eu) the horde seem to have nothing better to do then to just gather up and dispell alliance in places where people get world buff or on their way to raids (note: not even killing). Example - near songflower, dmf, Brm, dm and even inside mage tower in sw. we don’t commit so much to world buffs so we don’t care that much but can’t seem to understand why to do this? Is there such lack of things to do in classic so that you don’t even world pvp and kill but only dispel / purge? I’m just laughing about the people that do these things for no reason or Benefit for them, just pure waste of time

Same thing on other servers?
    Wait... its every horde player? I was led to believe it was just 1 asshole griefing people.

Dispelling world buffs is no pvp, it's griefing. You don't dispell world buffs to pvp somebody but to try to make them feel miserable because your own life sucks. It's pretty bad for server health. That said, can't really be banned.
    Last edited by xblubbx; 2020-07-19 at 06:42 AM.

The purging game is what drives pvp servers now. Do I like it? Hell yea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Apparently the dispel guy was suspended again.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AlertTacitWaffleNotATK

I don't have sound on the computer I'm currently on, but this is the same guy who got banned and the un-banned for allegedly "targeting" that streamer? And why did he just get banned again?

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I don't have sound on the computer I'm currently on, but this is the same guy who got banned and the un-banned for allegedly "targeting" that streamer? And why did he just get banned again?
    Because he has a friend GM and ask him to ban that guy.