Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GetCrunk View Post
    Because he has a friend GM and ask him to ban that guy.

Isn't that what happened initially? Then he was un-banned for "dispelling world buffs" or whatever... but it seems he was just banned again. Or is it banned twice for the same reason, lmao

Quote Originally Posted by xblubbx View Post
    Dispelling world buffs is no pvp, it's griefing.
    Two lvl 60s killing and teabagging a leveling lvl 20 toon isn't PvP, it's griefing.

Oh and, also totally allowed and an everyday occurrence.

Is it suddenly all like, oh you can PvP at 60 but you can't use dispel, might be a world buff on there.

What's going on in classic? Did it attract the most toxic of wow's community? I'm debating on whether or not I should play it, as fun can start in phase 5, but there seem to be quite some drama and a ton of griefing pvp'ers. I never EVER encountered this kind of griefing when I played vanilla.

And are servers still 4 times the size as they were in vanilla ?

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I don't have sound on the computer I'm currently on, but this is the same guy who got banned and the un-banned for allegedly "targeting" that streamer? And why did he just get banned again?
    Seperate reason apparently. Nothing to do with dispelling this time around, allegedly.

OT: Dispelling is PvP. If you don't like it, go on a PvE server.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I don't have sound on the computer I'm currently on, but this is the same guy who got banned and the un-banned for allegedly "targeting" that streamer? And why did he just get banned again?
    He went round dispelling again, but this time added a cross-faction macro which said "b l a m e a r l a e u s." Heard a claim he spammed it 300 times in the space of an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    What's going on in classic? Did it attract the most toxic of wow's community? I'm debating on whether or not I should play it, as fun can start in phase 5, but there seem to be quite some drama and a ton of griefing pvp'ers. I never EVER encountered this kind of griefing when I played vanilla.

And are servers still 4 times the size as they were in vanilla ?
    Dodge Gehennas and you'll dodge most of the dispel griefing. Firemaw can be bad too but nowhere near as worse as Gehennas. Or roll on a PvE server to avoid it at all.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

I don’t see much of an issue. Better that these sadists and sociopaths get their jollies wasting time in a game rather than hassling and inconveniencing people IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Apparently the dispel guy was suspended again.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AlertTacitWaffleNotATK
    And he was banned because people reported him for spamming 8 lines over the hour with "B L A m E A R L A U S" while he was dispelling in orgrimmar. He's obviously a shitstain since you don't get 7 day bans the first time people report you enough times for the automatic system to kick in. Nothing of value was lost

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Imagine giving a shit about world buffs, when you can clear all the content with your eyes closed. The classic community is such a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    Imagine giving a shit about world buffs, when you can clear all the content with your eyes closed. The classic community is such a joke.
    Imagine people doing it because they enjoy pushing higher numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by xblubbx View Post
    Dispelling world buffs is no pvp, it's griefing. You don't dispell world buffs to pvp somebody but to try to make them feel miserable because your own life sucks. It's pretty bad for server health. That said, can't really be banned.
    roll pve realms then

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    roll pve realms then

you should not need to reroll servers, if you are lvl 50-60 and want to do world PVP okey but if you lvl to 20 just to dispell you should get ban. is the same shit if i go and gank a low lvl over and over i get ban and yes is in the ToS this.

you should not need to reroll servers, if you are lvl 50-60 and want to do world PVP okey but if you lvl to 20 just to dispell you should get ban. is the same shit if i go and gank a low lvl over and over i get ban and yes is in the ToS this.
    All is fair in open pvp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ems1 View Post
    Hi,
    So on my server (mograine- eu) the horde seem to have nothing better to do then to just gather up and dispell alliance in places where people get world buff or on their way to raids (note: not even killing). Example - near songflower, dmf, Brm, dm and even inside mage tower in sw. we don’t commit so much to world buffs so we don’t care that much but can’t seem to understand why to do this? Is there such lack of things to do in classic so that you don’t even world pvp and kill but only dispel / purge? I’m just laughing about the people that do these things for no reason or Benefit for them, just pure waste of time

Same thing on other servers?
    Two things:

1. Don't play on a PVP server if you don't want to deal with griefing. That's what PVP servers exist for.
    2. Yes, there is nothing better to do in Classic. At least there isn't for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Two things:

1. Don't play on a PVP server if you don't want to deal with griefing. That's what PVP servers exist for.
    2. Yes, there is nothing better to do in Classic. At least there isn't for some people.
    First read the ToS. You will see that even ganking a player over and over you can ban, then come here and tell me what serv to play, as long you disrupt the game for other people in the means the game was not meant to be played you can and will be ban if that player makes a report. And the every one here come and Cry on forums that they got ban. And yes I got ban 10 years ago for 48 hours for ganking a shit rogue for 1hour he was my lvl and got me when I was under 10% HP so I spend 1 hour killing him and got ban.

First read the ToS. You will see that even ganking a player over and over you can ban, then come here and tell me what serv to play, as long you disrupt the game for other people in the means the game was not meant to be played you can and will be ban if that player makes a report. And the every one here come and Cry on forums that they got ban. And yes I got ban 10 years ago for 48 hours for ganking a shit rogue for 1hour he was my lvl and got me when I was under 10% HP so I spend 1 hour killing him and got ban.
    i've camped people for more then an hour before and never been banned. The amount of disruption you cause to a player has to be ENORMOUS.

If there is a pvp resolution available, they won't intervene.

That player could have called for help and they could 3v1 you, and then leave after you're dead. Getting ganked for an hour is because player was too lazy to find a solution.

Travelling through BRM and three level 20 priests called "Goodbaibuff", "Goodbaibuffs", and "Baibuffs" went past me in a nice multiboxed chain.

Made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The problem seems to be that a lot of PvE players rolled on a PvP server. Even more, a lot of you chose Horde in particular to enjoy "PvP" with a massive population advantage.

Time to pay the piper.

Can't complain when you're on a pvp server

Everyone who is getting mad about this situation is honestly laughable. In world PVP anything is fair game this includes dispelling your buffs to make you weaker. Next time get a summon XD

World buff culture is way more "toxic" than the dispelling of said buffs.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .