Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    - It's not like the Horde went on a killing rampage through her people's lands under Garrosh.
    - It's not like the peace treaty with the Horde after SoO gave away Night Elven lands in Azshara, with the Horde promising to stay out of Ashenvale.
    - It's not like the Horde broke that treaty all to hell, going on another killing rampage through Ashenvale and Darkshore.
    - It's not like the Horde burned down Teldrassil, killing unnumbered Night Elves, mostly civilians including children.

Nah, she's just crazy. /drippingsarcasm

If not for gameplay mechanics ensuring there will still be an Alliance, the other leaders' stance would be insane and suicidal.

#TyrandeIsRight #DaelinWasRight
    There’s certainly an argument to be made for Tyrande’s stance, and as we already know from SL she seems more focused on Sylvanas than the Horde anyway. The point was that from a player character perspective you can latch onto the “no peace, only vengeance” or the “only good Horde is a dead Horde” mentality (even if you don’t care that much about what happened to the elves in particular). You can call it righteous anger, but those are not the stances of the “good guys”.

Even in the real world when terrible war crimes have been perpetrated we don’t wipe whole nations off the face of the earth in retribution because it’s understood that you don’t hold everyone responsible for the actions of a few.

It’s unfortunate that the game doesn’t really let you play out any sort of political subtlety. If you’re part of the Horde then you side with the evil raid boss until they become a raid boss. Often times the world doesn’t even reflect what’s going on with the story either.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2020-07-19 at 06:23 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    "For Gnome Punting!" - WoWCrendor xD That is why I play horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because all of my friends play horde, I'd rather be alliance but I know literally no one there so kinda pointless to be ally.

I left the alliance at the start of legion because finding a mythic raiding guild is significantly easier as horde than alliance. I do miss having shadowmeld on some of my characters tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I remember reading a post on the official forums where one guy said if he talked about WoW with some people IRL, if they said they played Horde, he had to restrain himself from physically attacking them. Why? "I HATE SADISTS!!!" he said. I found that incredibly creepy.
    Yeah, that's definitely the sign of something being off. However, there are people who play both factions that take their fanaticism too seriously outside of the game. To be honest, over this decade and a half I feel like I've seen it mostly from the "For the Horde" crowd, but they're not the only ones.

I don't think anyone should stop playing Horde OR Alliance just because of whatever the faction leaders are doing. It's just unfortunate that as players we don't have the agency to make decisions regarding these things in game. I definitely thought it kinda sucked having to constantly take orders from Nathanos when I was aware of dissidents within the faction that were more aligned with my own feelings and acting against Sylvanas.

5+ Year Old Account
    I want to feel ugly...jk

I like to play horde to see horde side of the story and to play as undead and troll Master race Zandalari.

I would also play horde more often if they had ogre race and Yaungol are way better looking then Tauren
    Last edited by TigTone; 2020-07-19 at 06:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbrigham View Post
    I totally LOVE Tauren. They're my second favorite race. Because nature. But they get the same "burn this down" quests. I just can't.
    Agree with that but WoW has never been about choice, especially not in Cataclysm where every quest had to be done in sequence to advance through zones. Hated that since I couldn't avoid the nature destroying quests that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    My theory? People who find themselves in envyronments where they feel ostricized probably relate to the horde.
    A simple way to say it is emo people and edge lords prefer horde.
    They think themselves at odds with life.
    There is then the issue of powerful racials and how the top players gravitated towards it cause of that and the cascading effect.

But, i agree with you. I really don't get a kick from playing horde. I think it's related to the storytelling and aesthetics, cause i got no problem playing Sith in SWTOR. Though on that game you got the choice of not being a douchebag as well. In wow you have to do as the power hungry dictator tells you, and you gotta take shit from Nathanos on top of that.
    Man I feel like I should be paying extra for this imax projection.

I love proud, advanced civilisations that aren't bound by morality. I also like using arcane fire to burn treehuggers. Blighting them is even funnier.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Are mods sleeping? OP asking a bait question and gives rude replies to people doesnt this deserve a ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    Got lost in undercity 15 years ago and havent found my way out yet.
    god I hate that city.

the first time I put my foot in it I had to use my HS to get out. atleast flying made it easier now a days!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    Are mods sleeping? OP asking a bait question and gives rude replies to people doesnt this deserve a ban?
    Not bait. Genuine question

Quote Originally Posted by Bbrigham View Post
    So why is this half the playerbases fantasy this?? I mean my job is horrific. Literally. So this green, beautiful place is my escape. Why is the Horde other's fantasy?? Help me understand.
    I don't care about the story, that's meaningless to me, I care about reaching my objectives. Don't get trapped in the idea that everyone is immersed in the game world.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

mods are busy laughing their asses off about it

on topic: OP is either a boring troll or a truly butthurt nelf player whos still mad about teldrassil
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

A ban for rude responses? Half the forum would be banned.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I started as horde to play with friends. I played alliance for a while to play with friends. When the guild I played with disbanded the raid team at the start of legion we kept on casual running pugs.

At the end of legion the core of the casual group went horde because the scene for pugs doing casual mythic raiding was so much better. There is a significant difference in pugging on horde. Simply due to numbers.

While playing horde we have met some strong players who joined our core and topping up in group finder is easy. We casually raid mythic on a Wednesday and do alt heroic. We got good players for m+ also.

I doubt we will ever go back to alliance because of this.

In terms of lore the narrative isn't mine, its blizzards. It doesn't put me off horde, it makes me less interested in some of the story recently. I hope shadowlands goes better in terms of how horde is represented.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Yeah, that's definitely the sign of something being off. However, there are people who play both factions that take their fanaticism too seriously outside of the game. To be honest, over this decade and a half I feel like I've seen it mostly from the "For the Horde" crowd, but they're not the only ones.

I don't think anyone should stop playing Horde OR Alliance just because of whatever the faction leaders are doing. It's just unfortunate that as players we don't have the agency to make decisions regarding these things in game. I definitely thought it kinda sucked having to constantly take orders from Nathanos when I was aware of dissidents within the faction that were more aligned with my own feelings and acting against Sylvanas.
    Yeah, I should have said players from both sides can takes things too far. Though, I've seen more lately from the Alliance since the tree was burned.

I agree with you about lack of agency for the player. I stopped playing shortly before the final patch of Legion, because I could see the writing on the wall of where the Horde was going. So, I've sat out the entirety of BFA. I'm thinking of returning for Shadowlands, but can play the latest expansion without buying the previous? I can't remember.

because red is superior to blue .

Because I can't pay for all my characters a faction change.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Undead master race