Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It was such bullshit that they changed how you opt in for beta. Purging all Legacy Testers, but Streamers of course.

WoD Beta Tester

Legion Beta Tester

BfA Alpha Tester

Shadowlands FKED BY BLIZZ!

There are enough people waiting for an invite. Do they need more disappointed, waiting people? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    It was such bullshit that they changed how you opt in for beta. Purging all Legacy Testers, but Streamers of course.

WoD Beta Tester

Legion Beta Tester

BfA Alpha Tester

There's nothing special about you. You're not a legacy tester.

10+ Year Old Account

Read the support article.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    "We weren’t able to record your opt-in. Please try again later."

This is all i got still since week. Okay cool.
    Its a known issue and Blizzard has recommended solutions.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...n-error/577102

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000262459

10+ Year Old Account

WoD Beta Tester

Legion Beta Tester

BfA Alpha Tester

Always funny to see such special snowflakes. If you were truely so eager to test the beta you would've checked if you were signed up from the moment they announced it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    An active sub is not needed.
    Blue Post proving this?

I know it wasnt in WOLK or Cata but I'm sure its changed

WoD Beta Tester

Legion Beta Tester

BfA Alpha Tester

Haha I know the feeling man/woman
    Last edited by MarkTheMadMad; 2020-07-18 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MCitra View Post
    Still not sure why they did not mention that people who have been opted in their setting since i dont know? The early years of wow is not told that those settings are now gone and you have to manually opt again. Most of us old players kinda thought we got put down a list If we opted again... Stupid but you never know with blizzard.
    Yeah, I assume it's so they have a special new "engagement" metric to show off to the activision overlords. "Look how many people clicked this fancy new page just for shadowlands!"

Granted that doesn't explain why they didn't throw some kind of alert in the launcher to let us know it changed. /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I must be one of the few who has no interest in doing any betas because I don't want the entire experience spoiled for me. I also have no interest in all that min/maxing and just want to take my time playing the game.
    I'm with you. I get burned out anyway during content cycles so I don't see any reason to spend time on a buggy version of the game just to play the same content again in a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    Blue Post proving this?

I know it wasnt in WOLK or Cata but I'm sure its changed

If you think about it it doesnt make any sense to only hand out beta invites to active subs. Yeah they play the game and would probably play the beta a little to. But having someone that left the game because it wasnt good enough to make them stay and getting feedback from these people is just as important as it is from currently playing players.
    Also there have already been people that had alpha that didnt have an active sub.. Its just random, all you need to do is opt in for the beta and cross your fingers and wait.
    And Classic beta was used as a marketing tool to get more people back and it worked. People came back to play.

I was banned for 3 months like 3 years ago, I'm pretty sure that takes me out of the "in good standing"
    Really wanted to try this one out since, in my opinion, this expansion will be a breaking point for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    I'm with you. I get burned out anyway during content cycles so I don't see any reason to spend time on a buggy version of the game just to play the same content again in a couple months.
    I feel this way too. I've used beta to try out one or two new things, give them feedback, and then maybe log on here in there if they add something I want to test.

I have in the past have opted in and then have unsubscribed. And gotten into Beta and that made me resub. So guess there's that.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it's how to apply and never get accepted to the beta...playing since Vanilla and only ever got invited one yet people who haven't played for years snag invite :|

All i would do if i got beta key would be trying out the changes to the different classes and just goof around in "New content" But that's not really what the beta is there for.. so it's better if people who actully report on bugs and provide blizz with feedback gets the invites.

I don't even try to join to beta. I prefer to wait for the release of the game .

7+ Year Old Account
    Every once in a while I hop on this website just to see if people still care about WoW. Turns out not many do now :'(

Dark Legacy, spot on as always.

WoD Beta Tester

Legion Beta Tester

BfA Alpha Tester

least you've done SOME beta's the only beta I got was MoP cause you know EVERYONE got into that one with the year sub.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I must be one of the few who has no interest in doing any betas because I don't want the entire experience spoiled for me. I also have no interest in all that min/maxing and just want to take my time playing the game.
    There are probably lots more who aren't interested in Beta for all sorts of reasons. For example, I'm not because I'm a shit beta tester. I can't invest enough time to actually test and give proper feedback, so I think it's better if I don't opt in for it.

WoD Beta Tester

Legion Beta Tester

BfA Alpha Tester

I've been in every beta since WOTLK and have not gotten into this one yet. I might have even gotten into WOTLK's but I was playing Warhammer Online at the time.

Be patient. I am sure that 75% of the player base will get into it before its over.

I wouldn't mind playing beta like a month before release.