Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm optimistic, I really hope they work out the UI and QoL stuff though, as no matter the grief wow gets, it does a good job at UI/QoL (compared to every other mmo).

extremly ambitious,but the people behind it are extremly naive if they this these systems will work,with how leaders get asigned and how growing does zones works,sure the first few weeks or months may be interesting,but after a wile a meta will develop and it will render 99% of those zones dead...also they are either lying on some rly hard hallucinogens if they think 250v250 can work...the biggest game that does huge battles is planetside,but those battles take place on huge zones and the design of the game is pretty simple with shooting mecanics mostly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Not having wheelchair qol features =/= hardcore.
    "Wheelchair qol features"

Thats a bit too mean spirited..QOL changes aren't bad really but w/e
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Maybe I'll give it a shot then, doesn't look like something I'd like but when it comes out its only supposed to be a monthly fee anyway.

Wish someone would make a pure pve game with instanced dungeons and raids >.>, no pvp at all.
    Pantheon is an upcoming heavily PvE focused game, with little to no pvp. It's essentially Everquest 3, taking alot of direct inspiration from everquest.

It's been stuck in Alpha hell for like 3 years now though, and their director/visionary Brad Mcquaid died. So don't get your hopes up.

The very big thing is that there is no goblinoid publishers to rush the product and fuck over the development since its primarily funded by the guy who listed all those systems. His pledge to maintain a very healthy degree of communication between devs and the community throughout alpha and onward is promising as well.
    I can't even imagine how that would be possible after getting used only to years of degenerate lies from Blizzard. Years of "we listen to the community" while refusing to fix and change obvious design failures that were red flagged in alpha / beta of each expansion.
    To be fair, publishers also give a goal to work towards. With nothing stopping them from taking 10 years to finish it, they probably will. Look at Star Citizen.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Pantheon is an upcoming heavily PvE focused game, with little to no pvp. It's essentially Everquest 3, taking alot of direct inspiration from everquest.

It's been stuck in Alpha hell for like 3 years now though, and their director/visionary Brad Mcquaid died. So don't get your hopes up.
    It also was supposed to be a "hardcore" pve game lacking in recent QoL, so I really didn't have hopes for it anyway.

There are some things that made me think its bad or not going to work, but I did watch the interview that asmongold had and that answered many doubts i had.

I never liked the "not everyone gets flying". My opinion originally was either no one gets to fly or its is eventually possible with enough work. Yet, if its only like ten people out of ten thousand, I can simply pretend that flying doesnt exist. Nothing can rely on flying, if its that low.

Huge amount of people in the sieges, etc. They did say they have the internal server system pretty well made and that 250vs250 was already, what was it "extremely confident" or something. The guy said that they tried 500vs500 and see if that works, but it had some problems. Would they have even bothered trying that many, if 250vs250 didnt work basically perfectly? Not sure how they do it, but at this point I no longer have much doubt at all.

As for the world and how it functions. I doubt its possible to "keep a meta" and make everything stay the way it is. I dont think they will allow players to "break the system". Whether it feels good or not, is another thing.

Personally, I'm quite interested.

edit: ALSO

Apprently the game doesn't have a box price. There will only be a subscription. I can try it easily without worrying of wasting money too much on a game that I don't really even like.
    Last edited by Morae; 2020-07-20 at 10:35 PM.

Just my two cents, but the game seems to have much too great of a PvP focus to have any legs in the western mmo market. You see a pretty clear delineation between people who want to invest time grinding in an mmo and people who want to hardcore pvp here.

Every other day you see a thread of someone whining because they have to do some pve content to be viable in pvp and vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I seriously hope guys like Asmongold realize this game is very much "doubt" in terms of what's being promised...

This game has all the marks of Wildstar without the latter great aesthetics.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2020-07-21 at 12:45 AM.

I like the concept, the PVP focus is always worrying because it depends on how many players play the game.

I didn't check all the information in this thread. But can you switch classes. Or do I really have to create like 400 toons to test out all the combinations etc.?
    Summoner by itself looks like they could feel, look and probably even play very different depending on your secondary class choice.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-07-21 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I like the concept, the PVP focus is always worrying because it depends on how many players play the game.

I didn't check all the information in this thread. But can you switch classes. Or do I really have to create like 400 toons to test out all the combinations etc.?
    Summoner by itself looks like they could feel, look and probably even play very different depending on your secondary class choice.
    Just your secondary class, not your primary.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    That's what, 10 months ago? And searching with MMO-C's search feature didn't bring up the thread.

It's a shame that the best search feature on MMO-C is to literally just use google
    There's a lot of junk about this website. Crap that should have been replaced/updated YEARS ago is still being used. It's amazing, honestly.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Just your secondary class, not your primary.
    Awww man, on one hand, that's cool, on the other hand, the job class names by themselves sound so awesome that I really want to try things out.
    But not being able to switch and commit is in my opinion the better way to handle MMO-*RPGs*. So that's fine I guess.

But when I read the names of the class-combinations such as "Soul-Bow", "Shadowlord", "Falconer"... there are so many things I would love to try out, even if things are limited to only like 8 skills per combination (for example 5 Primary, 3 Secondary).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    To be fair, publishers also give a goal to work towards. With nothing stopping them from taking 10 years to finish it, they probably will. Look at Star Citizen.
    That's the other extreme that does happen sometimes unfortunately today's medium is generally filled with the extreme where most big publishers push unfinished garbage, stick their nasty fingers up every dev's but and promote the most predatory crap imaginable. Its sad that some people got so used to this kind of stuff so much that they now view it as the norm. CDPR is another example of how things CAN be done. Taking enough time to properly finish a product is the right way to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    extremly ambitious,but the people behind it are extremly naive if they this these systems will work,with how leaders get asigned and how growing does zones works,sure the first few weeks or months may be interesting,but after a wile a meta will develop and it will render 99% of those zones dead...also they are either lying on some rly hard hallucinogens if they think 250v250 can work...the biggest game that does huge battles is planetside,but those battles take place on huge zones and the design of the game is pretty simple with shooting mecanics mostly

GW2 WvW can go up to 500 on a map and thats a 8yr old game. GW2 managed these kind of numbers by toning down a lot of the graphics and player effects.
    You won't be the same flashy character with all the armor and spell effects in that kind of environment and thats ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a game that is 100% destined to rapidly fail due to how everything is built around the node system, which is controlled by players.

IE: The game will launch and probably have a lot of players and hype going in, but then a few weeks/months will go buy and the meganerd guilds will figure out what is optimal/meta... Said meganerd guilds will monopolize the node system and forever shape it the way they want it to be, dragging everyone else along for the ride... And in the end the 99% of players not in the meganerd guilds will quickly grow tired of being forced to play at the whims of the top 1% of meganerd players and will just stop playing... Then game will die and shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Seems like a game that is 100% destined to rapidly fail due to how everything is built around the node system, which is controlled by players.

IE: The game will launch and probably have a lot of players and hype going in, but then a few weeks/months will go buy and the meganerd guilds will figure out what is optimal/meta... Said meganerd guilds will monopolize the node system and forever shape it the way they want it to be, dragging everyone else along for the ride... And in the end the 99% of players not in the meganerd guilds will quickly grow tired of being forced to play at the whims of the top 1% of meganerd players and will just stop playing... Then game will die and shut down.
    Isn't this exactly what has happened in like every single game ever where this has been possible?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

CDPR is another example of how things CAN be done. Taking enough time to properly finish a product is the right way to go.
    CDPR is a beautiful outlier in that regard, they have the wonderful smarts to be able to determine what is realistically feasible to achieve in an acceptable time period, whilst also delivering top quality product. Nothing about this Ashes of Creation game says that, it looks to me like they are biting off more than they can chew and something bad is gonna happen later down the line as a result.

I might be in the minority here, but I don't care about "next generation of MMO's" and all these flashy new technologies and features of epic proportions that companies try to lead their advertising with. Just give me another simple MMO built upon a proven ground that is actually as good as WoW. No other MMO in over 15 years have come close to replicating the beautiful flow of WoW combat, and it came out in freakin' 2004! WHY?!?!

Make a game that is basic but plays well, then start to build on it after release with these epic grand experiments, otherwise it's just risking falling into a pit of circular development on features we don't really care about that much (let's be real), and when it finally comes out (if it even does) the basics have suffered because of the grand over reaching visions.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I might be in the minority here, but I don't care about "next generation of MMO's" and all these flashy new technologies and features of epic proportions that companies try to lead their advertising with. Just give me another simple MMO built upon a proven ground that is actually as good as WoW. No other MMO in over 15 years have come close to replicating the beautiful flow of WoW combat, and it came out in freakin' 2004! WHY?!?!
    Animation lock is often the reason.
    WoW has none of it, you can move and jump and press buttons to your hearts content and at no point will your character go "I can't do that, i'm finishing this animation first".
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    It looks ambitious and the team developing it is promising, hopefully they're gonna deliver, but I don't expect it to be finished in another 5 years, that's like, married and with kids or WW3 enlisted? Can't wait.
    They cannot enlist you if you are disabled, that includes metal issues and if you do any recreational drugs. I am golden and so are all of my friends.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal