Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Retail ? I've got this on PTR this morning
    at this point id be oke with a 3 month prepatch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Your analogy is utter garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

So then what are you referring to? Vanilla beta?
    ok
    you're going down a path that has 5 doors
    1 door is correct
    you have a 20% chance of success

you're going down a path with 6 doors
    1 door is correct
    you have a 16% chance of success

see??

instead of even having the possibility of this situation existing on the fringe end of the spectrum they can make them swappable and nobody is harmed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Thanks for the flashbacks
    when you are clearing ICC 25 heroic on your main and your main alt gets denied for naxx 25

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    What people are sleeping on is that there is likely going to be a #1 for each covenant combo... on a SPEC BY SPEC basis. There's no fucking way that people are going to be able to keep track of what the #1 covenant is for each and every spec in each and every piece of content, every tuning update.

The Venthyr teleport is a problem and needs to be altered, but for the class abilities unless there's any that are infamously and terribly bad I really doubt anyone is going to see a sub rogue apply and ask "what's your covenant" so that they can check a website to see if it's the best one. People will still decline based on class or spec but soulbind/covenant is too much information for a PUG leader.
    what about the covenants where the ability is dead for 1 of your specs??

also dont you see how annoying the swapping could be if you want to do something like compete with others of the same spec or push your numbers??

i get that for a vast majority of players this isnt going to be a huge deal....it will be pretty annoying to some who want to swap around for fun though just to test stuff out. Making the abilities swappable solves this while still keeping the whole "meaningful choice" idea that they want to hammer home while keeping homogenized gear and talents in the same expansion they bring back tons of baseline abilities across all specs of a class. If the story and cosmetics plus the sould binds arent anough for the covenants to be meaningful then thats bad design.

I sure do love getting Bnet updates with no Beta invitation! It really does excite me more for when I do get one later on down the Beta's runtime...

Oh wait, NO IT DOESN'T!

Lol 300 mb update :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    and gets @Fahrad Wagner to constantly shitpost about it
    Well then it's perfect.
    Exsqueeeeeeze-me?

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    what about the covenants where the ability is dead for 1 of your specs??

also dont you see how annoying the swapping could be if you want to do something like compete with others of the same spec or push your numbers??

i get that for a vast majority of players this isnt going to be a huge deal....it will be pretty annoying to some who want to swap around for fun though just to test stuff out. Making the abilities swappable solves this while still keeping the whole "meaningful choice" idea that they want to hammer home while keeping homogenized gear and talents in the same expansion they bring back tons of baseline abilities across all specs of a class. If the story and cosmetics plus the sould binds arent anough for the covenants to be meaningful then thats bad design.
    It is annoying if it is a bad ability for one/multiple of your specs, and I can understand not liking it if you enjoy the current meta of being able to swap to anything whenever, but I think that inconvenience is healthy for the game.

Making the abilities swappable: everyone will be forced to pick the same abilities. Convenience and choice at the sake of builds being brainless. It's a positive if you like that and a negative if you don't. I also don't think the number of players who like to experiment with anything suboptimal for their current spec is large enough.

There's a lot of people with fear about being declined over covenants that I think is unfounded. I 100% get people who just don't like inconvenience in optimization and that's a more understandable argument, and it's hard to argue against because people generally think "if the player is inconvenienced it's bad, because we're paying for this game you should kiss our ass". Because you really can only argue with "the game as a whole being more interesting is more important than you as a customer" which goes against the current cultural zeitgeist of pro-consumer agency vs corporations being shitty. From what Blizz has said they aren't being anti-customer but a lot of people see it that way.

NOBODY likes being told "well you just aren't that important".
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2020-07-21 at 05:52 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Exsqueeeeeeze-me?
    Well then it's perfect.
    wonder when it'll just become another purchasable thing that half the playerbase is okay with

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Exsqueeeeeeze-me?
    Don’t worry about that

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Can't find anything on this, where did you see that?
    It does not include that. It does however include an update to 1 model that is part of an encrypted armor set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    It does not include that. It does however include an update to 1 model that is part of an encrypted armor set.
    Ohhh, thanks Marla! How long has the encrypted armor set been on the game, and are there any clues as to what it might be?

I reserve the right to think that people designing world quests like these do it out of spite alone.

https://i.imgur.com/KIfHANw.mp4

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Ohhh, thanks Marla! How long has the encrypted armor set been on the game, and are there any clues as to what it might be?
    Since 8.3 and we have no idea. Likely indeed some transmog sort of thing though considering it's a collection set available for all races.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    I reserve the right to think that people designing world quests like these do it out of spite alone.

Is that from SL beta? Blizzard is so on point with their memes.. flappybird was 2015ish?
    Edit: Lol even worse, 2013 .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post

Good lord.

Please no.

I'd rather have another 2 years of watching turtles reaching the water.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-07-21 at 07:52 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Keep the minigame WQ's coming, the only thing that makes me like them more is all the people that get upset over them. The only minigame WQ's I've genuinely hated so far are the ones where you shoot the crabs & birds with Tortollans, all of the Kirin Tor ones, Nazjatar ones and the other 2 Tortollan ones are 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Good lord.

Please no.

I'd rather have another 2 years of watching turtles reaching the water.
    A flappy bird made it through the pipes

7+ Year Old Account
    Raid testing schedule is out.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Raid testing out and no guilds are in beta to test it lmfao

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerzeit View Post
    Raid testing out and no guilds are in beta to test it lmfao
    Pug free for all!

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Keep the minigame WQ's coming, the only thing that makes me like them more is all the people that get upset over them. The only minigame WQ's I've genuinely hated so far are the ones where you shoot the crabs & birds with Tortollans, all of the Kirin Tor ones, Nazjatar ones and the other 2 Tortollan ones are 10/10.
    Liking things because it makes others angry is the peak of bitterness. I don't know why any human being would want to advertise their petty feelings to the world but hey, this cesspit's as good as any.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean they already copied it as a minigame with Malthael back when RoS was released no?
    I had to seriously think what you ment there.. as much as wow was diablo3-fied, I still didn't know what you were on about in WoW terms there.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.