Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    This game has all the marks of Wildstar without the latter great aesthetics.
    I really hope so, WildStar was one of the BEST games I have played. Sad to see that it is gone
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They cannot enlist you if you are disabled, that includes metal issues and if you do any recreational drugs. I am golden and so are all of my friends.
    I'm gonna get into drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    I'm gonna get into drugs.
    Yes most people do not get that this is 100% a way out of ever being enlisted. Just admit to being a drug addict and you are not even looked at again.

Yes most people do not get that this is 100% a way out of ever being enlisted. Just admit to being a drug addict and you are not even looked at again.
    You're strictly talking about the english speaking world here, right?

Because, having to worry about conscription is such a regular day occurrence right.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    You're strictly talking about the english speaking world here, right?

Because, having to worry about conscription is such a regular day occurrence right.
    Ya I am talking about civilized countries that don't have backwards bronze aged barbaric beliefs.

Ya I am talking about civilized countries that don't have backwards bronze aged barbaric beliefs.
    Why would you go to an army recruitment center and go "hey btw im a drug addict" ?

Ashes will have to change to f2p pretty soon and will NOT be the "wow killer" some people praising it to be.
    There are way too many issues and handling them all while balancing the game to be a good experience for everyone...yeah,
    not seeing that. Without a fanbase games like this die quickly if they can't keep up the hype.
    Prove me wrong, I wouldn't mind a decent MMORPG which actually keeps most of its promises.

Too good to be true

Why would you go to an army recruitment center and go "hey btw im a drug addict" ?
    Many Countries can draft people in times of war if need be. They will not take certain people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Animation lock is often the reason.
    WoW has none of it, you can move and jump and press buttons to your hearts content and at no point will your character go "I can't do that, i'm finishing this animation first".
    WoW did have animation locks

Many Countries can draft people in times of war if need be. They will not take certain people.
    Canada hasn't had conscription outside of the world wars, i'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Military Service "can" be a good experience. It helped me a lot.

Canada hasn't had conscription outside of the world wars, i'm sure you have nothing to worry about.
    I definitely don't, I have too much spine damage regardless.

it's a pre-alpha with a mocked ui, just to make it functional
    looks good for a pre-alpha build
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

I am having this game on my radar for quite a while, probably in a few months i am gonna make the payment in order to play the game during beta.

It surely has many things that are very interesting but but but combat for me is a very crucial factor.

If it is boring i am not gonna stick around for more than the time i would spent to max out my character's lvl, which is my new limit that i have recently set for new MMOs, with the previous limit being the first free month.

EVE online is an awesome game but it's combat is not for everyone, if this game is like EVE but with good combat then it is going to be very successful.

COMBAT COMBAT COMBAT!

Quote Originally Posted by ek0zu View Post
    I am having this game on my radar for quite a while, probably in a few months i am gonna make the payment in order to play the game during beta.

It surely has many things that are very interesting but but but combat for me is a very crucial factor.

If it is boring i am not gonna stick around for more than the time i would spent to max out my character's lvl, which is my new limit that i have recently set for new MMOs, with the previous limit being the first free month.

EVE online is an awesome game but it's combat is not for everyone, if this game is like EVE but with good combat then it is going to be very successful.

COMBAT COMBAT COMBAT!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw the similarities between EVE and this game.

But yeah, combat and movement. I'm a little concerned about the complete and utter lack of fast-travel across large distances. Moving within a few nodes that are developed sounds reasonable. But getting across the entire continent just sounds irritating.

Those same large distances really makes me wonder about the logistical realities of conducting a war against anyone more than a handful of nodes away. EVE online has jump anchors and wormholes that can be used to bring in large fleets. I wonder what Ashes will have?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll kick in money to buy beta phase 1 or 2 access because the more I hear about it the more interested I'm becoming which is much the same with my friends. My main worry is whether or not they're being overly ambitious with this project especially coming from an independent studio. Balancing 64 classes alone is a herculean task unless they're going for homogenization.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw the similarities between EVE and this game.

But yeah, combat and movement. I'm a little concerned about the complete and utter lack of fast-travel across large distances. Moving within a few nodes that are developed sounds reasonable. But getting across the entire continent just sounds irritating.

Those same large distances really makes me wonder about the logistical realities of conducting a war against anyone more than a handful of nodes away. EVE online has jump anchors and wormholes that can be used to bring in large fleets. I wonder what Ashes will have?
    Lets hope they don't try to claim "realism" or "Muh immersion" No fast travel at all in big worlds is...frustrating and feels like one's time is being wasted(I did like GW2's vision of fast travel).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Lets hope they don't try to claim "realism" or "Muh immersion" No fast travel at all in big worlds is...frustrating and feels like one's time is being wasted(I did like GW2's vision of fast travel).
    From the Asmongold interview...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0LQSMT83L0&t=79m1s

There are several ways to travel...in major metropolis
    Including fast travel IF you develop some kind of scientific...stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Ashes will have to change to f2p pretty soon and will NOT be the "wow killer" some people praising it to be.
    There are way too many issues and handling them all while balancing the game to be a good experience for everyone...yeah,
    not seeing that. Without a fanbase games like this die quickly if they can't keep up the hype.
    Prove me wrong, I wouldn't mind a decent MMORPG which actually keeps most of its promises.

Some wow players think that success for a mmo could only mean killing wow. They somehow forget that FF14, ESO, GW2 and a few other projects are still going with healthy populations constantly releasing content. Even if its not a wow killer it could still settle down to a decent population that likes that feature list.