Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I wrong or is Taran Zhu not basically they're defacto leader?

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    This would be true if there were stressors on Pandaria's defense. But as seen with 8.3, the Shado-Pan remain efficient and capable of quickly rallying defenses, including volunteers and militias, within an hour of the invasion breaking out which is, frankly, a phenomenal response time for a national defense force in a decentralized society.
    It's a phenomenal response time for a modern armed force with access to roads and vehicles, let alone a decentralized, levy-style militia that is either on foot, mounted on turtles somehow as fast as horses and with some flying mounts. But then again Blizzard has never much cared about logistics, if at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Am I wrong or is Taran Zhu not basically they're defacto leader?
    Taran Zhu leads their defense force, which is partly conscripted but mostly volunteer, drawn from candidates from all settlements, but he has no political position within Pandaria. The pandaren, both Wandering Isle and mainland, operate in decentralized anarcho-syndicalist communes; the highest ranking officials are mayors and governors of townships that function as allied city-states, with the Shado-Pan being their unified defense force and individual settlements depending on local militias and volunteers.

They're notably one of if not the only strongly-decentralized governments on Azeroth, as just about every other nation has a strong central government--even the goblin trade cartels function as centralized governments running the disparate settlements.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Would be cool. The Horde and Alliance technically only command Pandaren who swear fealty to their High King and War Council respectively, namely the Tushui and Huojin. The Alliance and Horde don't rule the Pandaren living on the greater continent of Pandaria. As for who? I've already heard some good choices, Taran Zhu seems like a no-brainer, but until he's officially Emperor of Pandaria, we're free to speculate. I hope they don't come up with some kind of council, that'd be pretty boring. The Alliance and now Horde are already ruled that way. Not every Emperor needs to be malevolent.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2020-07-22 at 01:13 AM.

Lorewalker Cho seems like he'd fit the role of the late Emperor the best. He has that kind of calming quality about him. I'd trust him sooner than I'd trust Taran Zhu, who fell to corruption of the Sha. Cho doesn't seem like he's above it, and Taran Zhu does have training to deal with things like that, but I guess it kind of speaks more to Cho's character that he at least hasn't put anyone in danger to an extent we're aware of as a result of stuff like that. Plus, it was Cho who asked us to help with N'zoth's attack on the Vale - the Shado-Pan didn't reach out to adventurers for aid. Without which, the Vale, the Shadow-Pan, and the Celestials may have fallen to the Black Empire. Zhu did get a punch in on Garrosh at one point, but he was ultimately defeated. Cho meanwhile kind of helps us through the Norushen portion to cleanse everyone before confronting Garrosh, which was apparently necessary or we would have lost there too. So, Cho I guess in same ways has weirdly high success rates when we really need him - a lot like the late Emperor, I guess.

Emperors don't arise because people want to have one. Emperors can come out of nowhere and will themselves to power with a super charismatic personality that cause the public to forgo logic and swoon to them. There is no mechanism to defend against it because their charisma can cause the public to destroy whatever form of government is currently in place to make them absolute ruler.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I don't think an Emperor or a Warchief or some kind of sovereign will rule in the future of Warcraft Universe.
    imo this fantasy world in a view of ruling and counseling follows the way of our world.
    how? well this is how, - The Horde was under the rule of the Warchief for many many times, now there's a council, which doesn't feel odd. it is united nations after all. there are more female leaders now then male leaders. and almost all the new Allied raced leaders are female

Horde

Nightborne - Female
    Mag'Har - Female
    Highmountain - Female
    Zandalari - Female

Alliance

Kul'Tirans - Female
    Dark Iron - Female
    Lightforged - Female
    Void Elves - Male
    Mechagnome - well.. still male I guess

thus, feminism, equity and democracy is more visible in this fantasy world now than ever, so titles like Emperor, King and such are fading away
    Last edited by Lorathir; 2020-07-22 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Vulpera - Male

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Man, we never saw gnome in cinematic - so i assume if story not about Human,Elf or Orc then devs do not give two shits about them.

Just look at allied races .. last pair for Undeads + Worgens (maybe even Pandarens) ...? whatsoever wait for 10.0+
    The only one who doesn't seem to give a shit here is you. Please, give a shit or two and go watch some Legion and BFA cinematics.