Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Warlock: SL/SL PvP and Destro PvE. PvP find a good resto druid and +2k! PvE the spec is fantastic for raids at any level AND sac VW for solo questing.
    Man I know SL/SL is the meta and I used to play it as well. But it was rly boring and I would rly want to try some arena combos with deep affliction, UA was no joke in TBC. Probably the meta might shift now.

- - - Updated - - -

I will play TBC as a side game for sure. Because as a PvP player the maintenance is low. After your weekly cap, you just q for the fun of it. Although I have to go horde and I don't rly like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I highly, highly doubt that there's a larger crowd wanting to linearly progress. I suspect the massively larger crowd are the TBC ones waiting in the wings with zero interest in classic.
    I highly doubt that since I don't know anyone who is waiting for TBC, but skipped the current Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePainTrain69 View Post
    Never played holy pally cause i got banned in Vanilla, but all I remember is only having 3 spells for TBC: short cast heal, long cast heat and instant holy shock and that was it
    It was like that in WotLK too (I mean you had holy power dumper in the pre-patch and Bacon of Light). However a good Holy Paladin knows how to play both offensively and defensively.

For instance, if your team does not need healing you need to be DPSing or prepping a CC lock or regaining mana with seals. Seal Juggling was a thing in TBC. In PVE you would be making sure that 1) You are healing 2) Keeping up Seals/Buffs 3) Cleansing.

There is more to healing than shelling out heals.

Can't wait for TBC though, they need to hurry up. Vanilla was great but all I care about is minimal time investment of Arenas.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Once a Huntard, always a Huntard. I love to be able to effektevily do something against Casters and to be able to defend myself against Melees.

I remember when Divine Storm was added to Retribution spec and it absolutely wrecked. Would be fun to see that incarnation again in the game.

Play BM in BC

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Warlock because I can bind Shadowbolt to a heart-rate monitor and be a high-end raider without ever having to alt-tab back into the game.
    While this is almost true for warlock, it's actually 100 % true for hunters. You could literally put everything in one macro to do optimal dps.

Almost every spec became more fun in TBC. I would say that probably enhancement and healing specs had the most notable changes for me.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-07-21 at 09:16 PM.

I have a max level Shaman and Paladin in classic on the same server and plan on playing both in TBC Classic. Yes it was a pain in the ass to level both independently with no help from the other but that was my main goal I set out to do in Classic aside from Shaman Tanking which is 100% viable in almost all of the content and I changed a ton of peoples minds, Shaman Tank is also viable in TBC too which is awesome.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Prot paladin was mega fun in TBC. Tempted to roll one. Also TBC started my druids feral life...mmm. But maybe just stay warrior.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    Once a Huntard, always a Huntard. I love to be able to effektevily do something against Casters and to be able to defend myself against Melees.

I remember when Divine Storm was added to Retribution spec and it absolutely wrecked. Would be fun to see that incarnation again in the game.

Play BM in BC
    BC BM had nothing to do with what modern people think BM is. It was about 20% haste from one five point talent, a macro to cast Steady and Auto Shots, and then hit one button the entire expansion. Hideously boring downgrade from vanilla imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard gave us !Autoshot, so why is it a offence to use it ? And Running aroud with 50% crit unbuffed was fun as hell, especially in pvp. I could compete with warriors, i could more or less instakill warlocks, mages and priest. The bane of my wow existence. Whats wrong with that ?
    Last edited by Rehija; 2020-07-22 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Which is not leaving TBC too late. Delaying too long will cost them more money in the long run. Honestly, the crowd of people who want to farm naxx for a good length of time and then linearly progress to TBC when they're ready is probably much much smaller than you think -- certainly much smaller than the huge number of players who started in TBC and literally couldn't care less about classic, which is exactly what I said in the post you just quoted.
    I've seen Naxx in WotLK. I'm happy to revisit it in Classic and see how it really compares (IMO, it's not going to be the huge challenge everyone made it out to be). But I'm seriously not interested in farming it for months. The gear is irrelevant as it's slightly weaker than TBC pre-raid BIS (mostly due to the crit and hit rating change). I've already told my guild that the day we kill KT is the day I'm done with Classic. I highly suspect a good portion of the Classic playerbase will do the same.

- - - Updated - - -

I play Hunter in Classic because I played Hunter in Vanilla.
    I'll be playing Warrior and Druid in Classic TBC because that's what I played in original TBC.

Also, I've been playing Warrior (Arms) and Druid (Boomkin) almost exclusively for the past 13 years, so I don't see why I should change now.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterland View Post
    I've seen Naxx in WotLK. I'm happy to revisit it in Classic and see how it really compares (IMO, it's not going to be the huge challenge everyone made it out to be). But I'm seriously not interested in farming it for months. The gear is irrelevant as it's slightly weaker than TBC pre-raid BIS (mostly due to the crit and hit rating change). I've already told my guild that the day we kill KT is the day I'm done with Classic. I highly suspect a good portion of the Classic playerbase will do the same.

- - - Updated - - -

I play Hunter in Classic because I played Hunter in Vanilla.
    I'll be playing Warrior and Druid in Classic TBC because that's what I played in original TBC.

Also, I've been playing Warrior (Arms) and Druid (Boomkin) almost exclusively for the past 13 years, so I don't see why I should change now.
    So wait a second, lemme get this straight. You've been raiding with your guild for quite a while by now I presume (since you seem to be 100% sure you'll be one of the hunters taken to Naxx and taken to Kel'Thuzad). You've cleared and farmed MC, Ony, ZG with them, and in a few weeks, AQ. What about your Mage officer who is only playing so he can create Ati'esh? He will need around 2 months worth of Naxx clears. What about the maintanks, who've been tanking their way just so they can get 9/9 Dreadnaught? Those don't matter to you? The guild helped you reach your goal (clearing Naxx), but you don't wanna help the guildies reach their own goals?

My goal is to clear all content as a Moonkin and get End of Dreams, one of the most iconic druid weapons in the game. I never got End of Dreams in OG Vanilla, and we were "only" 11/14 Naxx cleared, in OG vanilla. Do I log off and say my farewells as soon as I get the mace + kill KT? Abit selfish, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Dalinos

Good point. I love to be part of a Team, regardless of how hard or easy the Goal is. Its Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    @ Dalinos

Good point. I love to be part of a Team, regardless of how hard or easy the Goal is. Its Fun
    That's the whole point of playing an MMORPG. Otherwise, I/you/anyone would just fire up Dark Souls or Assassin's Creed on the Console, and get our hit of progress on a single-player RPG. But that's not why we play WOW, is it. It's cause there's a community. A bunch of people, around the world, of similar ages, having fun together.

I went through Quarantine with these gentlemen. My country took some of the most hardcore measures to fight the pandemic, we went full on martial law, having curfews and needing to send messages to the GVMT just so we could leave our homes. Tough times. Guess who was there, on disc, every day, cause they were in a similar situation with me - my guildies. I couldn't even meet up with my RL mates, due to the martial law in place. I'll be damned if I ever abandon these men.

On Topic: TBC classes are the shit. The best part about TBC raiding is you need EVERYTHING cause EVERYONE brings SOMETHING. You need one of each druid, one of each pala, 4 shamans, an Arms warrior, at least 1 warlock, a bunch of hunters...everyone has their spot in TBC raiding. The only pure-DPS checks are Brutallus in SWP and Gruul the Dragonkiller (early on, once you outgear him he's a pushover), maybe Bloodboil in BT.
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2020-07-22 at 06:26 AM.

Never played holy pally cause i got banned in Vanilla, but all I remember is only having 3 spells for TBC: short cast heal, long cast heat and instant holy shock and that was it
    Yeah but they were still really good. DI and still being able to dip in to get kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Dalinos

I always wanted to serve. In my case it was impossible, im Female and 154cm Tall (small?). The next best thing was a Private Security Company were a lot of Vets worked, and they taught me everything, even the stuff i wouldnt need when protecting someone or standing on the rail during a concert. I loved every minute of it and that job gave me a lot.

so /salute

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwhat View Post
    Ret pall was still a meme spec in tbc. I ran HC with geared ones and they were always oom during the fights, not after. Shaman was op though.
    Not only did Rets oom a lot, but if you weren't in the 'right' 25-man raid setup, your utility wasn't worth the loss in DPS you represented. You needed to be in the melee group to buff them, and have the right buffs from others, etc., and all that would about make your buffs balance out your awful DPS. As Alliance it was worse, because you didn't have Seal of Blood (so less damage and no mana regen from be healed of your self-harm). Your DPS cycle in a long fight was like a Mage's - burn down your mana until a pot's maximum return wouldn't be wasted, pop a mana pot, conserve mana until your next pot was nearly off CD, burn till oom just as the pot came off CD, pop the pot. If you had a stable raid comp, you'd be able to work out whether twisting to seal of wisdom for mana was ever worth it (as opposed to just taking it easy on the judgement/re-seal cycle), otherwise you'd just use you best guess depending on raid and group comp. Oh, and like Holy, you'll want to bear in mind that Lay on Hands reset your mana to a certain (small) level, so make sure you oom before using it if at all possible. Of course, LoH was still on a one hour CD, so it's not like you could rely on it.

It had a certain charm, but was annoyingly involved and required a lot of micromanaged of mana and seals for little return.

I think once Classic goes to BC I'll work on a Draenei Shaman, as it's a class-race combo I've always loved, and BC to me was the Draenei expansion, Alliance-side, even if their starting zones' story never paid off in the end game like it should have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    That's Wotlk mate, TBC added Crusader Strike.
    I remember levelling a Paladin in BC, and when you hit L50 and got Crusader Strike it made such a huge difference to questing speed and DPS in dungeons. Then your DPS just went nowhere and by the time you hit L70 it was junk again.

And having that come back reminds me of why a Paladin is not on my Classic/Classic BC class list. World stuff is just so painful with them, even as a Prot or well-geared Ret. Things die slowly, so you take a lot of damage, and have to heal in and between pulls of any challenge, and then you have to drink. Mana is negative, so even on easy mobs you can't pull and pull and pull - you could do that better with a Mage, FFS. Unless you were a TBC Prot with Avenger's Shield you had no ranged pulling mechanism (apparently throwing rocks at mobs to get their attention isn't a Light-approved move), so getting to the mob you wanted was a tricky and tedious process (though it teach being very careful of pats and aggro radii).

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, except that you wanted at least three Holy Light (the slow heal) versions on your bars - Rank 1 to keep your cast-time reduction buff rolling if nothing much was happening, max rank for maximum throughput, and a middling rank for maximum HL efficiency. Flash of Light (the fast cast) was fast and cheap, but rather small. Holy Shock had something like a 20s CD back then, so it was something you wanted to hold for that time when you were forced to move at a bad time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    BC BM had nothing to do with what modern people think BM is. It was about 20% haste from one five point talent, a macro to cast Steady and Auto Shots, and then hit one button the entire expansion. Hideously boring downgrade from vanilla imo.
    You left out swapping in and out of Aspect of the Viper for mana regen, and trying to get the Paladins to listen when you say "Give me Wisdom, dammit".

10+ Year Old Account
    You left out swapping in and out of Aspect of the Viper for mana regen, and trying to get the Paladins to listen when you say "Give me Wisdom, dammit".
    Judge Wisom please
    > Doesnt do Damage <
    I dont give a shit, JUDGE WISOM GODDAMMIT !

Classic:
    You cant Kill a PvP Priest, they are to tanky
    You cant Kill A Warlock, they are TOOO! Tanky
    You can 2crit a Mage, thats it
    Last edited by Rehija; 2020-07-24 at 11:29 AM.

Mained Paladin for more or less 10 years and that didn’t change for Classic, but once TBC comes I’m going Retribution spec- which isn’t at all viable in Classic.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I love vanilla warlock, and loathe TBC warlock.

Vanilla you can be SM/Ruin and it's basically like being affliction and destruction specced.... You are quality in raids, and godly in pvp...

In TBC, the PvE builds all suck hard in pvp.... and the dominant PvP build (SL/SL) is a cancer, brain damaged abomination of a playstyle. UA can be fun, and has a viable pvp meta with shadow priest and Rshaman.... but it's still half the spec it was in vanilla without having the serious nuke power SM/Ruin has..

I'll be playing BElf Ret in TBC like I did in og.... Wings and crusader strike really help that spec feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    I highly doubt that since I don't know anyone who is waiting for TBC, but skipped the current Classic.
    You mean to tell me someone who is currently playing and hanging out with people who play classic doesn’t know anyone who is just waiting for tbc?

Man that’s so crazy!