Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Amazing how many "pro" PvP players know nothing about PvP and just eat what Blizzard serves them.

The most important factor in PvP is having an equal playing field. If people win because of their gear advantage, then for once PvP is not fun but about grinding, and secondly: the 'entrance fee' that has to be 'paid' means less people participate in PvP, and that means less fun overall for everyone. While there has to be some form of entrance fee as of the nature of the game (like leveling to max) it should be as minimal as possible. So there should be some form of easily acquirable gear that everyone can get in less than a day, and from that point on gear should not play any role in PvP at all.

With the reintroduction of critical PvP abilities as a gear reward Blizzard takes a long step backwards. Can you imagine PvPing without CC-breakers? No? Then why would any new pvp player endure that? The essential skills should be available from the first moment you enter PvP without any restrictions.

Just another "change" returning the old stuff to recycle it again. I think its time to face the fact that this game has no real new content in the past few years. How come that GGG comes with a new expansion every 3 months and Blizz cant figure out anything new and cool once per 2 years and needs to recycle recycled stuff over and over again, while remaining to be the most expensive game to play in history?

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    you can pve without pvp. cant pvp without pve. pve > pvp. straight fax.

i had to hardcore pvp on MULTIPLE Chars in 8.2 and 8.3 as a pve progress player 2 of my bis esseces and pvp chest with azerite says hello dont spread bullshit
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    bad call. cc break being tied to the pvp talents was a good thing.

this will only exacerbate more the discrepancy between pvp and pve gear.
    PvP and PvE gear should be different. They are separate progression paths. The removal of resilience and PvP power was bad for PvP.

Basically all the pve dudes that won't and never did get past an average rating crying about this.

Quote Originally Posted by twothe View Post
    Amazing how many "pro" PvP players know nothing about PvP and just eat what Blizzard serves them.

The most important factor in PvP is having an equal playing field. If people win because of their gear advantage, then for once PvP is not fun but about grinding, and secondly: the 'entrance fee' that has to be 'paid' means less people participate in PvP, and that means less fun overall for everyone. While there has to be some form of entrance fee as of the nature of the game (like leveling to max) it should be as minimal as possible. So there should be some form of easily acquirable gear that everyone can get in less than a day, and from that point on gear should not play any role in PvP at all.

With the reintroduction of critical PvP abilities as a gear reward Blizzard takes a long step backwards. Can you imagine PvPing without CC-breakers? No? Then why would any new pvp player endure that? The essential skills should be available from the first moment you enter PvP without any restrictions.
    As a PVPer, no thanks. Stop trying to ruin PVP. We enjoy having honor + conquest gear that is BiS for PVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Bolsheviks were amazing too.
    There is nothing fascist about antifa, you do not know the meaning of the word.
    100 milion dead people, so amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is the PVP vendor a reference to Reckful?

7+ Year Old Account
    *giggling* this is funny. Will be interesting to see how they going to implement these things in absence of normal organization of characteristics and presence of abnormal organization of talents *critically nodding to PvP-perks*
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-07-23 at 12:27 PM.

No no and no.

Do you guys earn no gear in Mythic+? Should gear be normalized in Mythic raiding? No.

Do you not get gold when you kill someone in LoL? Should the game prevent you from snowballing games? No.

Do you not win more money when you win a round in CS:GO? Should the game prevent you from snowballing? No.

WoW has always been a RPG, and gear matters in a RPG. Stop spreading your lazy nonsence everywhere and return playing GW2 or something.

- Signed, a angry R1 player tired of struggling to kill a backpedaling DH or Retpal in 1v1 while used to kill people 1v4 in previous expansions.

they should give a basic version with nothing but the CC break effect as a one time quest reward, like in BfA where you got the net shooter thingy for a quest where you need to kill 1 player of the enemy faction. And then let you buy upgraded versions of it with whatever stats they want to give those trinkets (versatility?).

Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    We enjoy having honor + conquest gear that is BiS for PVP.
    Every PvP player that enjoys having superior gear rewards enjoys PvP because he enjoys winning thanks to superior gear. A true PvP player would want to win because of his skill and not his gear, and that requires gear to be equalized during the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotural View Post
    No no and no.

Do you guys earn no gear in Mythic+? Should gear be normalized in Mythic raiding? No.

Do you not get gold when you kill someone in LoL? Should the game prevent you from snowballing games? No.

Do you not win more money when you win a round in CS:GO? Should the game prevent you from snowballing? No.

WoW has always been a RPG, and gear matters in a RPG. Stop spreading your lazy nonsence everywhere and return playing GW2 or something.

- Signed, a angry R1 player tired of struggling to kill a backpedaling DH or Retpal in 1v1 while used to kill people 1v4 in previous expansions.
    Scaling and "even playing field" gets really annoying in bfa. I que arena, we enter and theres enemy dude with 300k hp. What's that, like 420 ilvl? We're 475. But the scaling magic happens and he just keeps soaking the damage. Got hit by the motorcycle trinket? No biggie. Eaten a burst from all cd's? Shrug off. Pumping 50k dps into him and his hp bar barely moves. That's utter bullshit. Same in BG's.

I never understand why ppl bitch so much pvp vs pve. WoW is a game, to be good at it you need to play it. Conflict and strife is bis minor for my spec in pve but its only from arena, i need some rating in order to get it in timely fashion too. Do i mad? Nah, i just pug some arenas and that's it. 1400 isn't hard. Ppl that are complaining are mostly those that haven't done anything past queuable content.

Every PvP player that enjoys having superior gear rewards enjoys PvP because he enjoys winning thanks to superior gear. A true PvP player would want to win because of his skill and not his gear, and that requires gear to be equalized during the battle.
    Or people just enjoy the item progession of an RPG?

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    Was about to say the same about PvE
    But he said it first! So he wins! Sorry, PvP, be gone Forever!!!! :-) LoL /jk, there is room for both.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I don't understand the point of this change. I just logged into beta, and I still have Gladiator's Medallion as an option. I guess this means they want to let you choose Adaptation or Relentless, and use the trinket too.
    Or that they haven't fixed it and implementet it yet just like the blue post kinda states....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Definitely a good change in my book; I would rather gear not exist in PvP in any way, but if it absolutely must for some dumb reason, then people who actually do PvP regularly, whether it be rated or even unrated, should have advantages over PvE heroes, which is simply not the case at all right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Helcaraxe View Post
    Blizz made a mistake and they listened to people like you. Since MoP they fucked up everything. I hope they will stop listening to people who suck at everything. PvP is not for PvE geared people. In MoP everyone was same geared if they were willing to farm PvP gear. There was justice. In this expansion there is no justice. Whoever has better ger has higher chance to win.

So you can take your PvE gear and put it on your chair and sit there.
    there is sooo much wrong with this i don't even know where to begin. just try to think for a second of all the ways i could spin your argument back at you.

unfortunately seems like everyone else, as usual, is stuck in nostalgia and "new = bad" "old = good" mentality.
    this was one of the few good things that they've done over the years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    PvP and PvE gear should be different. They are separate progression paths. The removal of resilience and PvP power was bad for PvP.
    who said pvp and pve gear shouldn't be different? battlemaster and the new auto-proc shield are pvp trinkets, and have always been. we need more like it. problem with the medallion is it's 100% mandatory, there's no choice on the matter, you either have it or you have it. but with the 2nd trinket there's always some room for choice.

also, nobody said anything about pvp power or resilience, so i don't know why you're bringing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    No it just furher skews any semblance of balance, go human get to use two pve trinkets.
    This actually nerfs Human since they lose Relentless as well, and now have to either go with double DPS trinket with more CC than before, or get less value from EMfH because of PvP trinket.

Now if only Orc would be brought down a tad as well.

- - - Updated - - -

The top two rated players in the world right now literally have 4 PvP pieces each - the rest is PvE. Maybe chill out with the ridiculous "PvP players just want superior gear" when it's currently skewed (heavily) in the other direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    who said pvp and pve gear shouldn't be different? battlemaster and the new auto-proc shield are pvp trinkets, and have always been. we need more like it. problem with the medallion is it's 100% mandatory, there's no choice on the matter, you either have it or you have it. but with the 2nd trinket there's always some room for choice.

also, nobody said anything about pvp power or resilience, so i don't know why you're bringing it up.
    Guessing you don't have much experience with PvP? It's not at all 100% mandatory, many specs in the past have gotten away with not using it. It's the default absolutely, but it's never been a barrier at all to get - you'd do maybe one BG to be able to afford the basic one.

Come on, man.

The most important factor for PvP is not having an equal playing field; it's also a showcase of progress.
    The most important factor for competitive PvP is having an equal playing field.

Where is the split? Around 2.1-2.2k I would say. And that's how it's worked in the past until BfA.

Make the trinket free, idm that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Come on, man.

The most important factor for PvP is not having an equal playing field; it's also a showcase of progress.
    The most important factor for competitive PvP is having an equal playing field.

Where is the split? Around 2.1-2.2k I would say. And that's how it's worked in the past until BfA.

Make the trinket free, idm that!
    I would argue it kick in at about 1900 now. Not many people pvp in bfa after they get their raid bis.