Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    First arena of the "extension" (I don't think that's Kisiwa yet) was a bit painful, to the point I'm not even sure about what team to bring before continuing. Most of my Tems are useless apparently, and it's always painful to level another one "from scratch" as you have to go through breeding + proper TV training to have something that can be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    First arena of the "extension" (I don't think that's Kisiwa yet) was a bit painful, to the point I'm not even sure about what team to bring before continuing. Most of my Tems are useless apparently, and it's always painful to level another one "from scratch" as you have to go through breeding + proper TV training to have something that can be helpful.
    Lots of earth going into kisiwa so bring water tems and nature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Its also a good idea to bring mental type as there are a lot of normals. If you dont have a good one, you can catch it as soon as you finish 1.st gym and talk to some old dude a bit later on road as you get climbing gear.

Look for Hocus:
    https://temtactics.gg/map

I love it how they did Kuri text and its much better than dead pokemon monthers skull.

Also you can now find item called eraser and it can fix your temtem TV so you dont have to buy - stat fruits any more if you fuck it up.
    There is a new cosmetic that speeds up egg hatching, but you need to bring 2 eggs to some guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Yeah, did that, was met with an Arena filled with Crystal, Fight and Toxic types.
    That's why I'm not sure anymore about what to do. I'll probably spend some time leveling some Toxic types as they're usually more resilient to other types. And I'll probably breed a good Saku (I have a great one with all 45+ except... SPATK obviously) as it's a Wind-Grass type with a Mental attack so I guess it can be a great tool overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Also you can now find item called eraser and it can fix your temtem TV so you dont have to buy - stat fruits any more if you fuck it up.
    There is a new cosmetic that speeds up egg hatching, but you need to bring 2 eggs to some guy.
    Do you know where to get that ? I know in the patchnote they mention items that prevent TV gains to one stat (so that sounded a bit meh), didn't hear about something that completely erases TVs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, did that, was met with an Arena filled with Crystal, Fight and Toxic types.
    That's why I'm not sure anymore about what to do. I'll probably spend some time leveling some Toxic types as they're usually more resilient to other types. And I'll probably breed a good Saku (I have a great one with all 45+ except... SPATK obviously) as it's a Wind-Grass type with a Mental attack so I guess it can be a great tool overall.

Do you know where to get that ? I know in the patchnote they mention items that prevent TV gains to one stat (so that sounded a bit meh), didn't hear about something that completely erases TVs.

Climbing gear needed. You can see spots to climb by orange lines.

Is there a list of all the new TemTem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well RIP ..... The general you fight has temtem over lvl 86 (mine were 57 max) and there is no way you can beat him, unless you probaly train yours to current max lvl and go fight him with a perfect setup. He 2 shoted most of my perfect temtems at 5 iv and mine did very low damage on him (mind that they have max attack stat iv). He worm also outspeeds all the priority moves. Even a debuff team would have a hard time. Well by normal gameplay from a fresh start you would probaly hit 48 on your temtem, so its a imposible to win fight by design. He has that new worm, a eevee psyhic like temtemm gazuma and i dont know the 4th.

Haven't played since launch, is there any actual MMO content now or the game is still mediocre single player monster game with shared world?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Haven't played since launch, is there any actual MMO content now or the game is still mediocre single player monster game with shared world?
    There are clans and a chat, but nothing like raids / dungeons for endgame group content.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    There are clans and a chat, but nothing like raids / dungeons for endgame group content.
    OK, then I'll wait for their later releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a felling they will nerf this:
    https://temtem.gamepedia.com/Tortenite%27s_Garden

Pretty OP skill.

Well RIP ..... The general you fight has temtem over lvl 86 (mine were 57 max) and there is no way you can beat him, unless you probaly train yours to current max lvl and go fight him with a perfect setup. He 2 shoted most of my perfect temtems at 5 iv and mine did very low damage on him (mind that they have max attack stat iv). He worm also outspeeds all the priority moves. Even a debuff team would have a hard time. Well by normal gameplay from a fresh start you would probaly hit 48 on your temtem, so its a imposible to win fight by design. He has that new worm, a eevee psyhic like temtemm gazuma and i dont know the 4th.
    Yeah we reached that yesterday and we're pretty confident it's actually impossible
    We went totally unprepared and couldn't even kill one of them

Now time to build a Earth team to get Turoc !

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah we reached that yesterday and we're pretty confident it's actually impossible
    We went totally unprepared and couldn't even kill one of them

Now time to build a Earth team to get Turoc !
    Just get a team of those 2 types x 3 each and you will murder those trainers.
    https://temtemstrat.com/en/temtem/droply
    https://temtemstrat.com/en/temtem/vulffy
    Stats dont matter, but train them a bit on crystal shrine so they have some extra lvls.

However earth shrine looks like a good way to train Atk as each of them gives +4. (and also lvls)
    But you will need some mental and water ones for farming. If you have Nagaise you win (i dont have one).

Farming this one right now for breeding:
    https://temtemstrat.com/fiche-temtem/pocus

How ridiculous it is that you do some breeding to get the stats you want through breeding, then spend some time leveling it and upping its TVs correctly, to only fall on the Passive which is a straight fucking HANDICAP

I mean, Osukai has the choice between :
    Sensei : When attacking with a Physical technique, uses the SPATK, and when attacking with a special technique, uses the ATK.
    Body stretch : When resting, gets regenerating for 2 turns.

Yeah, what's the fucking point of Sensei ?? This dude is full on Physical attack and majority of physical techniques and no Special Attack at all

Damn this game sucks when it comes to passives. A lot are meh, some are overpowered, and quite a number are awful shit only nerfing your Tem.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2020-07-25 at 12:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How ridiculous it is that you do some breeding to get the stats you want through breeding, then spend some time leveling it and upping its TVs correctly, to only fall on the Passive which is a straight fucking HANDICAP

I mean, Osukai has the choice between :
    Sensei : When attacking with a Physical technique, uses the SPATK, and when attacking with a special technique, uses the ATK.
    Body stretch : When resting, gets regenerating for 2 turns.

Yeah, what's the fucking point of Sensei ?? This dude is full on Physical attack and majority of physical techniques and no Special Attack at all

Damn this game sucks when it comes to passives. A lot are meh, some are overpowered, and quite a number are awful shit only nerfing your Tem.
    Well you gota use Osuchi with Brawny only for breeding to avoid this.

Its still kinda usefull if you breed Dust Vortex (131 damage 1 turn hold 2 priority) and Dim Mak seems to be ignoring sp.defense of any temtem and it will hit for 80 damage.

Sensei: When attacking with a physique Physical technique, uses the SPATK, and when attacking with a special technique, uses the ATK.

I would just use Mudrid in this type of situation for sp.atk realy.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far I'm enjoying Kisiwa quite a bit. The dialog has some actual interesting moments and weirdly relates to some of the things going on in the US at the moment. The Dojo Master kicked my ass though because he has a lot of Melee and Neutral Temtem which my team had no real answers to. Because of that I ended up catching a Hocus and evolving it into a Pocus to shore up some of my weaknesses.

Temtem is a weird game because I find myself playing it differently than Pokemon. In Pokemon I like to choose my team of 6 and then just use them throughout my journey but in Temtem, I end up swapping my team around a bit while playing.

Honestly when this game is completed I think it could go down as one of the best Pokemon/Pokemon-like games ever. The story is more engaging so far than any Pokemon game and the combat has a difficulty and depth to it that Pokemon honestly never has. Plus, the MMO features are really cool as well. I can't get over how embarassing this is for Game Freak. An indie team with kickstarted money just swooped in and is currently making Game Freak look like fools.

Well you gota use Osuchi with Brawny only for breeding to avoid this.

Its still kinda usefull if you breed Dust Vortex (131 damage 1 turn hold 2 priority) and Dim Mak seems to be ignoring sp.defense of any temtem and it will hit for 80 damage.

Sensei: When attacking with a physique Physical technique, uses the SPATK, and when attacking with a special technique, uses the ATK.

I would just use Mudrid in this type of situation for sp.atk realy.
    Yeah... The problem is, even if you work around this dumb passive, Osukai still has a shitton of base ATK and quite poor SPATK, so I don't really see the point.
    I've bred another one and hoped for the other passive, which I got, and Osukai just wrecks everything (even without x2). Quite a pleasure to destroy 55 Zenoreths at lvl 45.

I'm trying to level some Earth tems, as I don't want to rely exclusively on Garyo (and I don't enjoy Vulffy). Then when Earth shrine is done I'll go destroy the Water Shrine with Nessla, Babawa and a Poison/Water temtem (Platimous or Kalabyss) I guess. I don't think this one will be really complicated.

Talking about Shrines, if you breed a Tuvine, what do you get ? Tuwai ? Or Tuvine ? Got really unlucky with Tuwai spawns so far
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2020-07-28 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    So far I'm enjoying Kisiwa quite a bit. The dialog has some actual interesting moments and weirdly relates to some of the things going on in the US at the moment. The Dojo Master kicked my ass though because he has a lot of Melee and Neutral Temtem which my team had no real answers to. Because of that I ended up catching a Hocus and evolving it into a Pocus to shore up some of my weaknesses.

Temtem is a weird game because I find myself playing it differently than Pokemon. In Pokemon I like to choose my team of 6 and then just use them throughout my journey but in Temtem, I end up swapping my team around a bit while playing.

Honestly when this game is completed I think it could go down as one of the best Pokemon/Pokemon-like games ever. The story is more engaging so far than any Pokemon game and the combat has a difficulty and depth to it that Pokemon honestly never has. Plus, the MMO features are really cool as well. I can't get over how embarassing this is for Game Freak. An indie team with kickstarted money just swooped in and is currently making Game Freak look like fools.
    The game could be the 2nd coming of Christ, it will never dethrone pokemon. Most of the temtem look like trash anyways, the gameplay can only be so good. The dialogue is absolutely dreadful, I don't know why you think it's any better than pokemon.

The only thing the game has on pokemon is that it actually requires some level of brain power and has potential to expand without needing to buy another console.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The game could be the 2nd coming of Christ, it will never dethrone pokemon. Most of the temtem look like trash anyways, the gameplay can only be so good. The dialogue is absolutely dreadful, I don't know why you think it's any better than pokemon.

The only thing the game has on pokemon is that it actually requires some level of brain power and has potential to expand without needing to buy another console.
    Who said anything about dethroning Pokemon? I'm not even going to bother addressing the rest of what you said because it's so incredibly subjective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Who said anything about dethroning Pokemon? I'm not even going to bother addressing the rest of what you said because it's so incredibly subjective.
    Pokemon has pretty much a monopoly on creature capture franchise and it will take quite a few years of bad games for people to give up on it.
    However them having a competition is good as it generaly improves a product. However Temtem is not big enogh yet to be a threat for them to inovate.

Temtem does have a good way to generate money from not just the game, but plushies.