Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, I mean.. it's true.
    Yes. Having a black/white world view, judging an entire population can't ever go wrong!

Awfully written, sure. What makes them bad people, though?
    They have no redeeming qualities whatsoever and anything they do make me so angry I wish I could punch my screen. WC3, WC3:TFT, entire World of Warcraft. I have 4 capped Night Elves. I am not hating on Night Elves; it's Tyrande.

That's where the raiding scene is

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Yes. Having a black/white world view, judging an entire population can't ever go wrong!
    Seems to have worked out for the Horde so far.

They have no redeeming qualities whatsoever and anything they do make me so angry I wish I could punch my screen. WC3, WC3:TFT, entire World of Warcraft. I have 4 capped Night Elves. I am not hating on Night Elves; it's Tyrande.
    Sounds like a personal problem you might want to tackle. I dislike listening to the Banshee Queen smugly monologuing about how much of a genius she is and how beneath her everybody else is with that nasally voice for the five millionth time, but I've never had the urge to punch anything.

What did Tyrande do wrong? Don't tell me your reason is her not being very fond of the Horde after they burned her people to cinders or I'm going to laugh at you.

I play horde because sets looks much better on them than on alliance races.

One Faction constantly commits genocide, one does fight against genocidal armies. This makes the Horde clearly evil.

And how is Tyrande a worse person than every Horde Character who are canonically proven to support genocide?

I play horde caaaaause:

a) Horde was my preferred race/side/faction during WC, WC2, WC3 (showing my age)
    b) They look hella awesome
    c) Bigger population for bigger pools of pvp, pve
    d) I played alliance for 1.5 expansions and I can say anecdotally there was a difference in the amounts of quality players (alliance just didn't seem to push as hard M+ for example)
    e) Just makes me happy to be on the horde side (races, cities, story)

Played horde since vanilla, always preferred the aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    One Faction constantly commits genocide, one does fight against genocidal armies. This makes the Horde clearly evil.

And how is Tyrande a worse person than every Horde Character who are canonically proven to support genocide?
    Seems to have worked out for the Horde so far.

Sounds like a personal problem you might want to tackle. I dislike listening to the Banshee Queen smugly monologuing about how much of a genius she is and how beneath her everybody else is with that nasally voice for the five millionth time, but I've never had the urge to punch anything.

What did Tyrande do wrong? Don't tell me your reason is her not being very fond of the Horde after they burned her people to cinders or I'm going to laugh at you.
    Clearly I stumbled into somewhere where having blinders was a necessity and I forgot to wear mine.

Take a step back and take a good look at yourself. In no way am I a Horde apologist, but you two coming here with what-aboutism does tell a telling story.

Clearly I stumbled into somewhere where having blinders was a necessity and I forgot to wear mine.

Take a step back and take a good look at yourself. In no way am I a Horde apologist, but you two coming here with what-aboutism does tell a telling story.
    You didn't really respond to me, but that's okay. It's practically an answer in and of itself.

Horde has way larger population. If you want to do end game seriously, you pretty much need to go horde. On aliance, its all harder. Finding groups, guilds, replacing ppl, pvp arena, rbgs etc. Id rather play aliance despite the fact that I need to deal with these small smelly sh*tters called gnomes, but horde just offers you so much more because of the big community.

3+ Year Old Account
    Better lore, amazing aesthetics, more varied and distinguised classes and they don't have gnomes.

I really like to play with orcs since warcraft orcs & humans.
    Any fantasy that have multiple races to chose i never chose Human (or Elf).

Also i like to burn things.

What what-aboutism? I just mentioned that the Horde has commited genocide multiple times. The Alliance has not.

Aesthetics. As as many others have mentioned, I hate the "royal" atmosphere of the Alliance. The Horde stand up for what they believe in, as we've seen throughout the history of Warcraft. Anyone who opposes the Alliance within the alliance, gets cast off. The alliance, and yes, I've played at least one toon every expac just to see their side of the story, are pansies. 100%.

BFA might have been some of the worst story for the Alliance, as they attack the Zandalari for almost zero reasons. Just because the Horde helped them, they attack them and kill their King? They had not sided with the Horde yet up until that point. So when you really look at things, the Alliance was just as bad as Sylvvie in regard to Teldrassil.

Not to mention, Trolls were the first race on Azeroth ( from what we know ), and are still the best race. If it can't be troll, I don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing horde made it easier to access higher level raiding. And the mythic plus pool is pretty large. that said, it was actually easier to increase my M+ rating as alliance, so I used my alliance hunter to hit 2500io, and so horde groups see that my main is 2500 and my alt was 1750.. so I got invited more. Now I have several characters over 2k. Good, balanced times.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Cause Undead THAT IS WHY and also the rest of the cool races are there.

Truth is population started slowly but surely switching towards Horde since Cataclysm due to OP Horde racials and after that it's a domino effect. It doesn't matter that Horde racials got nerfed later or Alliance racials got buffed, by Legion 80% of population of mythic raiders was already Horde across most regions except Australia and China, and most m+ competitive players joined Horde too for OP Blood Elf racial. When BFA launched Alliance was basically dead and buried with non existent competitive scene. Every day more and more guilds are switching to Horde.

So you have to choose, do you wanna play your cute Nelf race, or do you wanna actually have groups for high m+ and guilds for mythic raiding. The only people who can afford to choose the former are people who don't participate in any competitive activities, so they don't care. So we have the state of the Alliance as home to turbo casuals and RPers in Goldshire. And nothing will even improve, because Blizzard loves the free $$$ from faction change fees. It will only get worse.

So the answer to OP's question is: first it was overpowered racials, and then it was because all the competitive players swapped to Horde so there was nobody to group with on Alliance, in a game where endgame relies on grouping.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyvamp View Post
    Cause Undead THAT IS WHY and also the rest of the cool races are there.
    Which are not that much played compared to Blood Elves.

5+ Year Old Account
    People : "Horde has so much diversity and cool looking races!!!"
    Yet same players in statistic : 70% of Horde is human looking Blood Elfs.

(that not even mana-addicted or fel-tainted anymore, and forgot that undead zombies almost drew them out of existence not long ago ...... yet its okay to be with Horde that goes at war each 2 years for no reason maybe for sport to see how many gonna survive this time )
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.