Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Give us the ability to swap classes on the fly.

As we have seen with cov's, racials, and talents that customization is a bad thing in a MMo. We should be able to swap classes on the fly. Like I should be able to be a rogue for M+ but a firemage in raid without having to level up new characters.

Also blizzard stop with the different stats on gear. Just have Ilevel be the universal stat that makes you have a flat increase in damage done. Its pretty simple blizzard, why haven't you done this yet? If I want to play the must optimally for any situation you should give me the freedom to, like Preach says.

Magnificent strawman. Not sure if it's worth opening a thread for, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    God gave you the ability to switch games on the fly. You should take advantage of that capability.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Magnificent strawman. Not sure if it's worth opening a thread for, though.
    Its not a strawman. FFXIV Realizes that? And they let their players swap classes on the fly. Honestly people getting denied in pugs for their class is also garbage and it causes players to make assumptions about other players

They should take it a step further. If you want to identify as a Mythic raider, all you need to do is add "Mythic raider" to your Twitter bio and you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by phenomenal256 View Post
    As we have seen with cov's, racials, and talents that customization is a bad thing in a MMo. We should be able to swap classes on the fly. Like I should be able to be a rogue for M+ but a firemage in raid without having to level up new characters.

Also blizzard stop with the different stats on gear. Just have Ilevel be the universal stat that makes you have a flat increase in damage done. Its pretty simple blizzard, why haven't you done this yet? If I want to play the must optimally for any situation you should give me the freedom to, like Preach says.
    You really needed a burner account for this? Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    They should take it a step further. If you want to identify as a Mythic raider, all you need to do is add "Mythic raider" to your Twitter bio and you're good to go.
    That's too far. We should still be able to have separate difficulties to act as sort of a caste system in the game. If you are a Mythic raider? You are like a Brahma and have a lot of influence in how the game is designed and blizzard needs to start respecting their opinions more. They made sacrifices to their personal lives, their financial lives in a lot of cases to play Blizzard's games. So Blizzard should respect them and their input after the millions of hours they have spent on the game

7+ Year Old Account
    So many burner accounts with retarded ideas lately, must be the season.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I absolutely agree.

I would also unify every single armor type, so there is only one time of "armor" instead of four.
    I would also make raids scale you up so you could solo raids and get all the loot yourself. And since you can wear everything you are guaranteed upgrades all the time.
    I would also make every single dps able to heal. Very simply: when you use your ability on an ally it heals, on enemies it damages.

This all would encourage customization on a whole different level.
    Would it destroy the core foundation of the game? No, you are a bigot and your opinion doesn't matter cuz I am god.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I absolutely agree.

I would also unify every single armor type, so there is only one time of "armor" instead of four.
    I would also make raids scale you up so you could solo raids and get all the loot yourself. And since you can wear everything you are guaranteed upgrades all the time.
    I would also make every single dps able to heal. Very simply: when you use your ability on an ally it heals, on enemies it damages.

This all would encourage customization on a whole different level.
    Would it destroy the core foundation of the game? No, you are a bigot and your opinion doesn't matter cuz I am god.
    Or make it so you can wear all classes of armor. If I want to be a warrior in chainmail? I should be able to be that and not be penalized in raid

Just do like me and level 2 of every class. Then you have a full roster to choose from.

I'm down, but only if you have to level all classes individually. It works *great* in FFXIV. I wish this would be a thing TBH so I didn't *have* to play different characters, just switch classes.

PS: Being dead serious too. I would kill for this functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Just do like me and level 2 of every class. Then you have a full roster to choose from.
    Except you don't have the gear or experience on the other characters and you're never taken to anything anyway without putting in additional time *just* to show people you can play that other character.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

A meaningful choices matter approach would be interesting. You can't change your spec or talents

10+ Year Old Account

How cute, likely banned on a different account so you decided to use your burner account to post.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

I can also say the opposite. Look at me:

Lets make ALL customization options a "meaningful choice" where they are all incredibly hard to respec!

Want to respec talents?
    You have to do a castle siege of 250 VS 250 players in a 2 hour battle
    The winning side get the ability to respec ONCE

Want to change PvP talents?
    But ofcourse!
    You can change them only after 100 games of either Battlegrounds or Arenas
    You get a free token every 100 matches

Essences? Corruptions? Borrowed powers?
    You need to grind for a timegatd currency...oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    How cute, likely banned on a different account so you decided to use your burner account to post.
    Literally never posted on MMochamp before. Hard to believe but a good % of people dont use forums

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So many burner accounts with retarded ideas lately, must be the season.
    Or people are just bored. Either way, I find all the stupid posts at least mildly entertaining.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

It's already in the game , just be in a rested place and you'll be able to switch your class in the blink of an eye

Its not a strawman. FFXIV Realizes that? And they let their players swap classes on the fly. Honestly people getting denied in pugs for their class is also garbage and it causes players to make assumptions about other players
    People make assumptions and judgments about anything that anyone does.

Like this thread.

7+ Year Old Account

It's probably too late in development to get something like this in for Shadowlands, but I bet they could consider it for patch 10.0. I think this would really make the game a lot more accessible to players of all types. I don't see any downsides.