Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    5% change will change absolutely nothing in terms of Best Covenant Power to Worst Covenant Power relation, while bringing in more RNG. What a dumbass addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Because somehow, more RNG is what the game needs...

But addin up to 5% of your DPS being totally out of your control on top of all the RNG allready out of players' control is "RPG flavor".
    This isn't even close to how math works. You're ether being intentionally hyperbolic or obtuse.

Please read the blue post and the many other posts before you for the answer as to why this change will in no way, shape, or form make 'up to 5% of your DPS' be random.

OT: Many people in the thread get, it's effectively a cosmetic/flavor change. I'm all for transparency but unfortunately a dense group overreacts when even minor things are revealed. Maybe this didn't need a blue post....
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    So hypothetically Hunter One and Hunter Two, both Beast Mastery, same ilvl and pull off the same rotation on raid boss and Hunter 1 unluckily has consistent low variance over the course of the fight (average damage -5% on kill commands and cobra shots) whilst Hunter Two has average damage then the difference in outcome would be negligible between them? Methinks the logs would tell a different story.
    Just to do the statistics ... assume 100 attacks with a +/- 5% damage.. the chances of you even being +2% at the end of the fight all up... statistically zero
    same for being -2% at the end of the fight.

This is nothing more than a flavour change.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    this makes it less desirable to do any mythic raiding.
    No, it doesn't.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure I understand or even care too much about this. Interested in high end raiders opinion on this, but thats not where I am these days.

But this is the type of RNG I am fine with. RNG on gear drops pissed me off. This doesn't seem to fall in line with that so whatever, this is fine.

You basically won't notice this unless you play with damage numbers on. It's a MUCH smaller range than you get out of all the procs we've got in BFA, and even stuff going back further like the massively powerful trinket procs we used to have. It's a change specifically for people that like to cast a spell and sometimes see a big yellow number on screen. Everyone else can just ignore it.

If blizzard didn't tell you about this change, you would NEVER have noticed it. How exactly is this affecting you and even breaking mythic raiding as some claims ?

It does not matter if this is just '5% so who cares' because it is probably true. It is just small thing that will probably not change much. Crit chance luck is probably already more than that but...

WHO THE HELL ASKED FOR THIS???

This is another pointless and stupid idea that Blizzard wants to fix artificial problems that do not exist.
    Meanwhile corruptions can literally one shot people on arenas, raids can be done with tanks only and this seems to be fine for them.
    What is the reason for this? Who thought that this is perfect idea?
    Ion agreed with Preach that all of these calculations are the main reason of in-game lag... and now they want to add another multiplier, LOL.

If they are back peddling on spell damage range, can we get weapon normalization removed, can we get attack speed differences on weapons again? This way dual wield, single, and 2h will all play differently again.

I get this change, but it's not enough, unroll all the "normalization" or leave it alone. We've either moved on or we haven't.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...how?

It's a mere 5% variance, over a long fight. It's going to average out, and be as if no variance was there to begin with.

You guys are making a mountain out of a molehill.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Because somehow, more RNG is what the game needs...

But addin up to 5% of your DPS being totally out of your control on top of all the RNG allready out of players' control is "RPG flavor".
    Firstly, how do come up with 5%?
    Secondly, do you have any clue about stochastic processes? I'm asking, because it is pretty apparent that you do not.

if all your attacks does between 100-105 damage you will never have one doing 100 damage for 1000 attacks and one doing 105 for 1000 attacks

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I frankly never noticed. Our characters are riddled with random procs, buffs and debuffs that I don't think Ive hit for the same number twice in a row in the last couple of years.
    Probably became very noticeable on PTR once they took away most of our procs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    ...how?

It's a mere 5% variance, over a long fight. It's going to average out, and be as if no variance was there to begin with.

You guys are making a mountain out of a molehill.
    If half ur raid does 3-5% less dmg, that means a potential kill is a wipe, just cause Ion felt we needed some more RNG.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    if all your attacks does between 100-105 damage you will never have one doing 100 damage for 1000 attacks and one doing 105 for 1000 attacks
    Technically you don't need 1000 attacks to deal 105 damage to get a huge variance. You just have to get a short string during your burst window to have supremely good or bad luck. How much classes will swing will be proportional with the factor of a set of cooldowns stacked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If half ur raid does 3-5% less dmg, that means a potential kill is a wipe, just cause Ion felt we needed some more RNG.
    Also means a 1% wipe will feel uplifting because it'll be totally doable if RNG is just slightly more on your side.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that your raid could also do 5% more damage and you could kill a boss that you wouldn't have killed otherwise? It works both ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to average out over a long fight. And you are forgetting that it might just as well as be an increase in damage.

And it's us returning to the RNG we've already had before.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

So hypothetically Hunter One and Hunter Two, both Beast Mastery, same ilvl and pull off the same rotation on raid boss and Hunter 1 unluckily has consistent low variance over the course of the fight (average damage -5% on kill commands and cobra shots) whilst Hunter Two has average damage then the difference in outcome would be negligible between them? Methinks the logs would tell a different story.
    I don't think you play beast mastery if you think this doesn't already happen with the current setup.

And its really not as big of a swing as most people want to make it out to be.

What you will see over the course of a fight is player one does 10,002 dps and player 2 will do 9997. Next time around its just as likely to flip.

It's such a small thing that I don't even recall them making the change to begin with. If it keeps you from getting a boss down you were running on hope and a prayer to start with.

This would only happen in like 1 in a trillion pulls. You seem to not understand what variance is.

- - - Updated - - -

Because...???