Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s local news and has little to do with Faux News. And the protests have been overwhelmingly peaceful. You really need to educate yourself, as evidenced by the rest of the thread’s responses to you not knowing history.
    In Coolthulhu world, one day 11 million people died in concentrations camps. Totally not a rapid though methodical change in laws and such over several years, nope that didn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s local news and has little to do with Faux News. And the protests have been overwhelmingly peaceful. You really need to educate yourself, as evidenced by the rest of the thread’s responses to you not knowing history.
    And I mean I deliberately picked out Faux News to forestall the obvious "Lamestream Media" deflections at any recorded instance of police brutality, as bootlickers are wont to do. Like we aren't nearly 500 pages on in a thread of videos and articles full of said recorded instances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Armed men with covered faces in tactical gear rush up to you. They have no identifying insignia to let you know who they are, refuse to tell you who they are or who they work for, or why they're approaching you. They grab you, zip-tie your hands (or hold them behind your back), and march you to an unmarked van.

Who are these people if not the "secret police"?
    In which context? Is there actual proof they arrested people who were doing nothing wrong? No stone-throwing, no setting cars on fire, no looting, no massive violations of anti-COVID measures? If so, they people, possibly police (contractors are a thing too, if they had zero IDs they could've been private contractors, which doesn't excuse them, but still) abusing their power. Hardly "secret" if everyone witnessed it and seems to well informed about it though, wouldn't you agree?

And how is it weird for them to combine forces as the protests grow both in number and violence? See, you can make all the Gestapo comparisons you want, but they won't look good when the hysteria is gone. They'll look like conspiracy theories. Besides, if this is so evident, we'd know. European media have always been keeningly observing the US' internal matters, even more so ever since the I Can't Breathe protests started. Guess what... there are no Nazi alarms going off in Europe. Only on internet forums and Twitter. Everything else, the way the US can't handle the pandemic &c., it's all there. Trump's ridiculous Tweets, everything gets covered extensively. But again - no Gestapo. No Nazis. Not even self-styled communist (European communist, not watered-down American "communist") papers that date back to the post WWII great divide have gone so far as to say that the US turned Nazi overnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    I'm totally chill, I just find the processes of how new uses for words are created, and this is a rather surreal one. As to why they wear that camo thing, I don't know, though I doubt it's out of a shared hive-minded military fetish, and it's still better than nothing in urban guerrilla/combat contexts.

See above for the first question. As to the other point, I could ask you in return if you really think that them being in a military uniform instead of a police one would make that much of a difference. I think that's even more futile to discuss how they're dressed than the terminology. Or perhaps not - anti-riot police uniforms are scarier than military ones. They're designed to be scary in order to disperse the crowds. I've been charged once (by accident I might add, I exited from the wrong subway exit and found myself getting charged), the whole "black wall of doom marching towards you" and banging on their shields is really scary. So yeah, the more I think seriously of it, the more I'm convinced that riot control uniforms are more intimidating than guys in camo w/o shields to bang on.
    It is and that is the point of the tweet. You are totally lost it seems to me in this subject. The police since this has begun and before have a heavy military presence on their force. From the gear they wear, to weapons and vehicles. Police forces have been arming and actually been given military hardware since 9/11. It seems they are of the motto "use it or lose it", since most have demonstrated an over zealous use of strong arm tactics.

So yeah, if you don't get that police are not here as a military occupying force and a civil branch that is suppose to help the community and defuse situations instead of escalating them, then I can't help you.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    In which context? Is there actual proof they arrested people who were doing nothing wrong? No stone-throwing, no setting cars on fire, no looting, no massive violations of anti-COVID measures? If so, they people, possibly police (contractors are a thing too, if they had zero IDs they could've been private contractors, which doesn't excuse them, but still) abusing their power. Hardly "secret" if everyone witnessed it and seems to well informed about it though, wouldn't you agree?

And how is it weird for them to combine forces as the protests grow both in number and violence? See, you can make all the Gestapo comparisons you want, but they won't look good when the hysteria is gone. They'll look like conspiracy theories. Besides, if this is so evident, we'd know. European media have always been keeningly observing the US' internal matters, even more so ever since the I Can't Breathe protests started. Guess what... there are no Nazi alarms going off in Europe. Only on internet forums and Twitter. Everything else, the way the US can't handle the pandemic &c., it's all there. Trump's ridiculous Tweets, everything gets covered extensively. But again - no Gestapo. No Nazis. Not even self-styled communist (European communist, not watered-down American "communist") papers that date back to the post WWII great divide have gone so far as to say that the US turned Nazi overnight.
    Grats, you've successfully identified that people living in until what were very recently mostly homogenous ethnostates have a hard time grappling with the idea of racial animus and systemic racism in one of their former colonies. More at 11.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account

Here's a play by play using their own words.

https://twitter.com/andrewmcrespo/st...004482561?s=12
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    History lessons are in order? That's hilarious, I take it you decided to ignore history. You decided to ignore the political landscape, and the laws, and the movement of all the pieces that culminated in the ultimate evil.

In portland, we have a mishmash of various security agencies from the fed. all merged together into a single paramilitary under the direction of 1-2 people... did you skip this bit?

It did not answer to judicial oversight. that was a major component. Tell me WHO THE FUCK IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OVERSIGHT of this paramilitary? Because it isn't Congress, it's some fucking guy appointed by some other guy.

So we have a force of secret police being wielded by 1-2 people with the president directing them to invade cities that are democrat and he doesn't like because they do not align with republican values.

So our paramilitary is kidnapping people off the streets, not arresting them for anything.. and detaining them... because... of wrong think and their loss told them to. And trump says it is to protect Portland where the citizens and mayor want them out.

Tell me do you consider the lead up to the formation or action to be part of the thing or not?

Because this is the lead up to it
    ederal

Not that I agree with what they are doing but they are federal officers protecting federal buildings.

US didn't turn nazi, they were already nazi. In writing the Nuremberg Laws, Nazi officials looked to the legacy of Reconstruction-era control

Many of the laws of nazi Germany were directly inspired by Jim Crow laws which Hitler was impressed with and just made them more harsh...

When Hitler praised American restrictions on naturalization, he had in mind the Immigration Act of 1924, which imposed national quotas and barred most Asian people altogether. For Nazi observers, this was evidence that America was evolving in the right direction, despite its specious rhetoric about equality. The Immigration Act, too, played a facilitating role in the Holocaust, because the quotas prevented thousands of Jews, including Anne Frank and her family, from reaching America. In 1938, President Roosevelt called for an international conference on the plight of European refugees; this was held in Évian-les-Bains, France, but no substantive change resulted. The German Foreign Office, in a sardonic reply, found it “astounding” that other countries would decry Germany’s treatment of Jews and then decline to admit them.
    Jim Crow laws in the American South served as a precedent in a stricter legal sense. Scholars have long been aware that Hitler’s regime expressed admiration for American race law, but they have tended to see this as a public-relations strategy—an “everybody does it” justification for Nazi policies.
    To read Hitler’s American Model is to be forced to engage with the stubborn fact that during the 1933–45 period of the Third Reich, roughly half of the Democratic Party’s members in Congress represented Jim Crow states, and neither major party sought to curtail the race laws so admired by German lawyers and judges.
    In the early 20th century, the idea that interracial marriage was morally objectionable or dangerous was very widespread in the world. But the United States stood out as the creator of laws cracking down on interracial sex, interracial marriage, and their perceived danger. American willingness to come up with these legislative schemes reflected something that we still see in the USA today—an innovative legislative energy rarely found elsewhere. To the Nazis, this approach was intriguing, even exciting.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    ederal

Not that I agree with what they are doing but they are federal officers protecting federal buildings.
    Federal buildings in the middle of areas without federal properties and far from federal properties? You know... when I was in Manhattan...I didn't see federal officers 10 blocks away from federal buildings chilling in chinatown trying to check bags before they entered federal grounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Here's a play by play using their own words.

https://twitter.com/andrewmcrespo/st...004482561?s=12

Those are fake words.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’d like to remind all Americans that unless you vote to remove this asshole come November you are standing on the sidelines of history saying, “I don’t mind 4 more years of Trump.” You’re going to be forced to endure 4 years of either Biden or Trump. Saying you won’t vote for either means you think either is equally acceptable for the next 4 years. I’d prefer we vote against this fascist science denier, but that’s just my opinion.
    Ye'd best start believin' in the fall of democracies, Miss Turner. Yer in one.

In which context? Is there actual proof they arrested people who were doing nothing wrong?
    What a person did, wrong or not, is irrelevant when they're being kidnapped by people who do not identify themselves as federal agents, have no identifying insignia (a "Police" patch is not identifying, you can buy those anywhere), and throw you into an unmarked rental van.

No stone-throwing, no setting cars on fire, no looting, no massive violations of anti-COVID measures?
    Stone throwing does not justify armed goons throwing you into an unmarked van.
    The cars set on fire that I'm aware of (following the Gestapo showing up) were city police cars, that's not for the feds to handle.
    Similarly, any looting would be for local law enforcement to handle unless it was from a federal building.
    There are no penalties for "violating covid measures", because there are no federally mandated covid measures.

Did you just type a bunch of shit that sounded good without even considering whether any of it applied?

If so, they people, possibly police (contractors are a thing too, if they had zero IDs they could've been private contractors, which doesn't excuse them, but still) abusing their power. Hardly "secret" if everyone witnessed it and seems to well informed about it though, wouldn't you agree?
    Literally nobody knew who they were initially. That's pretty much the definition of a secret police. And the private contractor bit is beyond irrelevant.

And how is it weird for them to combine forces as the protests grow both in number and violence?
    Again, the protests were dying down. Until the Gestapo showed up and escalated the fuck outta things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Not that I agree with what they are doing
    No need to pretend.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Grats, you've successfully identified that people living in until what were very recently mostly homogenous ethnostates have a hard time grappling with the idea of racial animus and systemic racism in one of their former colonies. More at 11.
    This is the cherry on top out of all the posts, even better than getting called a bootlicker (talk about poor imagination and seeing things black & white) by a medical-badge toting guy who literally said that virions are not a thing despite being so hell-bent (and rightly so, ironically) at stating how the US failed at dealing with the pandemic. At least some other posts had a modicum of coherence to them (if a bit paranoid in my opinion; I'd be willing to bet nothing will actually change towards actual fascism, not overnight nor over months, even if instances of what could be described as fascist or at the very least murky and worrying behavior are being reported - but again, thus far only from the very polarized, hysterical-due-to-mishandled-pandemic US). But Europe being described as "mostly homogenous ethnostates having a hard time grappling with the idea of racial animus and systemic racism in one of their former colonies" is just too much, and no, the "until very recently" does nothing to ameliorate such an outlandish statement. I'll relay it an ex-CCCS friend of mine and see if he manages to keep a straight face whilst reading it.

Not gonna address the others now because it's getting late here, and probably never will because it's a bunch of "study history, if you can't see what I see I can't help you" and such, almost all of which sound very paranoid to me - though maybe I'll poke some fun at this supposed invisible fascist threat in some months, when it'll be clear it never coalesced into reality. Hopefully Trump will be gone by then, too; that'll do both the world a favor objectively and perhaps more importantly subjectively heal the collective unconscious of those who see omens of Nazism loom ever closer.
    Last edited by Coolthulhu; 2020-07-23 at 12:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the cherry on top out of all the posts, even better than getting called a bootlicker (talk about poor imagination and seeing things black & white) by a medical-badge toting guy who literally said that virions are not a thing despite being so hell-bent (and rightly so, ironically) at stating how the US failed at dealing with the pandemic. At least some other posts had a modicum of coherence to them (if a bit paranoid in my opinion; I'd be willing to bet nothing will actually change towards actual fascism, not overnight nor over months, even if instances of what could be described as fascist or at the very least murky and worrying behavior are being reported - but again, thus far only from the very polarized, hysterical-due-to-mishandled-pandemic US). But Europe being described as "mostly homogenous ethnostates having a hard time grappling with the idea of racial animus and systemic racism in one of their former colonies" is just too much, and no, the "until very recently" does nothing to ameliorate such an outlandish statement. I'll relay it an ex-CCCS friend of mine and see if he manages to keep a straight face whilst reading it.

Not gonna address the others now because it's getting late here, and probably never will because it's a bunch of "study history, if you can't see what I see I can't help you" and such, almost all of which sound very paranoid to me - though maybe I'll poke some fun at this supposed invisible fascist threat in some months, when it'll be clear it never coalesced into reality. Hopefully Trump will be gone by then, too; that'll do both the world a favor objectively and perhaps more importantly subjectively heal the collective unconscious of those who see omens of Nazism loom ever closer.
    That's an awfully verbose way of saying you aren't going to bother refuting it, don't mince words hun.

I’d like to remind all Americans that unless you vote to remove this asshole come November you are standing on the sidelines of history saying, “I don’t mind 4 more years of Trump.” You’re going to be forced to endure 4 years of either Biden or Trump. Saying you won’t vote for either means you think either is equally acceptable for the next 4 years. I’d prefer we vote against this fascist science denier, but that’s just my opinion.
    Agreed. Einstein also agreed said something about the world being destroyed because of people on the sidelines doing nothing against evil. I consider them worse then the Trumpsters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Agreed. Einstein also agreed said something about the world being destroyed because of people on the sidelines doing nothing against evil. I consider them worse then the Trumpsters.
    There won't be just 4 more years of Trump though. If he "wins" (whether by cheating or by not enough people voting), there will not be another election. The US will formally be a dictatorship the instant he "wins". So if he does it will be a Putin type situation where he is there for the rest of his life, and passes it along to his kids or whoever. If that happens it will be time to get asylum in a democratic country.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    There won't be just 4 more years of Trump though. If he "wins" (whether by cheating or by not enough people voting), there will not be another election. The US will formally be a dictatorship the instant he "wins". So if he does it will be a Putin type situation where he is there for the rest of his life, and passes it along to his kids or whoever. If that happens it will be time to get asylum in a democratic country.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...0fb_story.html

And if he does win a second term, legitimately or not, his words and actions of the past four years provide 12 indicators that he would seek to replace our democracy with a fascist dictatorship.
    1. Trump uses military power and federal law enforcement to suppress peaceful political protest. In June, he deployed the National Guard and federal officers to violently evict protesters in Washington, terrorizing them with two military helicopters flying low near the crowd. Trump also had 1,600 members of the 82nd Airborne on standby outside the capital and readied tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition. It’s reported that he wanted to deploy 10,000 troops to Washington alone. Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, took this so seriously that he got into a shouting match with the president over the prospect of deploying active-duty troops on U.S. soil.

2. Trump persistently lies about voter fraud, setting the stage for him to use emergency powers to seize control of the election or challenge the results if he loses.
    During a recent special election in California, for example, after a Republican mayor requested the opening of an additional polling station, Trump tweeted falsely that the Democrats “have just opened a voting booth in the most Democrat area in the State. They are trying to steal another election. It’s all rigged out there. These votes must not count. SCAM!” Trump has repeatedly tweeted that mail-in voting will lead to fraudulent and rigged elections. After winning the 2016 presidential election while losing the popular vote, he claimed a landslide victory and said that Hillary Clinton’s lead in the popular vote was due to “millions of people who voted illegally.”

3. Trump has repeatedly suggested that he might remain in office after a second term and has offered reason to doubt he’d leave peacefully after this first term.
    “Under the normal rules, I’ll be out in 2024, so we may have to go for an extra term,” he said at a rally last September. A year earlier, he remarked, “President for life . . . maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday.” It’s a joke he’s tossed off on several occasions, and the power of suggestion is so strong in Trump and his followers that Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi and former Trump attorney Michael Cohen have all expressed serious concern that Trump may try to steal the election or contest the results, and not leave the White House if he loses.

4. Trump appears to believe he has the power to outlaw speech critical of him, and he calls the free press “the enemy of the people.” He tweeted of the New York Times and The Washington Post: “They are both a disgrace to our Country, the Enemy of the People.” Former national security adviser John Bolton, in his new book, claims that Trump said of journalists: “These people should be executed. They are scumbags.”

5. With Fox News promoting Trump’s lies as truth, the president controls one of the most powerful p ropaganda machines ever created. During the impeachment trial, for example,Fox hosts repeatedly attacked the character and mental faculties of Democratic representatives and sworn witnesses, while focusing almost exclusively on the testimony of pro-Trump Republicans. When it did show footage of Democrats and witnesses, the network frequently used voice-overs to explain or interpret what was being said, rather than broadcasting what was actually being said.

6. Trump believes that he has the power to do what he wants, regardless of Congress or the courts. “I have an Article II, where I have the right to do whatever I want as president,” he has said. He has also claimed to have the “absolute right to do what I want to do with the Justice Department” and, in the event the judiciary branch disagreed, “the absolute right to PARDON myself.” His attorney general, William Barr, and his own lawyers have made clear that this is the administration’s position as they have rejected both congressional and criminal subpoenas for information during the past few years. Their arguments — including an assertion to a federal appellate court last October that the president could shoot someone in the middle of New York’s Fifth Avenue and still be immune from prosecution until he left office — came crashing down with a Supreme Court decision Thursday. “We cannot conclude that absolute immunity is necessary or appropriate under Article II or the Supremacy Clause,” Chief Justice John Roberts wrote.

7. Trump acts as if he owns our government and can fire any official who defends the law. He has dismissed an FBI director and a deputy FBI director, as well as five inspectors general and U.S. attorneys, all of whom were investigating or considering either his abuse of power or the alleged crimes of his cronies. This past week, Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who served as a national security aide at the White House until earlier this year and was up for a promotion, resigned from the military, citing “bullying, intimidation, and retaliation” after he testified under oath to Congress counter to Trump’s interests.

8. Trump uses federal prosecutorial powers to investigate his opponents and anyone who dares scrutinize him or his allies for the many crimes they may have committed. After the Mueller investigation of Russia’s role in the 2016 election, Trump’s Justice Department began a criminal probe into the origins of the inquiry — to, in Trump’s words, “investigate the investigators.” He tried to get the Justice Department to prosecute former FBI director James Comey and Hillary Clinton.

9. Trump viciously attacks his critics and has publicly implied that the Ukraine whistleblower should be hanged for treason. During a speech to diplomatic staffers in New York last September, Trump said: “I want to know who’s the person who gave the whistleblower the information? Because that’s close to a spy. You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart? Right? The spies and treason, we used to handle it a little differently than we do now.”

10. Trump has messianic delusions that are supported with religious fervor by millions of his supporters. He has “jokingly” looked up to the sky and said, “I am the chosen one” in relation to negotiations with China. Then-Energy Secretary Rick Perry echoed other evangelicals who’ve said that Trump was sent by God to do great things when he seriously proclaimed that Trump is the “chosen one.” A Guardian report described the evangelical response to Trump’s photo op in front of Lafayette Square’s St. John’s Episcopal Church, which many viewed positively: One evangelical supporter was so moved that she began speaking in tongues when she saw the footage, according to her son.

11. Trump subscribes to a doctrine of genetic superiority and incites racial hatred to scapegoat immigrants and gain power. He has rallied his base with dog-whistle attacks, calling Mexicans rapists and criminals. When he attacked a group of progressive members of Congress from diverse backgrounds, he stated that they should go back to the places they came from. Over the years Trump has frequently praised his “winning” genes, at one point telling an interviewer, “I’m proud to have that German blood — there’s no question about it.”

12. Trump finds common ground with the world’s most ruthless dictators while denigrating America’s democratic allies. The oppressive leaders he has praised include North Korea’s Kim Jong Un (“He gets it. He totally gets it”); the Philippines’s Rodrigo Duterte (“What a great job you are doing”); Saudi Arabia’s Mohammed bin Salman (“You have done a spectacular job”); and, of course, Russia’s Vladimir Putin (“You know what? Putin’s fine. He’s fine”). Meanwhile, he has attacked traditional U.S. alliances and allies, like NATO and Germany’s Angela Merkel (“Stupid”).
    Just so we have some context and people can't be like "you're just being hyperbolic"
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-07-23 at 01:54 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...0fb_story.html

Just so we have some context and people can't be like "you're just being hyperbolic"
    Oh yeah, I'm definitely not being hyperbolic. I actually called this a couple of years ago, and people said I was being hyperbolic then. "But what about our checks and balances?" Oh yeah, those things that don't exist.

If Trump and the Nazis somehow "win" in November (they WILL try everything possible, including openly cheating, and sending armed goons to the polls to arrest "liberals"), then the US is a fascist dictatorship, and Trump will pull out all the stops. And if that happens, he will make Hitler look like Mother Teresa before it is over. The only thing standing in between him and nukes will be the military...at that point, a military coup is the best thing we could hope for, with revolution being the second. Either way, if he is actually able to get control of nukes (which I admit is unlikely, the military would probably coup before that would happen), the whole world is fucked, because he will start tossing them left and right at any place that displeases him, including US cities. He's not smart enough to know that nukes affect everyone and not just the places they are targeted.

I have always maintained that Trump is WAY WAY WAY worse than Hitler, and the only reason he hasn't (yet) done the things Hitler did, or worse, is because he doesn't (yet) have the power to do it. But he's VERY rapidly gaining the power (this year has been fucking scary, we've advanced into 1940 Germany - we have active concentration camps, and they are actively gassing people). Hitler at least cared about Germany before he went insane near the end. Trump doesn't give a rat's ass about the US.

As for the Gestapo patrolling the streets, let's stop calling them "federal officials" or "police" or "troops" or anything that dignifies them. They are PMC's. Basically, mercenaries/military cosplayers. Because Trump can't (yet) get the actual military to do anything like that. I keep having to put "yet" disclaimers almost everywhere.

If the Democrats are actually able to win (it will be in the face of MASSIVE cheating) and turn things around, that will not be the end of it. I don't think things could ever truly go back to normal until we have our own Nuremberg trials. Open up the ICC (not Icecrown Citadel, though I think it would be great if we could send them there), and EVERY Republican that enabled Trump, or voted to acquit, needs to be tried. Being jailed would be fine for most of them, the worst of them (Barr, Trump, Moscow Mitch) need to face crimes against humanity charges.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2020-07-23 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    I have always maintained that Trump is WAY WAY WAY worse than Hitler, and the only reason he hasn't (yet) done the things Hitler did, or worse, is because he doesn't (yet) have the power to do it. But he's VERY rapidly gaining the power (this year has been fucking scary, we've advanced into 1940 Germany - we have active concentration camps, and they are actively gassing people). Hitler at least cared about Germany before he went insane near the end. Trump doesn't give a rat's ass about the US...
    Please revise what you wrote here. You are comparing using tear gas against protestors to killing millions of people in specific build camps. That is not remotely the same.
    I get it Trump is a dangerous person for America and in part for the world. But he is in no part "WAY WAY WAY worse than Hitler". These comparisons alienate a good portion of people you try to reach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoeSzyslak View Post
    These comparisons alienate a good portion of people you try to reach.
    The less obvious angle, but very condemning of those assertions... Trump is 74... if he is worse than Hitler, because he is rapidly gaining power. How much time does he even have to gain the power and then express it to become greater than Hitler. On his McDonald’s diet? It doesn’t work, unless Trump isn’t human... brb... checking for zippers in Trump photos...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The less obvious angle, but very condemning of those assertions... Trump is 74... if he is worse than Hitler, because he is rapidly gaining power. How much time does he even have to gain the power and then express it to become greater than Hitler. On his McDonald’s diet? It doesn’t work, unless Trump isn’t human... brb... checking for zippers in Trump photos...
    Hopefully not much. But we'll see. Like I said, the only thing keeping him from being worse than Hitler is not *quite* having the power Hitler did when he did the things he did. He would be ordering air strikes on "liberal" cities if he had the power to do so.