Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well, there's one thing that speaks for it's credibility: it sounds awful enough to fit the rest of the recent lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

His sister’s, friends, brothers, dog walkers, cat watchers, uncles, mailman’s, sons, pen pals, father who had just informed him. I got good sources on that too!

In all seriousness, Arthas has to show up at one point will this be the way?

honestly not the worst fabrication (if it is). We do know all these characters are in SL with little shown of kel'thuzad and jaina roles in the xpac. Kael'thas is presumably redeemed during 9.0 sun king salvation fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I would love another naxx tbh. Just super duper easy this time, gotta keep that difficulty down. And we need more!

11.2: Naxxramas is back! As a 5-man dungeon, heroic and mythic mode excluded, only normal difficulty!

14.1.2: Naxxramas is back, again! Kel'Thuzad will now wait for you when you log in. He will deliver your selected items himself.
    Oi....cut down on the sarcasm! people might not get it!

I've always wondered how stupid people like you feel once the comments flood in laughing at how stupid & obviously fake your post is.

Wait, Kel'Thuzzad is evil???? What a revelation

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Also why would Arthas' soul even be that much big of a deal? Without the Helm of Domination and Frostmourne he is just a average fucking human.
    Im not sure "average" is the word you are looking for.

Well, yeah... i expected that to be the case. Would be wasteful not to use him given the theme of the expansion.

Also why would Arthas' soul even be that much big of a deal? Without the Helm of Domination and Frostmourne he is just a average fucking human.
    He had the helm on for way longer than bolvar and the way it's portrayed now it connects you to the shadowlands and all that. He also had his minions search azeroth for stuff, so he was probably better organized than Bolvar. Voljin becomes Loa by being touched by Rezhan, so it's not out of the question that he became special in a way. The deeds in life somehow relate to power in the shadowlands as well, that is why Bwonsamdi had such a hardon for Rastakhan's soul. It's all incredibly vague, but I would argue that someone with as much influence as the Lich King might indeed be special.

As for the thread, well it does sound somewhat plausible. I doubt some random 1 bit poster knows anything, but at least it's not completely out there.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    He had the helm on for way longer than bolvar
    Did he? AFAIR WoW started about 4 years after TFT, and WotLK was about 2 years later. Bolvar had it for a fairly similar length of time to Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Did he? AFAIR WoW started about 4 years after TFT, and WotLK was about 2 years later. Bolvar had it for a fairly similar length of time to Arthas.
    You might be right. The wowpedia timeline puts rise of the lich king at the year 22 and WoW at 25. I always figured that the whole 10 years thing ment after everything WC3 including addons, but apparently I was wrong. Well, that leaves the other points still though.

Edit: nvm, it was "4 years have passed". Lol, could have sworn it said 10 years back then.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-07-23 at 02:26 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    i would want to say this is bullshit, and there is no way this gonna happen, or, the devs are not that dumb etc, but you know? with the past records? this is actually a possibility

i can totally see since people didn't want Sylvanus redemption to help us defeat the Janitor, and since the general fanbase love the Illidan coming to help, they will just another fan favorite edgy badass character to help us and defeat the jailer and Sylvanus

in the End Arthas became the new Janitor and rule over the Maw, it matches their interviews that if Arthas is to show up they want to do something special with him, ROFL, i can totally see that.

this is SOOOOOO bad it might actually be true.

Take it with a grain of salt, but my source is good - this thread is just OP's fanfiction

I highly doubt a cinematic would be anywhere near ready for this. Also Blizzard has said a few times about Shadowlands that we will not be seeing Arthas. He's donezo.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Was a formidable Death Knight even before the Helm was on, so its also true that he saw whatever Bolvar saw as well. He had the same access to the Shadowlands.
    He was a formidable Death Knight cause he had Frostmourne.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Because he's popular.
    So is K-pop. Let BTS fight Sylvanas. We will fin regardless of the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Im not sure "average" is the word you are looking for.
    I'm pretty sure I do. Maybe average in the sense of what human heroes do, but what was his biggest accomplishment before getting his hands on frostmourne?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    As for the thread, well it does sound somewhat plausible. I doubt some random 1 bit poster knows anything, but at least it's not completely out there.
    How is it even remotely possible that in the first weeks of beta they even have the outro dialogue for the 9.1 ready? That's like half a year from release at minimum.

I'm pretty sure I do. Maybe average in the sense of what human heroes do, but what was his biggest accomplishment before getting his hands on frostmourne?
    Notice how your reply only makes sense if he suddenly becomes a human HERO? Heroes are not average humans.

I guess it isn't completely out of left field, though the cinematic sounds like some especially fake shit. Characters in WoW simply do not talk that way. Not to mention why Kael'thas would know where Arthas is.

Overall though, given a different cinematic, I could see this happen. Fits with the idea that there is one raid for each covenant.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by intothemaw View Post
    Kel'Thuzad turns evil
    Like more evil than he already is?

Source: I went to Burger King and had explosive diarrhea in their public washroom and pondered some wow ideas.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.