Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    See pictures:

SNIP PICS

So you're implying that the continuous and regular stream of funding with funny middle fingers along the years and huge growth in the last 2 years is a sign that the majority of backers are dissatisfied is that it?

Tolkien would be proud.
    You need to seriously re-evaluate how you perceive data and the positions you take based on it.

There is literally nothing whatsoever in the data that shows statistics related to what percentage of backers pledge what. It's literally coming straight out of your bum.

The images show that there is x amounts of money coming in and how it is distributed over time - that's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Classic anti-intellectualism from Mr.Anderson everyone, behold.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    You need to seriously re-evaluate how you perceive data and the positions you take based on it.

There is literally nothing whatsoever in the data that shows statistics related to what percentage of backers pledge what. It's literally coming straight out of your bum.

The images show that there is x amounts of money coming in and how it is distributed over time - that's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

All data is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Knock yourself out.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post

You are a bit wrong Mr. A's graphs only shows money coming in, not how it is distributed.

I also like how Mr. A skipped my post about funding in these troubled times, and even reposted his charts after I raised my doubts and was being very kind by only pointing out what I posted before instead of going full on WTF with a lot of what he and Kenn have been posting over the last month or so.

I know my post count is low, but that is b/c I just normally lurk on any social media, not b/c I am some burner alt account. Not going in depth as to why, but I have posted before why typing is hard for me if anyone felt like looking at my post history.

Obligatory Twitch stats growth aligned with funding growth:

The thing as well, and perhaps Anderson is not aware of this, is that lots of gaming companies have been seeing a significant rise in income this year due to people having to remain indoors and looking for additional ways to entertain themselves.

https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch...nguage=english

This year's increase is not any indication of Star Citizen becoming more popular as he likes to claim, it is just circumstances.

Edit: why does that Twitch chart only go up to the end of 2019. What's happend to the 7 months of 2020?

Chart for Sept 19 - July 20

And lets put this in persepctive. A $400 million game is getting 1667 viewers on average with 60 channels streaming the game. Is that honestly a proportionate measure of success or popularity?
    Last edited by 1001; 2020-07-23 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    The thing as well, and perhaps Anderson is not aware of this, is that lots of gaming companies have been seeing a significant rise in income this year due to people having to remain indoors and looking for additional ways to entertain themselves.

https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch...nguage=english

This year's increase is not any indication of Star Citizen becoming more popular as he likes to claim, it is just circumstances.

Edit: why does that Twitch chart only go up to the end of 2019. What's happend to the 7 months of 2020?

And lets put this in persepctive. A $400 million game is getting 1667 viewers on average with 60 channels streaming the game. Is that honestly a proportionate measure of success or popularity?
    Oh I'm quite aware of that but Star Citizen's fundinh/twitch growth started way before Covid confinements measures reached USA/EU.

New patches and new content align with performance improovements and Free Fly events contribute a lot for the increase in player engagement both on streaming platforms and youtube.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-07-23 at 12:41 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I'm quite aware of that but Star Citizen's fundinh/twitch growth started way before Covid confinements measures reached USA/EU.
    When you pour money into marketing that tends to happen, a great achievement!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The growth prior to covid was mostly focused around their gamescom/citizencon events which always tends to inflate the numbers.

New patches and new content align with performance improovements and Free Fly events contribute a lot for the increase in player engagement both on streaming platforms and youtube.
    Eww, this sounds like it was written by a marketing agent

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    When you pour money into marketing that tends to happen, a great achievement!
    Didin't quite worked out for Anthem did it?

https://www.themillennialwalk.org/po...-nathan-winnie

If all was needed for a game yo be popular was marketing and money there wouldn't be bombed games from the big publishers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didin't quite worked out for Anthem did it?
    Anthem got released and met its well-deserved fate. There's no reason to bomb SC as it's still in development. Nothing to bomb. It's not even a game yet. But there's plenty of reason to promote it - for new "investors". Money in - money out. Marketing.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Because the point of every post in every thread is to only use the information that prove you right. Anything proving you wrong has to be dismissed. I'm pretty sure MrAnderson will still link us Twitch Stats for 2019 in 2049 when SC will still be in development or something

Anthem got released and met its well-deserved fate. There's no reason to bomb SC as it's still in development. Nothing to bomb. It's not even a game yet. But there's plenty of reason to promote it - for new "investors". Money in - money out. Marketing.
    But why didn't pouring money into marketing Anthem worked then? Or for all the other games with huge marketing campaigns that failed to pick up pace?
    And do you realy think it was a well-deserved fate? All that time and money spent building and marketing a new IP just to rush it out the door? Wouldn't it be better if EA could have spared them another year or 2 and release a better game than throwing dev's under the bus?

There's no reason to bomb SC as it's still in development.
    Wonder why so many feel desperate trying to find reasons doing it. Maybe they really think they can "stop the moneyz" by shitposting year in year out. Seems to be working alright /s.

Pointing out the many lies, false theory's and fantasy doomsday preaches about a project is not promoting said project.

Most backers of any crowdfunded game in alpha stage will tell you that the game is not suitable for "gamers" consumption. If you're looking for a finished and polished experience you should stay far away from any crowdfunded game until the dev's released it officially as a "finished" product.

But If people want to support the making of a product they find interesting they are free to do what they want with their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    But why didn't pouring money into marketing Anthem worked then? Or for all the other games with huge marketing campaigns that failed to pick up pace?
    It did. Sales were high. The game sucked - no marketing can help with that. Same for al the other games. Marketing does its job by acquiring users. That is all.
    And do you realy think it was a well-deserved fate? All that time and money spent building and marketing a new IP just to rush it out the door? Wouldn't it be better if EA could have spared them another year or 2 and release a better game than throwing dev's under the bus?
    Yes, well-deserved fate. They squandered enough "another year or 2" for several complete overhauls of that game, EA did the right thing. Enough is enough when enough is enough. They released it - got feedback - and EA gave them another chance of fixing it. Solid decision right there.

Wonder why so many feel desperate trying to find reasons doing it. Maybe they really think they can "stop the moneyz" by shitposting year in year out. Seems to be working alright /s.

Pointing out the many lies, false theory's and fantasy doomsday preaches about a project is not promoting said project.

Most backers of any crowdfunded game in alpha stage will tell you that the game is not suitable for "gamers" consumption. If you're looking for a finished and polished experience you should stay far away from any crowdfunded game until the dev's released it officially as a "finished" product.

But If people want to support the making of a product they find interesting they are free to do what they want with their money.
    SC is in perpetual alpha state for how many years? People are righteously outraged. Especially the backers.
    I backed several crowdfunded games - this is the only one that's turned into a perpetual money-making alpha version with a version number above 1.0 to boot.
    This is an outrage. I don't understand why you are not feeling it.

snip
    Actually they did give backers everything that was promised in the origional kickstarter and more because it also included planet landings, the kickstarter didnt mention how many star systems that would be in the launch but chris said there would be 5-6 to start with in that interview you seem to like, a single player campaign was not in the origional kickstarter either.

SC is building a game with 600 that would take any other company 2000 plus although it may be done a little faster with 3 times more staff, so development pace is more than reasonable. SC atm is more than the equivelant of 2 games.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-07-23 at 02:27 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Actually they did give backers everything that was promised in the origional kickstarter and more because it also included planet landings, the kickstarter didnt mention how many star systems that would be in the launch but chris said there would be 5-6 to start with in that interview you seem to like, a single player campaign was not in the origional kickstarter either.
    Lol, what is this wild take.

At the end of 2015 they had hangars, Arena Commander, Murray Cup and ArcCorp. That was it.

This was not the original pitch. Are you drunk?

SC is building a game with 600 that would take any other company 2000 plus although it may be done a little faster with 3 times more staff, so development pace is more than reasonable. SC atm is more than the equivelant of 2 games.
    And here we go, You must be drunk, no one would say this if they were sober

Did you know that CIG have put almost 6 million man hours into this already, quite possibly more if they work longer than a 40 hour week.

It did. Sales were high. The game sucked - no marketing can help with that. Same for al the other games. Marketing does its job by acquiring users. That is all.

Yes, well-deserved fate. They squandered enough "another year or 2" for several complete overhauls of that game, EA did the right thing. Enough is enough when enough is enough. They released it - got feedback - and EA gave them another chance of fixing it. Solid decision right there.

SC is in perpetual alpha state for how many years? People are righteously outraged. Especially the backers.
    I backed several crowdfunded games - this is the only one that's turned into a perpetual money-making alpha version with a version number above 1.0 to boot.
    This is an outrage. I don't understand why you are not feeling it.
    So marketing gets you users/money upfront but doesn't keep getting them if the game sucks.

Which is the point the growth shown in Star Citizen's funding and player engagement charts show during all these years.

Many studios and teams work for many years in their games with publishers with less money than EA backing them and their sticking with delays. Because they see more value in releasing delayed but good games more than shareholder profits.

Star Citizen will be worked upon until the dev's feel like it and have the means to do so. Since Squadron 42 is the priority and people have Star Citizen alpha to playtest and act as live service game the company can work as they like.

As someone who plays games for fun I find the act of getting "outraged" by a video-game in development perplexing and ridiculuous so I'll assume you're overreacting due to some kind of emotional attachment.

Hint: No point in raging about things you cant control, you may think you're getting some kind of relief doing so but you're only perpetuating your grief.

Being negative, cynic, hatefull, outraged it's all an escape. Focus on knowledge, positive thinking and constructive analysis and discussion will follow.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-07-23 at 03:07 PM.

Focus on knowledge, positive thinking and constructive analysis and discussion will follow.
    Is this satire?

If there is one thing whiteknights are known for, it is the denial of knowledge, facts and constructive analysis.. There is so much evidence of that in this thread alone.

Lol, what is this wild take.

At the end of 2015 they had hangars, Arena Commander, Murray Cup and ArcCorp. That was it.

This was not the original pitch. Are you drunk?

And here we go, You must be drunk, no one would say this if they were sober

Did you know that CIG have put almost 6 million man hours into this already, quite possibly more if they work longer than a 40 hour week.
    You can fly around a star system, you can play with other ppl, you can do dog fighting, trading and mining along with missions, thats basically what they pitched in the kickstarter, they didnt say the game was going to launch with x amount of star systems although in the interview the plan was to have 5-6 to begin with so yes they gave the min requirement to be considered what the kickstarter game was.

A company with 2k plus staff would put even more man hours than SC into development so whats your point, there is companies doing the same old games and still need 6 years to develop what they have been doing for a few games already.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

You can fly around a star system, you can play with other ppl, you can do dog fighting, trading and mining along with missions, thats basically what they pitched in the kickstarter, they didnt say the game was going to launch with x amount of star systems although in the interview the plan was to have 5-6 to begin with so yes they gave the min requirement to be considered what the kickstarter game was.
    You can now in 2020 but Crobear was saying you would get everything promised in the original kickstarter by the end of 2015. Go back and look at the quote if you need to.

A company with 2k plus staff would put even more man hours than SC into development so whats your point, there is companies doing the same old games and still need 6 years to develop what they have been doing for a few games already.
    What's your point? Just because a company could put more man hours in does not mean it's ok for Star Citizen to be a flop of development progress despite putting 6 million man hours in...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Something seems really off with some of those numbers...

663,380 hours viewed in a 7 day period vs. an average viewer count across 7 days of 3,921...

Therefore the average user is watching for 169.2 (decimal rounded up) hours a week? I mean I get there's ramp up time for streams and a constant revolving door of those showing up and leaving, but that number strikes me as unusually high. To me it suggests that there's quite a few view bots in there, or in the very least quite a lot of people willing to eat, shave, shit, shower, sleep and work while leaving a stream up.
    I wouldnt be surprised if people like Mr.A and kenn might have 10+ tabs with SC streams open at all times to push the numbers