Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post
    There won't be a Gamescom. Corona. Remember?
    https://www.gamescom.de/startseite/

They are doing a digital event.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiocracyIsReal View Post
    Indeed it does and that's their new business model. Replacing content with rewards that disappear for no reason, replacing end game content with repeatable endless grind for imaginary points that increase player's power. Fail to log in - miss out on stuff.

What a disgusting company has Blizzard become.
    This isn’t at all a new business model they have always done this rather it be though collectors editions taking out content like classic naxx or selling trading cards with item codes.

Blizzard hasn’t become a disgusting company they were one since day one.

I've got all i wanted, thanks. None of these feel like Legion mage tower appearances though. I remember I levelled a rogue and warrior last minute to get all 36 appearances because I had got them for every other spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IdiocracyIsReal View Post
    Indeed it does and that's their new business model. Replacing content with rewards that disappear for no reason, replacing end game content with repeatable endless grind for imaginary points that increase player's power. Fail to log in - miss out on stuff.

What a disgusting company has Blizzard become.
    it's a business, should they not have a business model? Sometimes I question the logic of people behind their screens making such posts.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

7+ Year Old Account
    I know they've taken away things before the next expansion hits - but this is just silly and some things have no reason to suddenly disappear.

Other than long boi this seems like a benign and standard list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Alone View Post
    Forced scarcity makes you look like pieces of shit Blizzard.
    Imagine complaining about seasonal rewards being seasonal.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    AOTC mount going away makes sense. Mythic mounts dropping to 1% makes sense. Brutosaur? Fuck no. Essence title? lol who cares.
    I disagree. During BC I spent a lot of time farming my 280% flying and it wasnt until years later that it became common. In WOTLK I did the same with farming the mammoth, which was considered expensive for its time. I think you'd be harder pressed to find someone that does not have these now than someone who does.

The gold farming and acquiring these when they were current content was something extraordinary that was devalued by gold inflation and I feel preserving the extra effort of the players who do it should be rewarded. Same thing goes with gladiator mounts and the AOTC mounts and other rewards that are 'challenging' that will be devalued by currency or power inflation in the future.

There is a place for player rewards for doing old content and the 1% mount chance off end bosses, pet drops, and transmog farming and what Blizzard is doing now I believe hits a sweet spot.

TLDR; Blizzard should reward people for doing something when its current vs in 4 years, 2 expansions later, when it takes a fraction of the time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkteacup View Post
    Disagree. I enjoy earning these achievements knowing that my time spent counts for something. I would not be motivated to go for the hard ones if I knew there was always a safety net waiting at the end of an expansion.
    I don't care about the achievements, I care about the auction house mount. Just an excuse to force people to buy tokens.

Most of these are ugly as hell and not worth the grind. I only mildly care I don't have the Brutosaur but not really because I don't play enough to make 5 million gold to spend on one mount when I hardly ever even use the AH. I'm good with the Yak.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post
    There won't be a Gamescom. Corona. Remember?
    There will be virtual one and Blizzard is attending. Last few years they focused only on some e-sports there, but this time I guess they must show something, since it probably will be just stream with game trailers.

I wouldn't be surprised if shadowland mount reveals later on to be better than Brutosaur. I am pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere about it.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-07-23 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    I disagree. During BC I spent a lot of time farming my 280% flying and it wasnt until years later that it became common. In WOTLK I did the same with farming the mammoth, which was considered expensive for its time. I think you'd be harder pressed to find someone that does not have these now than someone who does.

The gold farming and acquiring these when they were current content was something extraordinary that was devalued by gold inflation and I feel preserving the extra effort of the players who do it should be rewarded. Same thing goes with gladiator mounts and the AOTC mounts and other rewards that are 'challenging' that will be devalued by currency or power inflation in the future.

There is a place for player rewards for doing old content and the 1% mount chance off end bosses, pet drops, and transmog farming and what Blizzard is doing now I believe hits a sweet spot.

TLDR; Blizzard should reward people for doing something when its current vs in 4 years, 2 expansions later, when it takes a fraction of the time and effort.
    I could see your argument (though I still disagree with it on principle) if the removal was announced from the start.

As it is, Blizzard very underhandedly announced removing a gold sink mount from the game for the very first time after introducing a lot of other, smaller gold sinks to tempt players to spend their gold, and after introducing measures to reduce passive gold intake and the value of raid consumables. By the time they announced this, it had become very hard to catch up on the gold unless you played on a high pop server or had a lot of time on your hands, and we were left with the frustration of having spent valuable currency and time on things that weren't actually going away.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one that interests me is the Jaina. Will farm it solo in 2 expansions. For the rest, none interest me enough to care about their departure.

Honestly I feel so blessed that mounts and cosmetics mean absolutely nothing to me. The amount of pressure people may experience because they "need" to have these things in their collection must be insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    get it quick before you can! disgusting FOMO design
    they know for a fact that many people are collectors, addicted or have put too much efforts in this throughout all the years. and they exploit this to keep them playing, thanks to the "fear of missing out" which hook them even more. hope one day it'll be an illegal practice.

No thank, not coming back until (maybe) SL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    The only one that interests me is the Jaina. Will farm it solo in 2 expansions. For the rest, none interest me enough to care about their departure.
    Just join a farm group right now, takes no time and guranteed to drop two.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    get it quick before you can! disgusting FOMO design
    they know for a fact that many people are collectors, addicted or have put too much efforts in this throughout all the years. and they exploit this to keep them playing, thanks to the "fear of missing out" which hook them even more. hope one day it'll be an illegal practice.
    If people are collectors, they're doing it because they enjoy it. This whole "FOMO" thing I only ever see claimed by people who don't seem to care anyway, they're just looking to criticize instead something that doesn't affect them much.

As someone who enjoys collecting things personally, it's really unnecessary to make it sound like it's an issue that needs to be fixed.

The Azeroth Champion title will be unobtainable... and the rank 4 is behind the RNG drop from emissary bonuses xD

Never gets old Blizz, never gets old...

Missing out on stuff if you didn't log in has been a thing since vanilla. I didn't log in during Scarab Lord event, should I be mad because I didn't get the mount?(it's an example, don't worry about the logic) Amani War Bear? Invincible? Hand of A'dal? And the list go on. I do have the Bear and Hand of A'dal, because I was there when it was current. Yes, you can get most of the mounts at a 1% chance later on, but you get the idea.

Fearing on missing out is a thing for everything in life. Some stuff is expansion only, and it should stay that way. Maybe these are better examples: I didn't do the MoP Challenge modes because I didn't do it and barely played in MoP. But I have zero reason to be mad that I don't have those transmogs now. I didn't do all the challenges modes in WoD, only 4. But I don't deserve the weapon mogs because I didn't do them all. It's that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    The Azeroth Champion title will be unobtainable... and the rank 4 is behind the RNG drop from emissary bonuses xD

Never gets old Blizz, never gets old...
    I can understand people complaining about these kinds of stuff to get before the expansion goes away because it's based purely on rng. It's the exception however.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-23 at 08:33 PM.