Page 4 of 127 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Are we able to know? With what we know so far of wc lore? If not, this is pretty exciting! I love theorizing and making connections but it’s also really fun just not knowing anything nor being able to piece certain things together because not enough information yet or because it’s so new it hasn’t been introduced.

I hope they introduce the new stuff really extremely slowly so it feels like wciv, v, and vi level of lore to be able to build off if and grow from. Old god, Azshara, etc feels rushed and packed and I don’t want all the next stuff to feel rushed and packed, it needs to be introduced and bake and settle for a long time in all our hearts and minds so future expansions will evolve naturally and slowly from this newer lore, the way vanilla - Bfa were explored after wc-wciii’s groundwork.

lol, old gods are such jobbers now
    they went from "incomprehensible gods of madness and power" to "parasitic flashbag tumors", who a single empowered mortal can kill

N'zoth got it the worst, my man went from:

"N’zoth is still lurking. The Titans couldn’t defeat it… maybe someday we’ll get our chance? Don’t expect to hear anything about him in Pandaria, though!" (MoP interview from Dave Kosak)
    to
    "Ever the weakest of his own kind" (Azshara BfA)
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    We knew from the Dagger's whispers that N'Zoth was the weakest. He was even the first to be contained so it's not hard to believe.

It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and... well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be. (in the Hall of Glory in the Halls of Valor)
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    they replaced Valeera with Gazlowe
    Good, she never made any sense there
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Good, she never made any sense there
    I think they’re very ...fond of her model and are looking for excuses to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I think they’re very ...fond of her model and are looking for excuses to use it.
    They should decide wtf they wanna do with her as a character then

- - - Updated - - -

Venthyr stuff from Joeygiggles on SoL discord

Last edited by Skytotem; 2020-07-24 at 02:08 AM.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    They should decide wtf they wanna do with her as a character then
    I believe the plan is “ogle”.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by Aucald; 2020-07-24 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Changed Links
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Judging by the current reveals these writers are spewing, First Trolls of course!

From Danuser's little mind:
    "Maladraxus inspired that cheap copy (that previous writers made, mine is better!), the Scourge
    Ardenweald inspired the cheap copy called Emerald Dream
    The First Ones inspired the cheap copy called Titans
    Kyrians inspired Valkyr

Damn Metzen for using his time machine to steal my ideas and go back to the past! Also, my self-insert Nathanos is so cool he withstood power that killed Old Gods!"

Ah, following the link provided earlier in the thread clears up everything about why the earlier Night Warrior could kill an Old God, when Tyrande couldn't handle a zombie with a bow. Thiernax talks about arguing with his husband over the power's risk. I see now, he was infused with woke potential. If only Tyrande had been gay, then she could have slightly injured Danuser's self-insert.

I'm more convinced every day SL is the first expansion they'll have to pay me to touch.
    Yeah exactly. Everything in Shadowlands is supposed to be the original version of something we already know, when in reality it is the other way around. Everything in Shadowlands is just a copy of what we've already seen in the game.

Hmm, fits with Light and Void invading in the past.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-07-24 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Changed Links
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    lol, old gods are such jobbers now
    they went from "incomprehensible gods of madness and power" to "parasitic flashbag tumors", who a single empowered mortal can kill

N'zoth got it the worst, my man went from:

"N’zoth is still lurking. The Titans couldn’t defeat it… maybe someday we’ll get our chance? Don’t expect to hear anything about him in Pandaria, though!" (MoP interview from Dave Kosak)
    to
    give Blizz some credit.

they destroyed 3 iconic threats in just one expansion (Legion, Scourge, Old Gods).

also, the stuff with Bwonsamdi is a little disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

I don't know which part of that annoys me more - that one dude killed an Old God, empowered by the Night Warrior or not, that Tyrande's equivalent feats include freezing a camp of random undead, that Elune is not Night Elf-exclusive or that those guys are now stuck being deer for all time.

Now that bit of Alexandros questioning his place in Maldraxxus I love. This is what they should be exploring heavily - people expecting one thing from an afterlife and then punting them elsewhere, be it in error like the Forsworn in Bastion or when what someone thinks of themselves and who they 'are' at their base don't match up like with Vashj or Mograine and they struggle with that, especially if they had a very committed faith. If you're going to put them there, the least you could do is play into it.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-07-24 at 08:12 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    just like they are with Calia, Danouser without Sylvanas need others to relief his stress

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I don't know which part of that annoys me more - that one dude killed an Old God, empowered by the Night Warrior or not, that Tyrande's equivalent feats include freezing a camp of random undead, that Elune is not Night Elf-exclusive or that those guys are now stuck being deer for all time.
    people said it was one dude and the warriors there, so not alone.

But just gonna say im loving all of this of night elves not being the special snowflakes with this elune shenanigans, i had discussion with one fanboy years ago with something similar, wish i could see him now, being stuck as a deer? also funny

Now that bit of Alexandros questioning his place in Maldraxxus I love. This is what they should be exploring heavily - people expecting one thing from an afterlife and then punting them elsewhere, be it in error like the Forsworn in Bastion or when what someone thinks of themselves and who they 'are' at their base don't match up like with Vashj or Mograine and they struggle with that, especially if they had a very committed faith. If you're going to put them there, the least you could do is play into it.
    Lets see how Dra'ka will feel after thinking she would meet her ancestors and instead came in this scourge like place full of undead abominations for some reason please

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    they replaced Valeera with Gazlowe
    now they just have to replace Calia with anyone else, that is actually a horde leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    people said it was one dude and the warriors there, so not alone.

But just gonna say im loving all of this of night elves not being the special snowflakes with this elune shenanigans, i had discussion with one fanboy years ago with something similar, wish i could see him now, being stuck as a deer? also funny
    With allies or not, the power differential is still massive. The story about how Tyrande needs to ditch her powers pronto because they're too much to contain doesnt' really follow when we haven't actually seen Tyrande do anything all that impressive. Jaina is instead given the powerhouse treatment while with Tyrande it's told but never shown.

Elune is very Night Elf-connected. They're coming perilously close to explaining her, which would be a mistake. Blizzard in general suffer from overexplaining things - the Bwonsamdi thing being another of the endless examples.

Lets see how Dra'ka will feel after thinking she would meet her ancestors and instead came in this scourge like place full of undead abominations for some reason please
    I agree with everyone else that Draka was an awful pick for this and it should've been Orgrim, but you can do some interesting things here - the first is that being in Maldraxxus destroys orc ancestor worship. For another, Draka's whole character is based around how in any other clan except the Frostwolves she'd be chucked off a cliff for being a runt and that she overcame that to prove herself, so Maldraxxus which is all about proving yourself and gaining more power isn't actually all that off base.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Half-way through the Maldraxxus quests atm. Dawned on me that the missing Primus is most likely the Runesage from Torghast.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Half-way through the Maldraxxus quests atm. Dawned on me that the missing Primus is most likely the Runesage from Torghast.
    I though the same thing, but I could not find anything about it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    And all five of those Old Gods are dead now right? I thought Azeroth would be doomed if they were destroyed
    Four*, they changed it from five to four years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    With allies or not, the power differential is still massive. The story about how Tyrande needs to ditch her powers pronto because they're too much to contain doesnt' really follow when we haven't actually seen Tyrande do anything all that impressive. Jaina is instead given the powerhouse treatment while with Tyrande it's told but never shown.

Elune is very Night Elf-connected. They're coming perilously close to explaining her, which would be a mistake. Blizzard in general suffer from overexplaining things - the Bwonsamdi thing being another of the endless examples.

I agree with everyone else that Draka was an awful pick for this and it should've been Orgrim, but you can do some interesting things here - the first is that being in Maldraxxus destroys orc ancestor worship. For another, Draka's whole character is based around how in any other clan except the Frostwolves she'd be chucked off a cliff for being a runt and that she overcame that to prove herself, so Maldraxxus which is all about proving yourself and gaining more power isn't actually all that off base.
    ... I'd never thought about that... God-fucking-damnit, now I want that!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Four*, they changed it from five to four years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

They are referring to Xal'athath. Some think she's an Old God who was devoured by her brothers, but there is no official confirmation of this.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I though the same thing, but I could not find anything about it.
    The things which made me think that is: He's described as a master craftsman, and the Runesage has no memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Can't take any credit for that idea, but I really like it - we've already plumbed the 'Thrall meets his parents' well in WoD and let's face it, it was pretty boring. They don't really have much to talk about. Thrall, after all he's been through and what the Horde has changed speaking with the guy who made him Warchief in the first place though, not so much.