Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    I really like this response. You totally dodge the point and find a way to attack the poster with a totally baseless claim.
    So what ship ? Kyanion doesn't seem to know maybe you could help! Oh wait you probably never played it either. Booohooo.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    BTW What ingame ship requires 50 people to man it? Cause I haven't found any and I've played every patch and some more.
    What are the ships that require the most crew in SC? I've heard of one in the Javelin Destroyer that requires a MINIMUM of 23 crew. Is that the largest one? If so what is the maximum crew on it?

Well good news guys, if we have two Javelin Destroyers against each other on the server 46 people will be able to do something! Woo! Ship combat boys! Just don't try to go over 50 because Kaboom

- - - Updated - - -

So what ship ? Kyanion doesn't seem to know maybe you could help! Oh wait you probably never played it either. Booohooo.
    Instead of trying to point out what ships can have X crew you just resort to insults and personal attacks. You realize that is the difference between the posters in this thread right?

Isn't there something called a Bengal Carrier that can have a crew over 50?
    What about this thing called the Idris? I've seen numbers all over the place for the crew on this one. It looks like information keeps changing because the game is in development hell. Fuck if anyone knows what the real numbers are based on the digging I've been doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait you probably never played it either. Booohooo.
    Weirdest recruitment ever! Come play SC where you can get insulted on a daily basis! Wooohooo.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2020-07-24 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    What are the ships that require the most crew in SC? I've heard of one in the Javelin Destroyer that requires a MINIMUM of 23 crew. Is that the largest one? If so what is the maximum crew on it?

Well good news guys, if we have two Javelin Destroyers against each other on the server 46 people will be able to do something! Woo! Ship combat boys! Just don't try to go over 50 because Kaboom

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of trying to point out what ships can have X crew you just resort to insults and personal attacks. You realize that is the difference between the posters in this thread right?
    I said ingame ships. Javelin is not ingame yet as anyone with minimal knowledge of the game would know...hot air...

For someone who doesn't like, play or intend to play Star Citizen you seem very worried about ship crew requirements and capital ship battles.

A lot of hot air going on in there Phew Phew Phew.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    So what's the latest news with this pyramid scheme of a game? Is it still in alpha? Did they add MORE unnecessary features to the game in order to extend the alpha once again?
    10 years from now and this "game" still wont be finished. But I bet a bunch of these guys will still be simping hard and saying it takes time to create a game or whatever excuse they manage to pull out of their great end lol
    Nope and Nope. Stay far away from it. There's almost enough haters and jaded backers to fill a Javelin by now we don't need more, not even to mop the floors.

We lured another one guys! Welcome to the mad house!
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-07-24 at 03:11 AM.

I said ingame ships. Javelin is not ingame yet as anyone with minimal knowledge of the game would know...hot air...

For someone who doesn't like, play or intend to play Star Citizen you seem very worried about ship crew requirements.
    Oh what a shocker, not in game yet. The story of SC in a few words. Not in game.

Very worried? I went and did 5 minutes of looking around, I pulled the Javelin info off of their own damn website. Didn't stop them from selling ships that aren't in game yet did it? Of course it didn't!

- - - Updated - - -

Nope and Nope. Stay far away from it. There's almost enough haters and jaded backers to fill a Javelin by now we don't need more, not even to mop the floors.
    Yeah enough to fill that thing that isn't in game yet!

Oh what a shocker, not in game yet. The story of SC in a few words. Not in game.

Very worried? I went and did 5 minutes of looking around, I pulled the Javelin info off of their own damn website. Didn't stop them from selling ships that aren't in game yet did it? Of course it didn't!
    New to crowdfunding are we? Oh what a pity.

Yeah enough to fill that thing that isn't in game yet!
    We jam them in the Argo while the Javelin cooks. They can get all comfy in there and share hot air.

New to crowdfunding are we? Oh what a pity.
    Oh fucking please. Don't worry once we hit 10 years of development time CiG will throw a party and I'm sure even then morons will keep throwing money at this game hoping it one day releases.

Oh fucking please. Don't worry once we hit 10 years of development time CiG will throw a party and I'm sure even then morons will keep throwing money at this game hoping it one day releases.

Keep on hating! Funding must grow!

Throwing out insults and trying to goad people because you don't like their opinion is not a good look.

You constantly whine and moan about haters while being the most negative person in this thread towards other posters. It just shows how personal it is for you.
    Last edited by 1001; 2020-07-24 at 04:41 AM.

Dingus: "What you doing mate"
    Johny: "A cake Dingus, A cake!"
    -takes a look-
    Dingus: "All I see is water, flour and sugar Johny! That's no Cake!"
    Johny: "!?!?"
    I just want to say that if you try and make a cake with just water, flour and sugar, I sure as hell wouldn't eat it.

So, we are now at the point were SC fanboys start spamming memes and lulz-videos to "defend" their reasoning?

!
    Goddamnit this crash at 6:00 was so lame I thought it was a PS1 game. Glad for you if you're happy your 300 million game with 600 developers ends like this though

I also like that the thing gets shot for hours without showing any damage then suddenly explodes - such realism

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    I just want to say that if you try and make a cake with just water, flour and sugar, I sure as hell wouldn't eat it.
    I think that's ironically what SC is trying to do too. Putting space, ships and people and they believe that automatically makes a great space game
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2020-07-24 at 05:29 AM.

Keep on hating! Funding must grow!
    You're embarrassing yourself. C'mon. You're supposed to be better than this. You're the chosen one.

Or, at least you act like it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    snip
    The fleet is just a scripted event its not supposed to do anything besides fly to a few different areas and shoot back at whoever shoots at them, they were just put ingame to show the players the outside of the ships and not for what they would actually do in combat.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The fleet is just a scripted event its not supposed to do anything besides fly to a few different areas and shoot back at whoever shoots at them, they were just put ingame to show the players the outside of the ships and not for what they would actually do in combat.
    This showdown wouldn’t incite me to pay for that though. Hey look at that several thousand dollars ship that has PS1 physics, please gib money

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    This showdown wouldn’t incite me to pay for that though. Hey look at that several thousand dollars ship that has PS1 physics, please gib money
    The ship was basically on a set of rails following one set route so its not going to behave correctly when players are forcing it to do things its not supposed to, it was mainly just for show for the event thats it, the space combat in SC is still far superior to any space game that your actually in the cockpit for.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

the space combat in SC is still far superior to any space game that your actually in the cockpit for.
    It may eventually be, once they get all of the components properly working, and all of the multi-crew stations properly working, and once they finalize on the flight model, and fix up networking. Networking issues aside, I would place its current state as above average. The fact that it does have *some* multi-crew support is nice, with medium and large ships having one or more turrets. If you're in a 1v1 fight, then it can be pretty entertaining, but once you get into 2v2 or greater territory, you're quickly reminded that you're still in an Alpha with some huge networking issues that need resolving. Still, manning a turret while two Hammerheads duke it out with some support ships flying around was pretty fun, even if it was super janky.

the space combat in SC is still far superior to any space game that your actually in the cockpit for.
    Right now, space combat in SC is okay. Current meta for small to medium ship duels is just missile spam (whoever has the most missiles wins), circle strafing for sustained fire (whoever has the most DPS wins), and jousting for big alpha damage. For big ships, good luck every killing anything; turrets are useless and big ship shields are so strong that two hammerheads with all turrets shooting at each other can't penetrate each other's shields. Suicide ramming is more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Right now, space combat in SC is okay. Current meta for small to medium ship duels is just missile spam (whoever has the most missiles wins), circle strafing for sustained fire (whoever has the most DPS wins), and jousting for big alpha damage. For big ships, good luck every killing anything; turrets are useless and big ship shields are so strong that two hammerheads with all turrets shooting at each other can't penetrate each other's shields. Suicide ramming is more effective.
    I ran into a similar problem in ED when I played it. IMO, flight sim esque combat in space is hard to make interesting without obstacles to maneuver around. Otherwise, it's just circle strafing around each other and holding down the trigger.

Please show us the source of your information when Turbulent mentioned the 50% acquirement rate and the year in witch that was mentioned.
    Happy to help.

https://quebec.huffingtonpost.ca/201..._10941920.html

Again, you're obsessing about a percentage as if it is the main point of anything or even crucial to the example I gave. I've explained with numbers in a simple example why your claim has no convincing base for it at all and it's nothing but pure speculation because you want the project to look good.

It's relevant to the matter considering that the big growth in funding and player engagement started in the end of 2017 with the 3.0 patch when they added planetary landings. Picked up pace as they added more planets, ships, gear, features while improving performance and specially added ship rentals/buying with ingame credits and stopped resetting progress at every patch and who's funding and registered players have increased exponentially in the last 2 years.
    You keep confusing players, backers and unique accounts. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

• An account on the site is a Citizen. A Backer can be responsible for multiple Citizens, some of which may/may not have pledged.
    • A player is a unique person, not a unique account.

You can't throw around "registered players" as if it means anything. Again, you don't understand the data you're posting.

Also, we already have all the data you've posted already about funding and unique accounts on the site. Even buying what you write outright, there is no convincing argument that the "grand majority of backers" agree with anything.

Besides, it goes without saying that somebody who pledged cash in 2017 might not be happy in 2018, 2019 or 2020 for that matter. You could never just lump everyone together and say that today, three years later, that somehow their opinion has been static. What if they wanted to "answer the call" 2017 and nothing more?

It's time for you to provide a convincing argument for your claim with actual numbers. So far, in every single exchange we've had, you've avoided this like the plague. Show us your figures and your logic which will lead to a reasonable conclusion that your grand majority of backers support CIG today.

Frankly, I don't think you can do it - because you know that once you have to engage, there is no turning back, you'd actually have to commit to something. You seem to prefer weaseling your way out of arguments and shitpost instead(nice ban btw).

But Behold the company who's player base is dissatisfied and stagnating according to someone who's entrenched into believing it's own fantasy.
    You do realize that very few backers actually play the game actively, right? The playerbase can stagnate without the base of backers stagnating(which it can't anyway, we've already gone over that). A backer doesn't have to play the game. I'm the perfect example of that. Haven't touched the broken mess in a long time even though I could theoretically log on and play right now.

Now that you're banned for blatant shitposting, I'm going to leave you with my favourite Star Citizen video series ever: Sunk Cost Galaxy. Enjoy! And may it make the passing of time that much faster for you.

Anyone looking to have some fun, check out the video series. It goes over a lot of Star Citizen's history throughout the years.

People are not happy with the continued evisceration of the roadmap https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...july-24th-2020

The ship was basically on a set of rails following one set route so its not going to behave correctly when players are forcing it to do things its not supposed to, it was mainly just for show for the event thats it, the space combat in SC is still far superior to any space game that your actually in the cockpit for.
    It was mainly for show... the story of Star Citizen's life.

Star Citizen's combat is pretty damn dire, Elite beats it in every way.