Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    .... the decency to help and not ridicule other players in the game who are learning their class and trying their hardest.

This game has tended to become a game where if you don’t know how to do a boss fight or anything from day 1 you are immediately crucified by other players.

I respect the players in groups I’m in where people help and offer advice or tips so that people can learn and don’t immediately tell them to get out of the group and learn to play elsewhere because they are an inconvenience to their speed run

I do a double-take on people who have unique or good-looking xmogs (which is HIGHLY subjective from person to person by the way... What I might like will not be something you might like and vice versa).
    I respect people (as others have said) with a good attituide and don't' ridicule others for their short comings or generally "nice" people. Everyone was new to the game at one point or another so I rather treat others as how I would like to be treated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only really good looking transmogs, now, really. There are so many rare mounts and titles now that I can't really keep track of them all.

7+ Year Old Account
    When i see someone playing something who is not an elf i can respect that.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Scarab Lord is the big one.

All the realm first raid titles too: Death's Demise, Celestial Defender, Grand Crusader, but not the Naxx/OS/EoE ones since those were not really about skill.

The Insane still carries a bit of prestige, but it certainly has been watered down over the years.

I have one of the unarmored night elf mounts and always am impressed when I see another one running around.

Mythic raid mounts are impressive early on in the tier, but Jaina/N'Zoth mounts are kind of meh at this point. Same with the +15 keystone mount.
    Emphasis on a bit. I have it from WotLK, specifically a good bit before the pre-Cata patch. I was working on it for the better part of a year. It was tough back then. No flying in old Azeroth vs the ability to fly makes a HUGE difference in difficulty, IMHO, though there is still plenty of running around in dungeons.

Shen'dralar being removed was a big disappointment for me. I'd like my Agent of Shen'dralar to be a title, please, thank you.

But yeah, one of my best WoW buddies has both Death's Demise and Celestial Defender and then another close friend is a Gladiator, so... those things are far more impressive than the Insane title, especially current and recent (read: past few years) earners of the title.

The original mounts are definitely a status symbol... I DON'T TRY NEW GAMES WOW IS THE BEST. I kid I kid... I want them. /stares at his 350 mount achievement... sigh
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I really don't care what someone else has in the game and it has zero impact on my respect for them. I mean, I guess the Immortal title is pretty neat, but still, I just really don't care.

Nothing in the game does... other than being envious of people that have Tyreal's Charger
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So just to confirm - you respect the player who plays the game how you personally believe it should be played. What a strange opinion to have.....
    Hahahaha, yes, basically. My apologies, I was grumpy when I posted. I respect every style of play, what really bothers me is how much more outspoken the extreme players are, when the majority of the player base is casuals; but that's just an accurate reflection of life. The most extreme are always the most outspoken. I appreciate the complexities of the game, and I am glad that many different kinds of players can enjoy it. It does sadden me when people dedicate a little too much of their time to any one thing though. Life has an infinite number of potential experiences, and no matter how amazing a game it is, WoW is still only one of that infinite number.

Undead and immortal title. Tried so hard to get undead back in wotlk, but pugs kept failing...stressful.

Oh, I also like hand of Adal title, its what I use on my druid so.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Grand Marshal, helped my Husband get it. played his Char when he Worked.

Personally Conquerer, Have it my self.

fun playing the game how they want to and has consideration for others

I don't respect nor disrespect anyone based on achievements in a video game. What kind of virgin ass thing would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    .... the decency to help and not ridicule other players in the game who are learning their class and trying their hardest.

This game has tended to become a game where if you don’t know how to do a boss fight or anything from day 1 you are immediately crucified by other players.
    Have to agree but also there is an argument on people "learning" in wrong area. I mean you don't have to go into HC raid to do your rotation until you can do it decently and then you see how you are doing under a bit of stress.
    I have absolute respect to people who actually want and try to learn
    I don't have respect for people who call other elitists if they get called out in constructive manner on now knowing their class/mechanics on a difficulty which is not supposed to be "entry" level difficulty.
    Also doing their best is subjective - someones best is just mash the buttons expecting to do some damage/survive mechanics and someone's elses best is look at a guide, look at the logs, practice on a lower difficulty and then go for higher level. I

A life, compassion, patience and a sense of humor.

I think you should use 'i am impressed by' word rather 'i respect' in your thread question, OP.

Old, no longer obtainable items (Atiesh), titles (Death's Demise, Immortal), mounts (Crusader's White Warhorse).
    Anything past WotLK does not impress me (except maybe Gladiator mounts).

I think I've never saluted anyone in this game. But things of other players that take my attention are:

glad mounts
    scarab lord title
    immortal title
    old amani bear

Vanilla PVP titles. One of the few things that can't be bought.

Knowledge on how to play the game effectively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone has the same amount of respect from me until they lose it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Nearly everything, if not everything, can be bought in this game now. Someone who has a good personality and a team player is far more valuable imo.