Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    This probably has been said before, but raising the cap to 60 will allow more time for people to decide if they want to buy the game or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Are we sure this is not just for new accounts? I believe that is how trials worked. It wasn't an F2P.
    This is for new accounts. I tried to log in this morning with an account that I was once subscribed with and could not play.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    This is for new accounts. I tried to log in this morning with an account that I was once subscribed with and could not play.
    Yeah. Shame about this. I played a long time ago when it first rebranded as "A realm reborn" and stopped playing before I reached level 20. I'm interested in giving it another go, but I'd have to create a whole new account.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    Yeah. Shame about this. I played a long time ago when it first rebranded as "A realm reborn" and stopped playing before I reached level 20. I'm interested in giving it another go, but I'd have to create a whole new account.
    Yeah, that's the boat I'm in. My original account from 3 or 4 years ago I think hit 15. Not paying to activate it when I can just level a trial to 60 and spend whatever to upgrade it if I want because I know it'll take me more than a couple months to hit 60 (since I won't be playing it as much as others).

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. The twitter post says Free Trial is extended to cover those. But free trials are time limited, no? From the title I gathered it's Free to play, up to 60. So even if your sub has expired, you can continue to play for free until you hit 60.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

If this applies to previously active accounts i might hop back in and see if I have any fun with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

15+ Year Old Account
    I tried it, but it's saying a subscription is needed if I want to install the game. So the title is very misleading. Only applies to new accounts, or then the patch is not live yet that makes it free to play.

My gold making blog

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I tried it, but it's saying a subscription is needed if I want to install the game. So the title is very misleading. Only applies to new accounts, or then the patch is not live yet that makes it free to play.
    Yeah I read somewhere that this doesn't start until the patch goes live which I believe is still a couple weeks away.

But free trials are time limited, no?
    No, it's not time limited.
    It's only for trial accounts, if you ever subbed, you won't be able to play without paying sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    I think they should also make it so if your sub runs out you can still keep playing, your level will just be synced down to level 60 and you won't be able to play the Dancer, Gunbreaker, Red Mage, and Samurai. One of the reasons I am hesitant to sub is because once I do, I will never be able to play it for free again.
    aww, I was excited untill this. My character is 70.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    No, it's not time limited.

It's only for trial accounts, if you ever subbed, you won't be able to play without paying sub.
    Makes sense. Thanks for the confirmation!

My gold making blog

I have the starter edition, up to 30. I tried to like this game but I really couldn't, people kept telling me the good stuff comes later after what the trial offered.
    I guess I'll give it another chance! I love these news.

I subbed to the game like 3 years ago I think. Played it like a month then quit. It was going all nice then suddenly, a quest took me to a dungeon.
    First dungeon. Then I waited in LFG waited and waited for a few days to no avail. Then I quit. I really really really want to play this game.

Especially living in Japan and not playing this or dragon quest is like an insult. And what I realized was you could switch the language to English and keep playing on Jap servers.

I will give it another go after this August 11 revamp. If it is F2P. I would like to start with a new account.

3+ Year Old Account
    Imo I think launching this before they condensed ARR is a total shitshow of an idea lol. I would say the vast majority of people who try the game and shit on it usually quit somewhere in early-mid ARR. I've played consistently for like the last 2-3 years with no breaks now (maybe some hours laid off to try WoW or do something else, but my sub has stayed rolling). I quit easily 3 or 4 times in ARR alone because it was conflicting my brain "I love FF, but this is so fucking boring and I'm just watching a GCD rolling 24/7 whilst I only have 3 buttons to press. And every one of these like 400 quests is the same shit." Because the quest bloat is atrocious and most cutscenes/characters aren't voiced in ARR either. The standard of storytelling before lvl 50 is just hilariously inferior to anything you may have ever experienced. On the upside, you can queue for frontlines in the evenings from lvl 30, PvP didn't exist when I started and when it finally did, you had to be max level to do it.

I'll do many of you a favour, the game really is amazing, but wait until they do the ARR revamp because you will probably quit after your second run of Sastasha otherwise and it'll scar your opinion of an amazing game for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I will give it another go after this August 11 revamp. If it is F2P. I would like to start with a new account.
    It's not F2P, there's a trial version though.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Well, we can say that this thread is misleading then. It's the Free trial that is being expanded. The game is not free to play up to lvl60.

Quote Originally Posted by EllieNora View Post
    Imo I think launching this before they condensed ARR is a total shitshow of an idea lol. I would say the vast majority of people who try the game and shit on it usually quit somewhere in early-mid ARR. I've played consistently for like the last 2-3 years with no breaks now (maybe some hours laid off to try WoW or do something else, but my sub has stayed rolling). I quit easily 3 or 4 times in ARR alone because it was conflicting my brain "I love FF, but this is so fucking boring and I'm just watching a GCD rolling 24/7 whilst I only have 3 buttons to press. And every one of these like 400 quests is the same shit." Because the quest bloat is atrocious and most cutscenes/characters aren't voiced in ARR either. The standard of storytelling before lvl 50 is just hilariously inferior to anything you may have ever experienced. On the upside, you can queue for frontlines in the evenings from lvl 30, PvP didn't exist when I started and when it finally did, you had to be max level to do it.

I'll do many of you a favour, the game really is amazing, but wait until they do the ARR revamp because you will probably quit after your second run of Sastasha otherwise and it'll scar your opinion of an amazing game for years to come.
    I don't think they are launching it til 5.3

Holy shit that sounds so awesome. Especially the flying part! Time to play again then. Wow should also have similar F2P for older content. People who get to the F2P level cap would get so hooked that they want to continue leveling their character and experience current content for sure.
    I think right now you get everything up to WoD with the basic purchase. And one 110 boost.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I think right now you get everything up to WoD with the basic purchase. And one 110 boost.
    There is no "basic purchase" of WoW anymore. You just subscribe and you get access to everything apart from the most recent expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status...07884157657088

Well ain't that somethin'?

So now you can play up to patch 3.56, the final update before Stormblood, for free. All jobs to level 60 including the Heavensward jobs Dark Knight, Astrologian and Machinst as well as the playable Race the half dragon Au Ra included as baseline now as well. At the same time they are adding flying to the A Realm Reborn zones and massively trimming down the filler quests to let people get to Heavensward faster.

Making their equivalent to Wrath of the Lich King free is a hell of a move from SE, i wonder if this is just going to be the case where the older stuff just gets rolled into a f2p experience and you are just subbing for the latest expansion in future?
    Huh thats actually quite nice. I've just kinda finished all I ever wanted in WoW... so I might check out FFXIV