Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    some people are already sitting at 550+ before SL
    Are you sure about the 550 usable on one char? Afaik you can currently get at 535 max on an paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Deploy the Bronze Drakes!
    I laughed way too much at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Are you sure about the 550 usable on one char? Afaik you can currently get at 535 max on an paladin.
    They made it so that a lot of the newer mounts add up even if you can't use them. Namely, the class mounts from Legion all add up, and the Horde and Alliance faction mounts from BFA also add up (likely because you have to purchase them separately).

The big problem with the collection numbers is that at this point there's a total of 70+ mounts that were either discontinued or are/were coming from real money sources. Obviously these shouldn't count for whatever the "obtainable" maximum is considered to be, the former because it would be impossible for new players to catch up, and the latter because the final tier would always be conditioned by a paywall, but many long term collectors do have a good chunk of them, so they'll be far ahead of the curve if they also keep up with the "proper" mounts you get from playing the game.

Personally, I think 550 might be feasible depending on how many of the Shadowlands models are actually added in in 9.0 (I think there's 32 of them only for the armored/unarmored covenant ground mounts, but there's no guarantee they'll all be obtainable), but I also don't think that it's a must yet, since adding it later might open up new models. 600 is way too high and probably won't be obtainable through in-game sources until the final patch of the expansion.

Usable on a single character mostly doesn't matter for achievement tracking purposes. Every Legion class hall mount counts towards the achievement regardless which character you check on. The same is true for profession mounts.

The only thing that doesn't count is mounts exclusively available to the other faction afaik. There may also be some funky functionality with the original roster of paladin/warlock/DK and possibly even DH class mount(s), and if I'm not mistaken, dwarves and possibly also draenei are capable of riding the human paladin mounts for legacy reasons in addition to their own racial paladin mounts giving them effectively 4 mounts extra towards the achievement + 1 from the Argent Tournament.

Take for example my character. Simple armory shows I have 465, but for achievement collection purposes I'm sitting at an effective 500. That's primarily because of the 22 class hall mounts from legion (yes, the druid flight form counts) and the 5 additional mounts available to my dark iron paladin. I'm not actually sure where the rest come from, but my achievement tab still lists 500 mounts on my paladin which is what's effective for achievement tracking, so that's frankly inconsequential.

Even if we generously disregard some significantly difficult to acquire mounts like, say, TCG mounts, BMAH exclusive mounts, gladiator mount for the current season as well as legacy RAF mounts and Blizzcon mounts, I still have 67 mounts available to me at varying degrees of difficulty. And I'm by no means a hardcore collector. At most I'll do a couple of mount runs every other week or so.

I have no doubt in my mind that hardcore collectors already exist with 550+ mounts, but no doubt a lot of those mounts, much like my own, are legacy mounts no longer available to players.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

i only wanted one mount and after frustratingly farming it for a few years i finally got it.. i could care about any other mounts. i don't use any of them .. Invincible.. only mount for me. if i could give away my other mounts i would i know a few people that are seeking ones that from sheer dumb luck i got and never bothered to actually ride.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Personally, I don't care that much about them flying, I just want them to be awesome when released.

The "show-off period" for cutting edge collectors will be in early Shadowlands, when flying will be restricted anyway. Later on, as more and more people earn it and maybe a recolor will make it in somewhere for those who aren't into collecting... it's ok if it gets downgraded to a mount for instances and low level alts, at least from my perspective.

That's not to say the mount wouldn't be even better if it could fly. They could give it a hover animation and make it pop out translucent firefly wings like they do with half the store mounts. That would be cute as hell. Or they could make it puff up and float like a dirigible. That would be awesome too. But I won't complain if it doesn't fly, because I'd rather have a cool ground mount than a lame flying one. Ground mounts are way too underrated.
    You're a madman! If I've spent years farming rare mounts just to get this one, which basically is a culmination, and is essentially covering all the others, it sure as shit should fly. Its use should be as universal as any other truly rare mount. More mounts need to be able to fly.

Hell, I'd love to be able to fly with my Winterspring Frostsaber. lol XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    My achievement tab shows this as account wide. But I am absolutely not sure. The character I track it on shows 97 reputations, but there are at least two more that my initial main has...so somewhere it should show 99 rep ... or the one I track should only have 97

Here are reps that I KNOW no character has at exalted

Ravenhold
    Frostwolf (AV)
    Warsong Outriders
    Booty Bay
    Everlook
    Gadgetzan
    Ratchet

(there are 2 reps that got removed that I also never got)

So....anyone knows how many reputations are currently in WoW? I read it is like 103? Or was that pre-BfA
    The achievement itself rewards account-wide, but you can only add exalted reputations from one single character.

I bless my Insane title, it makes life a bit easier.

Surprised you have the AB rep exalted but not the AV rep. I suppose maybe AV is still tough? Though lately all the AVs I enter Alliance seems to lose. I miss our glory days. XD Unrelated: I also should have finished Isle of Conquest 100 wins back in the day. Sitting at like 83 for years now...

- - - Updated - - -

Usable on a single character mostly doesn't matter for achievement tracking purposes. Every Legion class hall mount counts towards the achievement regardless which character you check on. The same is true for profession mounts.

The only thing that doesn't count is mounts exclusively available to the other faction afaik. There may also be some funky functionality with the original roster of paladin/warlock/DK and possibly even DH class mount(s), and if I'm not mistaken, dwarves and possibly also draenei are capable of riding the human paladin mounts for legacy reasons in addition to their own racial paladin mounts giving them effectively 4 mounts extra towards the achievement + 1 from the Argent Tournament.

Take for example my character. Simple armory shows I have 465, but for achievement collection purposes I'm sitting at an effective 500. That's primarily because of the 22 class hall mounts from legion (yes, the druid flight form counts) and the 5 additional mounts available to my dark iron paladin. I'm not actually sure where the rest come from, but my achievement tab still lists 500 mounts on my paladin which is what's effective for achievement tracking, so that's frankly inconsequential.

Even if we generously disregard some significantly difficult to acquire mounts like, say, TCG mounts, BMAH exclusive mounts, gladiator mount for the current season as well as legacy RAF mounts and Blizzcon mounts, I still have 67 mounts available to me at varying degrees of difficulty. And I'm by no means a hardcore collector. At most I'll do a couple of mount runs every other week or so.

I have no doubt in my mind that hardcore collectors already exist with 550+ mounts, but no doubt a lot of those mounts, much like my own, are legacy mounts no longer available to players.
    WAIT WHAT?!

EVERY class hall mount counts individually towards the total #? Are you sure? It's max you can use on one character... how could that be?

- - - Updated - - -

I laughed way too much at this.
    *bows*

/10char
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets just hope that whatever is the reward, people will shut their mouths about it. I would have been perfectly fine (maybe others would have too) with the Black and Red version of the Hearthstone Horse, but many cried about "OMG another recolor!" Welp, they won on that one and we got the Raven Lord's toxic derpy cousin instead.

Anyway. Total mounts that I have is 471 but the collection page is saying 518. Would love to have more bird mounts like a Blue and Gold Macaw (I own one), Red or Yellow tail Cockatoo (beautiful birds that are black with either red or yellow on their tails) and Cockatoos. I mean, we have a seagull, a mechanical one, a fiery offspring of an Arokkan God, the Friendship bird, and Red and Green macaws. WE (I) NEED MORE BIRD MOUNTS!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    I hope They reskin of mythic jaina mount somewhat... GREEN?
    We're getting Death Elemental mounts in blue, black and green colorations.

*edit*

Oh and apparently there is a dragon mount in Shadowlands that covered in shadows. Called Soul Eater I believe.
    Last edited by Mighty Parrot; 2020-07-25 at 02:41 AM.

and the 5 additional mounts available to my dark iron paladin.
    Is the Dark Iron pala something special? I mean I have a "regular" simple draenei paladin with the pala only argent tournament horse, her own pala mounts, and class hall mounts. That's the same available amount for all paladins, right?

Yep, time to start thinking about the things that truly matter like trivial achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Is the Dark Iron pala something special? I mean I have a "regular" simple draenei paladin with the pala only argent tournament horse, her own pala mounts, and class hall mounts. That's the same available amount for all paladins, right?
    Like I wrote in my previous message, Dark Irons, regular Dwarves and possibbly Draenei can use the human paladin racial mounts in addition to their own because Draenei were using the human paladin horse mount until Cataclysm where they got an elekk instead and Dwarves used the human mounts until BFA where they got rams along with the Dark Irons.

Whether or not those mounts actually count I'm not entirely sure of. When I check statistics on a Dark Iron my mount count is listed at 500, while for my horde shaman it's listed at 497.

The class hall mounts count for every class, so if you haven't completed your class hall campaign on every class because you think paladins have most mounts available you're missing out on potentially a lot of mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

You're a madman! If I've spent years farming rare mounts just to get this one, which basically is a culmination, and is essentially covering all the others, it sure as shit should fly. Its use should be as universal as any other truly rare mount. More mounts need to be able to fly.

Hell, I'd love to be able to fly with my Winterspring Frostsaber. lol XD
    I've been told that before...

I guess another reason I don't mind is that most of my chars have separate ground and flying mounts, so I'd be using both types anyway (if I collect them, I might as well use as many as I can, right?). There used to be a time when half the flying mounts weren't allowed in flight-restricted areas, so I got used to splitting them. Plus that a lot of really awesome and prestigious flying mounts don't have running animations and look absolutely ridiculous on the ground, so they wouldn't be used early in an expansion (including most of the older mount collecting rewards, ironically). So... gotta learn to love them both!

WAIT WHAT?!

EVERY class hall mount counts individually towards the total #? Are you sure? It's max you can use on one character... how could that be?
    Not only that, the Bee mount for example counts on your Horde characters as well, and so do the horses and gryphons from Kul'tiras reps. The warfronts and pvp mounts, however, get swapped automatically based on your faction and only count as one. Generally, if you can see them on your list when you toggle on the unusable mounts, they should count... unless they're an old class mount (they might show up too, can't check atm).

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    Lets just hope that whatever is the reward, people will shut their mouths about it. I would have been perfectly fine (maybe others would have too) with the Black and Red version of the Hearthstone Horse, but many cried about "OMG another recolor!" Welp, they won on that one and we got the Raven Lord's toxic derpy cousin instead.

Anyway. Total mounts that I have is 471 but the collection page is saying 518. Would love to have more bird mounts like a Blue and Gold Macaw (I own one), Red or Yellow tail Cockatoo (beautiful birds that are black with either red or yellow on their tails) and Cockatoos. I mean, we have a seagull, a mechanical one, a fiery offspring of an Arokkan God, the Friendship bird, and Red and Green macaws. WE (I) NEED MORE BIRD MOUNTS!
    I love birds too (had a pigeon myself when I was younger, they are surprisingly social pets), but with all due respect to your awesome macaw, the unused blue parrot would be a little underwhelming for this achi, seeing how the other two are pretty easy to get. Definitely should be added to the game, though!

And yeah, I agree, the Feltalon felt like a slap in the face to the whiners. xD Hopefully people won't (have reason to?) react so harshly this time... Though I'm sure there will be some complaints no matter what. People have wildly different tastes and expectations, and some of them take pride in finding something to complain about.
    Last edited by Coconut; 2020-07-25 at 12:35 PM.

Did you scroll up? The new frog.
    Ah yeah. That deffo looks cool, but looks very Ardenweald to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess another reason I don't mind is that most of my chars have separate ground and flying mounts, so I'd be using both types anyway (if I collect them, I might as well use as many as I can, right?). There used to be a time when half the flying mounts weren't allowed in flight-restricted areas, so I got used to splitting them. Plus that a lot of really awesome and prestigious flying mounts don't have running animations and look absolutely ridiculous on the ground, so they wouldn't be used early in an expansion (including most of the older mount collecting rewards, ironically). So... gotta learn to love them both!
    Same. Litemount is AWESOME for this, I cannot recommend it enough. I have a Run/Fly/Swim list for every toon.

Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    For better of for worse, The Brutosaur is a big status symbol to show off how rich you are (or were, before you bought it). If they made the model more accessible there would be a huge outcry and I can't say I would blame them.
    It would be like if they sold one of those insanely expensive cars, like a Bugatti or something, at your local Carmax.
    As a Brutosaur owner, I would love it if the model was available. I also don't understand the car analogy. It would be cool if Carmax sold an affordable version.

Only snowflakes hate making something "non-unique", don't listen to the snowflakes.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Ah yeah. That deffo looks cool, but looks very Ardenweald to me.
    Yeah, but it would kinda need to have one of the covenant looks if it was new, those are the themes of the expansion. Ardenweald is probably the most fitting, Maldraxxus and Venthyr are a bit aggressive for collectors' stuff, and Kyrian is a bit meh in the mount department. I think Ardenweald even has the most mount models in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Same. Litemount is AWESOME for this, I cannot recommend it enough. I have a Run/Fly/Swim list for every toon.
    Thanks for the recommendation, that sounds like a cool addon!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love birds too (had a pigeon myself when I was younger, they are surprisingly social pets), but with all due respect to your awesome macaw, the unused blue parrot would be a little underwhelming for this achi, seeing how the other two are pretty easy to get. Definitely should be added to the game, though!

And yeah, I agree, the Feltalon felt like a slap in the face to the whiners. xD Hopefully people won't (have reason to?) react so harshly this time... Though I'm sure there will be some complaints no matter what. People have wildly different tastes and expectations, and some of them take pride in finding something to complain about.
    Yeah, more birds should be added and I do agree that adding a B&G macaw mount would be underwhelming. But perhaps a "4 mount skin in 1" for one of the rewards would be neat. Let me try to explain this...the mount is a "blank slate" before Covenant choosing but chooses a skin to which Covenant your in (Something like Warrior/Death Knight class hall mount-changes colors on the spec that you're in). Sounds ridiculous as I type this now.

One feature that would make it stand out is a "Torterra-ish" style mount, either turtle, Brutosaur-ish, or golem style that has a Covenant themed ecosystem on its back.

Also, glad to see we're getting more variations of skeletal/undead mounts that aren't horses and drakes (Though we do get a dragon called the Soul Eater) and I really hope Maldraxxus lets us craft an abomination mount like we got to create the mecha saber in Mechagon. Would love to see an undead variation of the Infernal mount (made out of bones).

Could it be...?

Oh God, I hope not.

I'd rather take the red Hearthsteed... In fact, ANYTHING that flies, for both, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    AB goes back to Classic. I somehow (though disliking pvp) got into a fixed group that pushes the rank 14 player on a rotation and needed bodies to fill the ranks. So we were just doing AB. I got to rank 10 that way.

Did a few AV, but some lasted days. You could quit after 4 hrs, come back the next day...still going. The only pvp I did afterwards was to get some achievements for "What long strange trip". I even skipped the recent Korrak's revenge after one try and rather levelled my toons the old fashion way of questing.

And thanks for the clarification on reputations.
    Oh man, I know about the long AVs, but why not do them more recently? Horde has been winning a lot of them pretty handily lately. I know between TBC and probably Cata AV was almost always an Alliance win, but more recently, Blizz did some tweaking and Horde figured out AV and now Alliance seems to have a lot of trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Not only that, the Bee mount for example counts on your Horde characters as well, and so do the horses and gryphons from Kul'tiras reps. The warfronts and pvp mounts, however, get swapped automatically based on your faction and only count as one. Generally, if you can see them on your list when you toggle on the unusable mounts, they should count... unless they're an old class mount (they might show up too, can't check atm).
    Ah yes, I do remember the glory days of no flying mounts in non-flying zones. Honestly, I wouldn't hold it against Blizz if they at least partially put that back in. There's just too many giant flying mounts roaming around in non-flying areas.

Then again, now we have shit like the Brutosaur... oh well. lol
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a big pvp guy..but who knows...maybe I get bored enough until the pre-patch
    Dude I was VERY disappointed when I discovered the updated AV mount that seems to have only been available during the 15th anniversary. I didn't realize that! Here's hoping it comes back for the 16th... is that too much to ask for? Classic AV is coooooooooool yo!
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe...well....with some mounts...I just have to let go. I kinda like the Hearthstone reward mount, but I just couldn't be arsed to play that game so I can get it.

Maybe if the 450 and 500 mount rewards are incredibly awesome...like....you get a Brutosaur awesome...I will just try and get everything...but as it is, I don't even rush to 400.

I guess it is unfair that I still got a few rare mounts without really trying....Clutch of Ji-Kun in 6 attempts while getting Shado Pan Assault rep and Invincible in under 50 while doing transmog runs.

I almost feel bad that I got several pvp mounts, toys, pets in Legion from doing the Warden Tower assaults and a sick Honor level..something that my friend who only does "real" pvp totally missed out on and hasn't even caught up now in BfA
    Oh, I feel you on rare mounts easily...

I came back to the game some years back and went into Tempest Keep two weeks in-a-row and got the Phoenix on the second week. I was like, welp, that was fast... wtf lol

Invincible.. uh, I think I remember recently seeing I have like, 25 H LK 25 man kills? Not bad at all... Got my Astral Cloud Serpent (seriously, one of the most underrated mounts in the game), and it is pretty hard to not be happy with this lol

Man dude, I wish I had not gotten lax about Warden towers/quit at all during Legion. Those things were OPPPPPP. Now? Honor level 500? Lol, what a joke. Going to take forever, no matter which side you're on. x_x
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made it to Honor level 135 (well..that is what is says now in BfA...whatever that was in Legion) - There is this youtuber https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7gHGkc1IZo&t=872s - who made a top 10 of hardest achievements. I think for Honor level 500 you kinda have to never stop pvp.

One of the mounts I am pretty proud of is the Crab from the Nazjatar Meta. Some dumb luck with the Rock Shambler just..shambling by, but also some stuff I pulled off that I felt was quite good...and skilled...seeing that I kinda couldn't find groups when I did it. Also..Bruce is awesome...though getting it now requires no real skill. But you need at least one friend on a low pop server to do some of the questchain.
    I need to stop getting bored of WoW.
    Seriously, I was going to get the 5 mask solo achievement for both SW and Org months ago... did Org one week. Then I literally stopped playing during the next week or so and just didn't bother doing SW. Now I am sitting here, it's been nerfed, and still have not done it. *upside down smiley face*
    I know Bruce now is more complicated just because so few people do Brawler's Guild at this point.
    The zone metas seem like an absolute pain in the ass lol

I was trying to save up to 5 million and when I was working on it I had to do 30k gold a day... lol that's probably well over 60k gold a day now. >_<
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    For better of for worse, The Brutosaur is a big status symbol to show off how rich you are (or were, before you bought it). If they made the model more accessible there would be a huge outcry and I can't say I would blame them.
    It would be like if they sold one of those insanely expensive cars, like a Bugatti or something, at your local Carmax.
    i mean thats exactly what they are doing with the spider mount that they said they would never add another model for so theres no point in that argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.