Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    I see them more as down the line collectors item.

I have a few of the older raid mount from meta achievements which are no longer available, as well as titles. So even though "back in the day" when those were current content a lot of people had them. Less and less of todays players have those, they serve a little badge of honour to me.
    Champion of the Naruu or Hand of Adal come to my mind. Old(er) players know what has gone into getting those titles, and all though they weren't terribly difficult to get they are less common today.

One of my favorite ones is "The Undying" from running 10man Naxx with 0 deaths on bosses (again not "hard")
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    I definitely still feel a level of prestige from some of the older stuff that has been made unobtainable. Just because "everyone" has its while its current, doesn't take the prestige away from it down the road. I have lots of mounts / titles / transmogs that were intended to be prestigious and still are to this day, probably even more so.

For example: swift nether drake, vengeful nether drake, merciless nether drake, brutal nether drake, "the undying", "grand Crusader", "Argent defender", crusaders white warhorse, SOO aotc mount, etc etc on through the expansions.

You see, thats the thing about prestige items, they get more prestigious as time goes on because players who get the stuff quit the game and it becomes more and more rare.
    I tend to value them more when they were present, i still use a title from long past now and then. I also think how older the content how less common or at least well know it was that these things got sold. Unless i am not remembering it correctly.

While i no longer raid, i can't say i have much feeling with today's rewards although that is a very personal stance of mine. But the image painted the second i log in game that essentially anything is for sale, how much worth are they still among raiders regards to prestige. Obviously i know all the tricks if want to expose a person you merely look up at the number of kills they got on mythic nowadays.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I tend to value them more when they were present, i still use a title from long past now and then. I also think how older the content how less common or at least well know it was that these things got sold. Unless i am not remembering it correctly.
    Same here. Two of my "pride" moments in the game were getting the "Immortal" title (when WotLK-Naxx25 was current content) and the Black Proto-Drake. Nothing in my follow up in game accomplishments comes close; maybe the early H.Rag kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    Well the people who care about clearing content do. If you didn't care for the mount back then, i doubt you care for it now.
    I can no longer commit to a raiding guild and hate the pugging world.

I just got the mount later in the expansion because it's easier to get that way.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    This is gold:

I double dare someone who's been playing casually doing LFR, Mythics and WQs to form a pug in July 2020 to clear Heroic Ny'alotha and kill N'Zoth. In around 2 hours. Start to finish. Including forming a pug. That will be a laugh.
    I wonder if they even play their own game. They make it sound as easy as doing a Warfront.
    You manipulated the quote to suit your own ends. The two hours was referring to the cloak not the raid. You either deliberately did this to further your point or you didn’t do it deliberately which I’m not going to comment further on because I would probably get an infraction
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Well if you read most of the thread it is actually telling the OP the opposite and talking about "time exclusive" items. So really no one is doing what you suggested.
    This thread should still be closed though as OP’s premise is blatantly false

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    WTF which language do you guys speak, it sure as hell not english.

OP said that the OFFICIAL Blizzard post suggests that N'Zoth HC can be defeated by.. whoever the original Blizz statement is for.. (you know, who didn't already did HC N'zoth) IN TWO HOURS.

It's not. Blizzard's suggestion is absolutely invalid and out of touch.
    OP was wrong. To the point of deliberately misleading wrong. The 2 hours refers to the cloak, not the raid and if OP had read it properly then he would know that
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2020-07-24 at 03:58 PM.

I can't believe people are still talking about this as if OP was correct. He misquoted. Blizzard never implied that it takes 2 hours to clear Heroic Nyalotha. The 2 hour estimate was for obtaining the legendary cloak.

It's like you guys read just far enough to get triggered and then go off and make fools of yourselves.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I'm sure he is one of those people that just read the MMO-C front page instead of the source material, and MMO-C regularly screws up the formatting which makes it lose context. The same can be said about any interview or Q&A, go hit the source material before you talk about it, or you'll look like a fool. Of course MMO-C could improve here, but not like thats going to happen, they've been like this for years now. Not sure why need to make every post blue with crappy formatting instead of just keeping the original.
    I just looked at the MMO-C post and it’s fine. He’s legit cherry picking to use it to bash Blizzard

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You haven't done some heroic warfront's then.
    I have, actually. Feels the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    This is absolutely not the point, it has completely gone over your head.

The point is that Blizzard think that a group of casual players (if they weren't casual they would already have it), can just walk into Heroic one day all at 445 ilvl and complete the whole thing in 2 hours. It's hilarious, most pugs that are way higher ilvl and have done it before can't even do that.
    The point went over your head. The 2 hours was regarding the cloak questline.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I didn't backtrack. Jesus, you just make up shit post to post. Once again, what makes the analogy bad is the suggestion of purchasing carries NOT the involvement of AoTC.
    And yet you don't disagree that AoTC is a PuG standard which was the crux of my point? Keep digging that hole sir.

It is fine. In this case though, I have.

----
    What are you going to make up next?
    Not really. You've proved you want to hand wave away arguments if they don't fit your narrative. If that's your idea of winning an argument I feel sorry for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I have, actually. Feels the same to me.
    At this point they should be pretty easy, yeah. But for the first several months when each one came out there were tons of fails/wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The point went over your head. The 2 hours was regarding the cloak questline.
    At this point even if we had a mod edit the original post to clarify what that 2 hour metric was about we'd still have people lapping this shit up. It's pretty depressing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    And yet you don't disagree that AoTC is a PuG standard which was the crux of my point? Keep digging that hole sir.
    I never said AoTC is not a PuG standard, correct. How if I never said something is that an indication of back tracking? Or digging a hole? Seriously, how does that make sense in your head. I mean, if I said AoTC is not a PuG standard and then said AoTC is a PuG standard that would be back tracking. However, I have not.

If the crux of your point was that "AoTC is a standard" that would have been fine. The problem with your analogy, again, wasn't that you suggested AoTC was a PuG standard but was the suggestion that Blizzard suggested people paying for it and that that was akin to Blizzard suggesting an ilvl. I've stated this multiple times.
    For reference:
    If Blizzard started being realistic and saying "For those without AoTC it is recommended to get boosted by a friend or purchase a raid boost" they'd be fucking crucified.
    You made that bad analogy. I've pointed out, a number times, how it is bad.

Not really. You've proved you want to hand wave away arguments if they don't fit your narrative. If that's your idea of winning an argument I feel sorry for you.
    The only thing I have hand waved away is when you've suggested I've said something I didn't (like the above comment about AoTC). Am I supposed to accept those misrepresentations? I don't think so.

Your reading comprehension is poor, very poor. And considering the quality of your analogy, your critical thinking skills are the same.

OP makes a good point and idiots are just "Hurr just buy it with gold". Damn this community is hot garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    When people aren't geared for content they will wipe. This is expected. That doesn't mean content is hard. Content remains hard if it has mechanics which gear can't overcome, which Heroic Warfronts really... don't.

That's why they feel the same now. Because they're just a health and damage boost. They literally ARE the same, just tuned for higher gear levels.
    Depends on your group. I ran a few with everyone near / at level cap at the time and still failed because they thought they could ignore different mechanics. The point was though that they are failable and still are. I've seen a couple normal warfronts still fail, even after the heroic one came out.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    OP makes a good point and idiots are just "Hurr just buy it with gold". Damn this community is hot garbage.
    Where do you think you are?

(The argument that the 2hrs refers to the cloak thing is valid, though. OP misread. That said, the claim that it's likely that you'll fairly easily find a group with ilvl 445 is just as laughable)

I never said AoTC is not a PuG standard, correct. How if I never said something is that an indication of back tracking? Or digging a hole? Seriously, how does that make sense in your head. I mean, if I said AoTC is not a PuG standard and then said AoTC is a PuG standard that would be back tracking. However, I have not.

If the crux of your point was that "AoTC is a standard" that would have been fine. The problem with your analogy, again, wasn't that you suggested AoTC was a PuG standard but was the suggestion that Blizzard suggested people paying for it and that that was akin to Blizzard suggesting an ilvl. I've stated this multiple times.
    For reference:

You made that bad analogy. I've pointed out, a number times, how it is bad.
    PuG standards are hilarious in the grand scheme of things, hence why I brought up AoTC. Multiple times I've stated that's the crux of my point but you want to fixate on this "buying run" aspect as some major point and ive clarified to you multiple times it isn't.

You haven't really attempted to make any discussion on the matter, just your handwaving away of things you don't want to discuss, hence the ridicule.

The only thing I have hand waved away is when you've suggested I've said something I didn't (like the above comment about AoTC). Am I supposed to accept those misrepresentations? I don't think so.

Your reading comprehension is poor, very poor. And considering the quality of your analogy, your critical thinking skills are the same.
    Sorry but it's a bit rich you bringing up reading comprehension when you've failed multiple times to understand my argument (even after I've clarified multiple times what its about).

But like I say you have no interest in discussion here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Where do you think you are?

(The argument that the 2hrs refers to the cloak thing is valid, though. OP misread. That said, the claim that it's likely that you'll fairly easily find a group with ilvl 445 is just as laughable)
    I think we can all agree easily finding a group with that ilvl is laughable but PuG standards are always tweaked to be path of least resistance.

I just don't think there's anything wrong with Blizzard putting down what they believe are minimum requirements for viability (even if it is an ideal situation).

7+ Year Old Account
    PuG standards are hilarious in the grand scheme of things, hence why I brought up AoTC. Multiple times I've stated that's the crux of my point but you want to fixate on this "buying run" aspect as some major point and ive clarified to you multiple times it isn't.
    Your bad analogy is what I called out.

You haven't really attempted to make any discussion on the matter, just your handwaving away of things you don't want to discuss, hence the ridicule.
    You keep saying this but you never back it up.

Sorry but it's a bit rich you bringing up reading comprehension when you've failed multiple times to understand my argument (even after I've clarified multiple times what its about).
    Nice, the ole I'm rubber you're glue retort.
    You've stated your point was mainly about AoTC. My point was that your analogy was bad, not because it included AoTC, but because it included the notion of blizzard suggesting players pay for carries/boosts. I never argued against the notion that AoTC wasn't appropriate in a general context. Again, reading comprehension... poor on your part. (Notice I provide an example each time I respond? Maybe not)

But like I say you have no interest in discussion here
    Talk about trying to hand wave away....
    I'm providing context and examples in each response. You, on the other hand, make up things I've said and ignore the crux of what I speak to.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    I can no longer commit to a raiding guild and hate the pugging world.

I just got the mount later in the expansion because it's easier to get that way.
    You still made it work.

I'm not saying that everyone should have AOTC and mount by now, but more closely too "if you want the mount before it runs out stop whinning get some free gear from m+ and go tag some nzoth". There's nothing wrong in being "late" to the party but to imply that pugs have been hard stuck on HC nzoth since it released is ludicrous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    This is gold:

I double dare someone who's been playing casually doing LFR, Mythics and WQs to form a pug in July 2020 to clear Heroic Ny'alotha and kill N'Zoth. In around 2 hours. Start to finish. Including forming a pug. That will be a laugh.
    I wonder if they even play their own game. They make it sound as easy as doing a Warfront.
    For a lot of guilds, it is as easy as doing warfronts. You do realize most guilds that have been raiding heroic all this time have it on farm, and is most likely going through/finished mythic already?

Cool mounts locked behind heroic mode raid bosses aren't meant for players that don't have the skill level to get it. Grow up.

Your bad analogy is what I called out.

You keep saying this but you never back it up.

Nice, the ole I'm rubber you're glue retort.
    You've stated your point was mainly about AoTC. My point was that your analogy was bad, not because it included AoTC, but because it included the notion of blizzard suggesting players pay for carries/boosts. I never argued against the notion that AoTC wasn't appropriate in a general context. Again, reading comprehension... poor on your part. (Notice I provide an example each time I respond? Maybe not)

Talk about trying to hand wave away....
    I'm providing context and examples in each response. You, on the other hand, make up things I've said and ignore the crux of what I speak to.
    Again there's nothing here you want to actually discuss, just how again you feel my points aren't relevant and silly judgements of me rather than the point.

If you dont want to input, don't. Makes no difference to me. But I'm putting a stopper in this as theres nothing on topic being discussed here.