Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have nothing against a Tinkerer class... I just have no interest in that kind of fantasy and would prefer most anything else. A Necromancer class also feels like a missed opportunity with Shadowlands and I would have preferred that over a Tinkerer. I won't be upset if Tinkerer ever gets added though. I just wouldn't be likely to ever play it.

3+ Year Old Account
    in warcraft 3 I always get pwned hard by Tinker rushes especially by Undead players, in DotA and DotA 2 I always get pwned hard by (may Elune forgive me for uttering this word Tinker mains; I don't want to be reminded of them

j/k Tinkers are really long overdue, they are the last ones that haven't had any official port to WoW alongside Alchemists, and you could make a support healing spec for Tinker via Alchemist
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Because there are around 20 classes that makes more sense and I (and probably others) would rather see implemented than tinker. Necromancer, Spellsword, Dark Ranger, Spellbreaker...; there are far more classes that are better than tinkerer: we have engineering for it, and i rather have an extension to it than a class around it. If they want, they could make Tinkerer an earnable spec from engineering, but it's own class? Nah.
    Necromancer = Unholy Death Knight (Army of the Dead)
    Dark Ranger = Marksman Hunter (Black Arrow)
    Spellbreaker and Warden = Demon Hunters... which incidentally can only be Night Elves and Blood Elves. (Imprison, Consume Magic, Blur)
    Not sure what a Spellsword is in Warcraft... I would have guessed they would be Spellbreakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'm just tired of hearing about them and I really do just dislike the name. I don't hate the idea of them being added.
    To be honest, the class would probably be called Mechanic or Machinist, with Tinker(er) being a name for one of the specs.

Just like what happened with the Monk class and the Brewmaster.

because nobody plays with them, since they are a very childish race, in addition to being hateful and they are very bad at all the transfigurations ... their theme itself is hateful, mechandry was very heavy ... and hateful ...

I do not think it is necessary in a tinker class that very few will play, there are classes with much more priority such as the dark ranger, warden, huntress / knight, blademaster, gladiator ...

Because they have no abilities if not using consumables , what? they conjure bombs out of thin air?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkers would be a awesome class, I'm tired of edgy shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Because they have no abilities if not using consumables , what? they conjure bombs out of thin air?
    Like Hunters with arrows/bullets and Grenades?

Or Rogues and their throwing knives and crimson vials?

Or Monks with their Kegs and their brews?

These arguments are getting ridiculous. At least attempt to be fair and not apply standards that other classes don't have to respect.

I gotta say, I don't really think a Tinker is a terrible idea really (being just a Gnome/Goblin thing is what's stupid). Mostly I hate Tinkers and Tinker threads because the usual suspects ALWAYS show up and turn an interesting thread/idea into a shit sandwich.

Case in point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    I gotta say, I don't really think a Tinker is a terrible idea really (being just a Gnome/Goblin thing is what's stupid). Mostly I hate Tinkers and Tinker threads because the usual suspects ALWAYS show up and turn an interesting thread/idea into a shit sandwich.

Case in point.
    Yes, because countering BS with facts turns a thread into a "shit sandwich".

Thanks for the contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes, because countering BS with facts turns a thread into a "shit sandwich".

Thanks for the contribution.
    Yes, "Facts". Not extrapolated opinions and personal interpretations. Also yes. Shit. Sandwich.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    Yes, "Facts". Not extrapolated opinions and personal interpretations. Also yes. Shit. Sandwich.
    Other classes using consumables as abilities is a fact.
    Professions not being effected by classes is a fact.
    The previous expansion classes having the same background as a Tinker is a fact.
    Goblins, Gnomes, and Mechagnomes having a heavy technology theme but no applicable technology class is a fact.
    Tinkers having abilities not found in any other classes is a fact.

Did I miss anything?

Tinker or Tinkererererererer? You decide.

Anyway, for the love of God, no more classes. Demon hunters are already profoundly redundant, and does anybody really care about monks at this stage?

I don't object to Tinkers as a class, I just don't get the obsessions with it. Just sounds like a very marmite class idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    I really don't understand a community that hates variety so much. A technical based class with steampunk vibes is usually a staple in many fantasy games and its a clear missing component in WoW despite the myriad of technologies the world offers. Yet anytime someone suggests a desire for the class or even comes up with creative ways to implement it half the community it seems nearly has a stroke with the amount of rage they bring.
    I mean in reality it doesn't have to be called tinkerer, but i do think the game would benefit from a class that embodies a mechanical steam punk type vibe.
    There are two kinds of players:
    1) Players, who think, that class identity > RP
    2) Players, who think, that class identity < RP

1st ones are boring people, who don't like super cool things, like dual guns!

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    They look at is as to goofy while the game has been that way since the very beginning. They'd rather want more edgy classes as apparently demon hunters didn't bring enough edgyness to the table.
    This. Ever notice how they hate everything that isn't seeping in edge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Tinker or Tinkererererererer? You decide.

Anyway, for the love of God, no more classes. Demon hunters are already profoundly redundant, and does anybody really care about monks at this stage?
    Demon Hunters were profoundly redundant because their design space was occupied by Warlocks and Rogues. Add to this the fact that Demon Hunters took an ability from an existing class in order to be viable.

Monks also felt redundant because they were an agility based class that used energy and a resource similar to Rogues. It also didn't help that both of these classes were melee when the community wanted a ranged class.

The Tinker won't have that problem. They won't take abilities from existing classes like Demon Hunters did, and they're not another agility-based melee class. They'll be ranged and use a theme that's largely absent within the current class lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The Tinker won't have that problem. They won't take abilities from existing classes like Demon Hunters did, and they're not another agility-based melee class. They'll be ranged and use a theme that's largely absent within the current class lineup.
    Demon Hunters are actively played by 4.9% of the population, which is very high for a new class. I don't see that as being a problem.

New gameplay isn't the singular thing that everyone wants to see out of a new class. I think the Demon Hunter somewhat proves this. The Demon Hunter shines because of its theme and aesthetic in the game.

That's why I think Class Skins are far superior to having to add a new class moving forward. Just have Blizzard focus on adding new Talents to spice up each class. Why settle with one class when we can have 3-10 new ones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Demon Hunters are actively played by 4.9% of the population, which is very high for a new class. I don't see that as being a problem.

New gameplay isn't the singular thing that everyone wants to see out of a new class. I think the Demon Hunter somewhat proves this. The Demon Hunter shines because of its theme and aesthetic in the game.

The quote I was responding to was complaining about how redundant the DH class felt, not about class population.

And based on multiple posts in multiple forums, people don’t want a new class taking abilities from existing classes, and they don’t want another melee class.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Tinkers would be a awesome class, I'm tired of edgy shit.
    Edgy shit SELLS!

Why do you think Monks are so unpopular? Old Kung-fu movies, words of wisdom, and a general whimsical theme, are not things that people enjoy these days.