Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    He not ded. A not implemented cut scene triggers @ 11% of his pre-patch fight.
    And do u know what usually happens in cinematics that are literally titled "Finale" like that one? Death. Nathanos is a goner.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    And do u know what usually happens in cinematics that are literally titled "Finale" like that one? Death. Nathanos is a goner.
    And what other Finale cinematic we had? It could be simply fight finale, not char finale. Also, Garrosh in SoO.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    It can be stretched a bit more tbh

Bastion: Paladins/Priests in general and overall Alliance. Maybe monks?
    Ardenweald: Any night elf or tauren character, druids and hunters in general. Monks maybe too.
    Maldraxxus: Warriors of any race/faction. DKs, and pretty much any class/race/faction that has "survival of the strongest" themes.
    Revendreth: I see Nightborne and Blood Elves fitting in the most, and maybe Rogues of any race/faction.

There's several ways to fit IMO.
    Monks feel like a huge stretch for Bastion, but I guess I can see it.

That's kind of what I was going for for Ardenwald, druid races. But yeah, hunters probably fit in there.

Maldraxxus is just weird on it's surface since it's the most militant but also like the most...Scourge? I kind of forgot DK's exist, I'll admit. Also Warlocks probably fit in there pretty well.

But Revendreth? No one makes sense for Revendreth. MAYBE disc priests since they're all penance and shit but...they're just such a weird covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I mean...it triggers at 11%...I think it's more likely he runs like a giant coward.

Visually the zones are limited and match up with other styles, but the lore wise the zones are much more broad. Think of it as a chance to match the personality of your character, not just class or race.

Bastion: Lawfully good

Ardenweald: Anyone who likes nature, so hunters, druids, shamans, herbalists, gardeners, farmers, hikers, pet collectors....

Maldraxxus: Anyone who likes to fight or live for something better,

Revendreth: Anyone who gets even, dishes tea, hands out just desserts, and people who do bad things so the good people can sleep safely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh god I can see it now, AU live Sylvanas leading an army out of the Sunwell to conquer Quel'thalas.
    What, again? Jeebus, leave that place alone! They still didn't fix that last Scourge Trip line (but hey, maybe some new Isle dailies? That would take me back!)
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-07-24 at 06:47 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

If we don't have half a dozen AUs, how can we then have an xpac about an Eternity War?
    The more alternate universes we have, the more likely that we have an alternate universe where no alternate universes exist.

WoD undone. Draenor is finally free.

7+ Year Old Account
    And in another universe Arthas realizes it's all a stupid video game, tells Mal'ganis to fuck off and leaves so he can bang Jaina in Stormwind while staying with his best bro Varian.
    So basically this:

3+ Year Old Account
    And in another universe Arthas realizes it's all a stupid video game, tells Mal'ganis to fuck off and leaves so he can bang Jaina in Stormwind while staying with his best bro Varian.
    And then he wakes up in his bed
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I fully think prepatch will happen in August but I'll concede the first or second week of September.

But I expect ptr testing to start within the next week.
    Read my response again. Blizzard adds +3 corruption resistance every week until September 9th when it will reach max value 125. Pre-patch removes corruption altogether. August pre-patch is not only unlikely, it's impossible.

Personally I expect it at least late September. And hoping for even later date, 4 weeks before launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    And then he wakes up in his bed
    Then who was Frostmourne???
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Read my response again. Blizzard adds +3 corruption resistance every week until September 9th when it will reach max value 125. Pre-patch removes corruption altogether. August pre-patch is not only unlikely, it's impossible.

Personally I expect it at least late September. And hoping for even later date, 4 weeks before launch.
    We'll see. I stand by what I said.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

I also said that it could be the first or second week of September.
    Last edited by gunner_recall; 2020-07-24 at 07:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    With Tiffin?
    With Varian.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    With Varian.
    In fact, forget Tiffin.

Wrote about this in a different thread but just thought about this while talking with my wife today. Getting gear in beta feels really good. I don't think I had really realized how overly saturated with mountains of garbage loot we are in BFA. I'm pretty much always of the opinion that the next expansion will come when it comes, and I never really yearn for it. But getting gear in the beta feels so good, I've almost begun to ache for SL to drop, the loot being loot with less of it just awesome. I'm actually really bummed when my wife wants to play beta (it's her NA account that got in) and I have to go back to live. THere really isn't a single piece of gear I can get on live right now that will feel as good as getting stuff in SL.

I wish I could articulate a bit more detail here, but it's a really hard feeling to describe. It honestly reminds me of the first month of WoD, when you could get a really good item from completing a challenge mode daily or weekly or whatever. It just feels better, and I think a lot of people are sleeping on this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn this new raid looks good:

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean...it triggers at 11%...I think it's more likely he runs like a giant coward.
    Or it's Tyrande kill stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Not entirely true. They did some last minute reshuffling in BfA beta, giving us some legion abilities like Frostwrym's Fury, Phoenix Flames, Apocalypse and Wake of Ashes. These were also direly needed after they stripped everything else good away.
    Most of those went into the talent tree my dude. Not on new rows either. They went in on existing rows. Turning those rows into dead rows.

Covenants are weird in their distribution in the first place, if you wanna go off of what like...fits and what makes sense instead of "fuck it, it's cool so I like it"

Like...Bastion? Feels pretty Alliance. Nothing really feels Horde tho.

Ardenwald? Druid party time but it doesn't really fit other classes.

Maldraxxus? Forsaken fit there because zombies but other races would have to stretch fitting in there.

Revendreth? Fits NOTHING.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he's saying Uther for the Alliance, Kael for the Horde.
    Respectfully i think its just a lack of creativity on the players parts. I didnt jhave to have my characteds identify with the valakire, or argent crusade or arrakoa to like helping them. A warlock helping ardenweld is no different than helping the druids of valsharah

And i can think of a way most classes can fit any, it helps to think about what the covenants represent, not what they look like.

Like just cus bastion is full of metal and blue, and your orc wears red paint and leathers doesnt mean they are going to ignore the fact bastion is about guiding spirits into a mew purpose. Its basically their ancestor worship reversed, and how so many orcs would love the chsnce to protect and fight enemies in order to protect fledgling souls. Their warrior and shaman culture is fitting
    Last edited by tristannarutofan; 2020-07-25 at 01:11 AM.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    So I guess you just skipped out on Legion right? I mean we had pretty much anoverhaul for every spec in the game in 7.0...
    LOL.

Legion was the biggest gutting the game has ever received. Specs are unrecognizable and no, the general consensus is they're not "better". Even Blizzard agrees they went too far.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    LOL.

Legion was the biggest gutting the game has ever received. Specs are unrecognizable and no, the general consensus is they're not "better". Even Blizzard agrees they went too far.
    Respectfully, Artifact Weapons and Mage Tower were some of the best spec-specific gameplay ever introduced.