10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    He immediately admitted he screwed up. Yet you act like this is a big fucking deal. And then go on to call me a "deplorable" for defending him and not getting my panties in a bunch about it? That's rich.

Your ilk is so fucked up in the head that it isn't even funny anymore...it's fucking sad.
    So trump can correct himself somewhat swiftly on getting an historical fact blatantly incorrect while he attempts to lob platitudes at veterans... but it still takes him six months to correct his position of wether people should wear face masks or not.

Was trump just misreading a TelePrompter on the coronavirus this whole time?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    He immediately admitted he screwed up.
    Why don't you and @lockedout have a discussion on the topic?

You seem to be defending as making one or two misstatements and therefore not a big deal.

He seems to be attacking Biden for making one or two misstatements.

Either he's right, and you must therefore agree that Trump is just as bad or worse, given the 3 1/2 years of evidence on the subject.

Or, you're right, and lockedout must apologize and retract his statement about Biden.

Or the two of you could agree there's a double standard that protects Trump and attacks Biden.

24 hours is the usual rule. You know the rules -- if you fail to even attempt to do this, I get to decide the answer for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the other was an admitted gaffe where he misread his teleprompter. It appears that Dontrike needs to take that test!
    After eight years of Republicans ripping into Obama for even using a teleprompter, you'd excuse Trump's gaffes with one? Like now it's okay to use a teleprompter, you massive hypocrite?

And no, in no fucking world, does a teleprompter, or anything else, give reasonable excuse for claiming the Continental Army tried to take fucking airports.
    Putin khuliyo

Given how many times Trump has screwed up mentally and the fact he's had to take tests for dementia, you'd think that would disqualify him from controlling a nuclear arsenal.

He immediately admitted he screwed up. Yet you act like this is a big fucking deal. And then go on to call me a "deplorable" for defending him and not getting my panties in a bunch about it? That's rich.

Your ilk is so fucked up in the head that it isn't even funny anymore...it's fucking sad.
    Some would say supporting a pathological liar who has presided over 150k deaths, massive corruption, probably pee pee tapes and bragging that he can identify an elephant in a cognitive test is fucked up.

But hey, standards and all.

And oh look, he didnt admit he screwed up. Liar.

You are so "deligitimatize" at this point i don't even know what to say?

AsBadidizziz as you are, Trump is even worse

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    You are so "deligitimatize" at this point i don't even know what to say?

AsBadidizziz as you are, Trump is even worse
    Thanks, I hadn't seen most of those. Largely because I can't stand listening to him. His voice is is just aggravating.

I laughed out loud, only to realize at the end how sad this actually is.

"Bipartiss Solucius". That sounds like Latin. Someone should check the oranges of those words.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Trump admin is trying to wreck the post office just in time for the upcoming November election, I bet there's going to be a lot of mail in ballots that don't make it in time.

Trump-backed postmaster general plans to slow mail delivery

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    The Trump admin is trying to wreck the post office just in time for the upcoming November election, I bet there's going to be a lot of mail in ballots that don't make it in time.

Trump-backed postmaster general plans to slow mail delivery
    I fully expect states that have default mail-in voting to sue, honestly. There's no way this can't be interpreted as anything but blatant electoral manipulation.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    "U.S. District Court Judge Michael Mosman said the state lacked standing to sue on behalf of protesters."

Yeah, the American legal system continues to be a make-believe pastiche of common law and apartheid.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    After eight years of Republicans ripping into Obama for even using a teleprompter, you'd excuse Trump's gaffes with one? Like now it's okay to use a teleprompter, you massive hypocrite?

And no, in no fucking world, does a teleprompter, or anything else, give reasonable excuse for claiming the Continental Army tried to take fucking airports.
    Tell me something about hypocrisy...do you have a reasonable excuse for Obama saying there were 57 States?
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Tell me something about hypocrisy...do you have a reasonable excuse for Obama saying there were 57 States?
    A simple screw up. Look, everyone makes them, problem is that Trump says he's the smartest person ever and makes no mistakes. No other president has done that nor said as many stupid fucking things as Trump.

Like injecting disinfectant, getting light into the body, trying to clean lungs, windmills cause cancer, unemployment at 42%, that he's the chosen one, wanting to sell Puerto Rico, thinking that passing a cognitive test means he's a genius, thinking a tax cut during a booming economy would help things, hundreds of others, but the one that sticks out the most is that a wall would stop all drugs and immigrants getting in.

If you can find Obama saying hundreds of things like that than you win the thread, until then though these little "but what about" attempts are tired and lame.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Man, Obama had an occasional gaffe, the horror.

Meanwhile, Trump can't get through a prepared speech without at least multiple problems reading and pronouncing words correctly and routinely goes off on tangents about how nobody knew that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican or how you pay a little bit into your health insurance every month and cash it out when you're old and need it. Because he thought (and may still think) that health insurance is life insurance.

You really don't wanna go down this road, bucko.

10+ Year Old Account
    What, you've never heard of Massatucky, site of the infamous Bowling Green Massacre?

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    A simple screw up. Look, everyone makes them, problem is that Trump says he's the smartest person ever and makes no mistakes. No other president has done that nor said as many stupid fucking things as Trump.
    Thanks for your back-handed admission of your hypocrisy...and sharing your pathetic low resolution rationalization used to justify it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He misspoke and owned up to it. Even made fun of himself. He was rightly called out for the gaff at the time though. This really isn’t the gotcha you think it is.
    Trump also admitted his mistake and owned up to it. I fail to see any material difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, Obama had an occasional gaffe, the horror.

Meanwhile, Trump can't get through a prepared speech without at least multiple problems reading and pronouncing words correctly and routinely goes off on tangents about how nobody knew that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican or how you pay a little bit into your health insurance every month and cash it out when you're old and need it. Because he thought (and may still think) that health insurance is life insurance.

You really don't wanna go down this road, bucko.
    If you have a serious issue with gaffes...Joe Biden is bound to disappoint you. Surely you know this.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a serious issue with gaffes...Joe Biden is bound to disappoint you. Surely you know this.
    The fact that even then he's still several orders of magnitude better than the alternative is very telling, then.

No one really cares if a politician mixes up a word. Everyone does it.

Trump routinely says dumb shit that he honestly believes.

Actually he didn't ever admit a mistake. He blamed the teleprompter "going out", which has never been confirmed by anyone other than Trump -

However, he didn't acknowledge this part of his speech that was objectively wrong, either -

"In June of 1775, the Continental Congress created a unified Army out of the Revolutionary Forces encamped around Boston and New York, and named after the great George Washington, commander in chief," Trump said during his address Thursday — although the army was not named after Washington. It then got stranger.
    Again, context matters. Gaffes and flubs happen to everyone, including whoever is president. They're excusable for the most part. But the frequency, severity, and nature of Trump's "gaffes", which often include outright lies and completely absurd nonsense, is unique to Trump.

Do you covfefe me?