10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Actually he didn't ever admit a mistake. He blamed the teleprompter "going out", which has never been confirmed by anyone other than Trump -
    However, he didn't acknowledge this part of his speech that was objectively wrong, either -
    If someone actually finds me an instance of Trump admitting personal culpability for anything that went wrong without trying to deflect blame I will eat my jockstrap.

It won't happen because we have a clinical psychologist saying Trump is psychologically incapable of doing so, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Tell me something about hypocrisy...do you have a reasonable excuse for Obama saying there were 57 States?
    The fact that this is the go-to line about Obama slipping up shows you just how few gaffes he had over the course of about 10 years.

Contrast that with Trump, who says dumb shit at such a rapid rate, most of his idiotic statements are quickly forgotten because every day there's at least a few new pieces of dumb shit that come out of his mouth that people have to make room for.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump also admitted his mistake and owned up to it. I fail to see any material difference.
    This is just a straight-up lie. He did not admit his mistake.

If you have a serious issue with gaffes...Joe Biden is bound to disappoint you. Surely you know this.
    I don't think anyone has a serious issue with gaffes. People have a serious issue with stupidity. Learn the difference.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump also admitted his mistake and owned up to it. I fail to see any material difference.
    No, really, he didn't. Do you know what he said, a day later?

From the official WhiteHouse.gov transcript:
    Q Will you make it an annual event, based on your experience last night?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I can just tell you, those people that you see — there’s a lot of people in front of the White House — every one of them loved it. I would actually say — and I want to sort of give a little appreciation — the media, generally speaking, loved it. They loved the evening.

We had a lot of rain. I stood in the rain. The teleprompter went out, so I had —

Q Is that what happened with the airport comment in the Revolutionary War?

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah, the teleprompter went out. It kept going on. And then, at the end, it just went out. It went kaput. So I could have said — and, actually, right in the middle of that sentence, it went out. And that’s not a good feeling, when you’re standing in front of millions of millions of people on television, and — I don’t know what the final count was, but that went all the way back to the Washington Monument. And I guess the rain knocked out the teleprompter.

So — but, no, it’s not that. I knew the speech very well, so I was able to do it without a teleprompter. But the teleprompter did go out. And it was actually hard to look at anyway because there was rain all over it.

But, despite the rain, that was just a fantastic evening. I think people really had it. And I think a lot of people — you know, it was really a recruitment situation. A lot of people are going to be going our Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard.
    So no. He throws some blame, as he always does, but he never actually owns up to the mistake. Even check out the bolded for the ridiculous claim.

If you have a serious issue with gaffes...Joe Biden is bound to disappoint you.
    Biden's gaffes don't come ANYWHERE NEAR the massive level of stupidity seen on a regular basis from Trump.

So, again, no, I'd find Biden rather a refreshing change, all in all.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me something about hypocrisy...do you have a reasonable excuse for Obama saying there were 57 States?
    Wow. One gaffe.

Compared to Trump's constant deluge? You do realize FREQUENCY is a factor to this right?
    Putin khuliyo

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Wow. One gaffe.

Compared to Trump's constant deluge? You do realize FREQUENCY is a factor to this right?
    I was putting one specific gaffe in perspective...one gaffe. Wow.

Joe Biden is a gaffe machine...so if you have a problem with FREQUENCY, you're in for a rude awaking...assuming such a thing is possible with you.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account

Joe Biden is a gaffe machine...so if you have a problem with FREQUENCY, you're in for a rude awaking...assuming such a thing is possible with you.
    Just gonna point out that getting pissy over gaffes while there’s actual paramilitary forces in the streets and people are dying en masse of plague kinda reeks of late stage dying empire energy where the nobility gets their knickers in a twist over generals bowing correctly or whether or not the proles are obeying the sumptuary laws and not slandering the king.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account

And Joe Biden is far more coherent than Trump.
    Putin khuliyo

Y'all having fun playing with the troll? Cool.

78,009 new cases today; a new record.

Florida: 12,444 new cases; 133 deaths
    California: 10,593 new cases; 135 deaths
    Texas: 8,552 new cases; 170 deaths (and there is now discussion of LITERAL death panels to decide who can be saved)
    Georgia: 4,813 new cases (new record); 82 deaths
    Arizona: 3,357 new cases; 79 deaths
    North Carolina: 2,353 new cases; 29 deaths
    Tennessee: 2,091 new cases; 13 deaths
    Louisiana: 2,084 new cases; 30 deaths
    South Carolina: 2,001 new cases; 51 deaths
    Alabama: 1,793 new cases; 41 deaths
    Mississippi: 1,610 new cases; 27 deaths
    Illinois: 1,599 new cases; 17 deaths
    Ohio: 1,561 new cases; 38 deaths
    Missouri: 1,430 new cases (just one fewer than their high); 10 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 1,189 new cases; 19 deaths
    Virginia: 1,127 new cases; 13 deaths
    Wisconsin: 1,018 new cases; No deaths reported
    Indiana: 996 new cases (new record); 4 deaths

Every day there are new records set and there STILL isn't any real visible decline in cases anywhere with the possible exception of Arizona. The longer this keeps up the longer we can expect to see deaths totalling more than 1k each day. Speaking of which, 1,141 today bringing the total to 148,490. It's pretty much a certainty that the US will pass 150k cases in the next 3 days (owing to the weekend lull). ACTIVE cases has skyrocketed to over 2 million. At the end of May it seemed as if the US was finally on the mend as ACTIVE cases were slowly coming down from around 1.2 million. Haha, how naïve. *sigh*

Use your time wisely, guys. Maybe start by not continually engaging a known disingenuous troll for several pages who keeps repeating an obvious and easily countered lie.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    What else am I going to do while the raid leader is giving instructions to the new guys that I know by heart?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

78,009 new cases today; a new record.

Florida: 12,444 new cases; 133 deaths
    California: 10,593 new cases; 135 deaths
    Texas: 8,552 new cases; 170 deaths (and there is now discussion of LITERAL death panels to decide who can be saved)
    Georgia: 4,813 new cases (new record); 82 deaths
    Arizona: 3,357 new cases; 79 deaths
    North Carolina: 2,353 new cases; 29 deaths
    Tennessee: 2,091 new cases; 13 deaths
    Louisiana: 2,084 new cases; 30 deaths
    South Carolina: 2,001 new cases; 51 deaths
    Alabama: 1,793 new cases; 41 deaths
    Mississippi: 1,610 new cases; 27 deaths
    Illinois: 1,599 new cases; 17 deaths
    Ohio: 1,561 new cases; 38 deaths
    Missouri: 1,430 new cases (just one fewer than their high); 10 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 1,189 new cases; 19 deaths
    Virginia: 1,127 new cases; 13 deaths
    Wisconsin: 1,018 new cases; No deaths reported
    Indiana: 996 new cases (new record); 4 deaths

Every day there are new records set and there STILL isn't any real visible decline in cases anywhere with the possible exception of Arizona. The longer this keeps up the longer we can expect to see deaths totalling more than 1k each day. Speaking of which, 1,141 today bringing the total to 148,490. It's pretty much a certainty that the US will pass 150k cases in the next 3 days (owing to the weekend lull). ACTIVE cases has skyrocketed to over 2 million. At the end of May it seemed as if the US was finally on the mend as ACTIVE cases were slowly coming down from around 1.2 million. Haha, how naïve. *sigh*

Use your time wisely, guys. Maybe start by not continually engaging a known disingenuous troll for several pages who keeps repeating an obvious and easily countered lie.

Stay safe, folks.
    I'll raise you https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/us/te...rus/index.html

Texas hospital so overwhelmed, they are sending severe patients home to die.

wonder how the death panels are being decided.

Also another building burnt down...

Phoenix Fire tells NBC News that the overnight fire that destroyed most of the AZ Democratic Party’s HQ is being investigated as arson.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    I'll raise you https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/us/te...rus/index.html

Texas hospital so overwhelmed, they are sending severe patients home to die.
    "Unfortunately, Starr County Memorial Hospital has limited resources and our doctors are going to have to decide who receives treatment, and who is sent home to die by their loved ones," Starr County Judge Eloy Vera wrote in a Facebook post on Thursday. "This is what we did not want our community to experience."
    So...death panels? I know, it's a shitty thing to joke about, but Christ's sake...has there been anything they warned would happen under Obama that hasn't happened under Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Already mentioned that. Look next to Texas' numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    So...death panels? I know, it's a shitty thing to joke about, but Christ's sake...has there been anything they warned would happen under Obama that hasn't happened under Trump?
    Weren't they saying that Obama would take everyone's guns?

Inb4 they start sending out feds to confiscate Portland resident's guns. I'm sure the right wing response will be "well if they didn't want their guns taken they shouldn't have been in a city where protests were happening; it gives Trump the RIGHT to take their guns away."

We will literally have come full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    What else am I going to do while the raid leader is giving instructions to the new guys that I know by heart?
    You can tell he's not serious because he just responds to Trump's gaffes, rather than addressing the myriad of other issues also being brought up.

Here, let me simulate how any subsequent conversation will go with the person in question:

"Trump constantly fucks up his speeches and has completely mishandled the Coronavirus, leading to the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans"

"Oh you're getting on Trump for messing up speeches? Jeesh you liberal cucks will get pissy about everything!"

"He messes up constantly, and you're still failing to mention the coronavirus"

"BIDEN makes TONS of gaffes! Therefore you're a HYPOCRITE if you hate Trump's screw ups!"

"But Trump has made so many more gaffes than Biden, and even now Trump continues to fail to get behind a coronavirus response!"

"Look, look here, look at this thing Biden said four months ago, it PROVES he's deranged!"

"And states are continuing to hit record high infected rates, while Trump has just NOW acknowledged that people should wear masks, something health officials said months ago when he was still trying to pass the whole thing off as a liberal conspiracy, or being merely one person from China."

And then, once no remaining angle for him to bitch about trivial nonsense regarding Biden can be found, he simply ignores the post and looks for some other one to respond to.

This isn't the Biden discussion thread. It's the Trump discussion thread.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-07-25 at 02:40 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Just gonna point out that getting pissy over gaffes while there’s actual paramilitary forces in the streets and people are dying en masse of plague kinda reeks of late stage dying empire energy where the nobility gets their knickers in a twist over generals bowing correctly or whether or not the proles are obeying the sumptuary laws and not slandering the king.
    That usually doesnt end well for the ruling class...or anyone else, honestly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    wonder how the death panels are being decided.

Also another building burnt down...
    God they're not even pretending to not emulate the nazis.
    This or they're really desperate
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    texas dosent have to go blue, all GOP has to do is stop with the ethno nationalism stuff that wins them the midwest
    traditional conservatives poll waaay better in texas than trump is. But it seems trumpism is something the GOP will never abandon
    Too late I think. Trump won TX by 9 pts. in 2016. Cruz beat Beto by 214,921 votes in 2018. Since then TX urban areas have kept moving left and its rural areas population kept declining.

Then the pandemic hit. Here is Abbot current popularity.

Meanwhile TX oil counties, which are GOP strongholds, are hollowing out with no end in sight.

Schlumberger Layoffs: SLB to Cut 21,000 Jobs Amid Oil Woes

Out of four of the largest US states, two are safe Democratic states, and two are now battleground states.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-07-25 at 03:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Out of four of the largest US states, two are safe Democratic states, and two are now battleground states.
    I would love to believe that Texas could threaten to turn blue, I REALLY do... but I'm not getting my hopes up that high.

While I think the overall narrative of "the silent majority supports TRUMP!" is untrue across the nation, I don't think it's necessarily untrue in Texas. Those red roots run deep, and I'm sure the hillbillies will come crawling out to vote for their pumpkin king come november.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Trump doubling down on his threat to suburbanites that Biden will unleash the unwashed urban masses on them and ruin their property values, lol. He did the same exact thing recently in a rose garden speech, only it wasn't as blunt. This is what happens when you are incompetent yourself and have banished all the smart people around you. So stupid.

We live in a country where PAW Patrol is fact-checking the White House.

Let that sink in.

My five year old is more informed actually watching PAW Patrol than if she watched WH press briefings.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    We live in a country where PAW Patrol is fact-checking the White House.

Let that sink in.

My five year old is more informed actually watching PAW Patrol than if she watched WH press briefings.
    This is why it honestly mystifies why certain political “viewpoints” are treated with any degree of seriousness by moderators on social media and the internet in general because like... there is no way any reasonable person could continue to support a regime like this. Unless you have like a direct stake in being able to benefit monetarily from Trump and his cronies’ looting of the republic at large there is no rational reason to express support for it besides stating controversial opinions in order to get a reaction.

Or they actually believe this sort of nonsense in which case they should be gotten rid of with the QAnon folks and Graham Linehan.