Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    not really because you get the cloak before you enter any horrific vision
    sure if you wanna be that literal about it. but then you can also argue that unlocking the zones and assaults isn't part of the cloak quest, and then the whole cloak quest only takes 30 minutes orso! and blizz thought it would take 2 hours!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    sure if you wanna be that literal about it. but then you can also argue that unlocking the zones and assaults isn't part of the cloak quest, and then the whole cloak quest only takes 30 minutes orso! and blizz thought it would take 2 hours!
    again, you're wrong. https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/worl...egendary-cloak

starts with 'The Unwelcome Advisor' or 'Return of the Black Prince' and ends after the BWD scenario when you get your leggo cloak from Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    Community perception is that you out gear the content and rather skip doing the bosses mechanicly correct.

When Blizzard suggests 445 is because they assume people are interested in the doing the mechanics of the fight correctly.

Its not Blizzard which is out of touch, its the community.
    This is almost always the correct answer for any topic concerning Blizzard being out of touch.

Community perception is that you out gear the content and rather skip doing the bosses mechanicly correct.

When Blizzard suggests 445 is because they assume people are interested in the doing the mechanics of the fight correctly.

Well Blizzard has lowered the failure rate repeatedly over the last 10 years to the point where you needn't talk with other people to complete all but the most challenging of encounters. People have been taught by the game that gear is the answer to all their problems when really, they would be much better off learning how to get more out of the character instead.

2 hours to clear Nyalotha on 10+ 445 players who have experience with the raid & decent class knowledge? I can buy that. 2 hours to kill just Nzoth in a pug comprised totally of first timers on Nzoth with mixed levels of skills? I highly, highly doubt it.

Careful, sonny, we the people here at MMO-C don't much appreciate the implication that we could ever be wrong or unreasonable, or that any ounce of our seething vitriol toward Blizzard is at all misplaced or undeserved. *spits on ground*

We're intellectuals, yknow. The community's always right.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    yeah, you could also do it at 280ilvl, but that would be a really stupid thing for blizzard to suggest, wouldnt it? Dont be so disingenuous, its a bad look.
    That is not an argument. And has nothing to do with what I said.

445 is the item level where people won't immediately leave when they see you. Enough to make yourself a "boost".
    Because at this point, a tons of 470+ ilvl people will sign up. This is minus 15 ilvls from heroic rewards and I have done so in the past.

It is absolutely possible and not even hard.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Well Blizzard has lowered the failure rate repeatedly over the last 10 years to the point where you needn't talk with other people to complete all but the most challenging of encounters. People have been taught by the game that gear is the answer to all their problems when really, they would be much better off learning how to get more out of the character instead.

2 hours to clear Nyalotha on 10+ 445 players who have experience with the raid & decent class knowledge? I can buy that. 2 hours to kill just Nzoth in a pug comprised totally of first timers on Nzoth with mixed levels of skills? I highly, highly doubt it.
    Do you even read the first page of posts or only OP’s one? Gonna say it again: the 2 hour timeframe HAS NOTHING to do with the raid; it is the estimated time to finish the cloak questline.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Are u complaining that you have to put in time/effort into getting something cool?
    Nah, sounds more like they are complaining because whatever intern they paid to write this up just took a guesstimate for completion time instead of some hard data deep dive and that somehow effected their day.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    whatever intern they paid to write this up just took a guesstimate for completion time
    Completion time of what, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Adala View Post
    Not about luck. Have high ilvl, join group that wants to kill nzoth and has a high ilvl requirements to join. Done.
    I've been in AOTC 470+ groups who wipe to Wrathion.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Yeah Blizzard has never been wrong or been out of touch with the community ever, they are and have always been perfect, hail Blizzard!

/s
    If a dev designs a game to be done a certain way. The community decides otherwise. It is the community that is out of touch of the game design and therefore are wrong.

last i checked the community seemed more retarded than blizzard tbh... have you not heard the memes?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post
    very easy to find a guild who willing bring u in for gold (its heroic not mythic).and also could try a good premade pug cross realm via forums.heroic can go up to 30ppl. 2months ago maybe not so easy but now a day is doable
    ya i had to do this. (because my work life schedule will not allow me to be apart of a raid guild) and all i had to do was enter the raid, hit the boss a few times, jump off the side and lay dead until the boss was defeated and boom got the mount. though it cost me 80k gold. but i think it was worth it. for me anyways.

/shrugs

Ill just farm it once its gone legacy, I just cant be fucked with raid based mounts anymore.

Might be the 350 other mounts I have and the fact I usually only use two of them at most and both are engineering ones lol.

only mount I have accepted as never owning is the Long Boi, I still dont understand why they need to remove it rather than keep it at its current price (even if they removed its AH function), Id love to have it still there as something I can work towards in the long term.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2020-07-27 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    ya i had to do this. (because my work life schedule will not allow me to be apart of a raid guild) and all i had to do was enter the raid, hit the boss a few times, jump off the side and lay dead until the boss was defeated and boom got the mount. though it cost me 80k gold. but i think it was worth it. for me anyways.
    you didn't. You wanted to do it because you didn't want to put in the effort to go with a pug.

These mounts are basically participating trophy in the expansion while they are most current, with a minimal amount of work.

If you missed out on it because you are a cyclical quitter or because you refuse to participate in group content to that extent, I don't think you should get it.

But yeah, I am probably fine with them putting it on BMAH like all other near-extinct mounts and items.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    you didn't. You wanted to do it because you didn't want to put in the effort to go with a pug.
    yeah, although 80k is probably worth it for the amount of potential headache saved in a bad group or time investment trying to get into a decent one.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    This is gold:

I double dare someone who's been playing casually doing LFR, Mythics and WQs to form a pug in July 2020 to clear Heroic Ny'alotha and kill N'Zoth. In around 2 hours. Start to finish. Including forming a pug. That will be a laugh.
    I wonder if they even play their own game. They make it sound as easy as doing a Warfront.
    Considering I've been able to do that for the end boss of every Expansion since Cataclysm I don't see your point. If anything the Corruption mechanic makes it even easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    /shrugs

Ill just farm it once its gone legacy, I just cant be fucked with raid based mounts anymore.
    It disappears at pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Considering I've been able to do that for the end boss of every Expansion since Cataclysm I don't see your point. If anything the Corruption mechanic makes it even easier.

- - - Updated - - -

It disappears at pre-patch.
    /Shrugs

Still cant be fucked with it even knowing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    I triple dare you to go back to that article and read it again. In around 2 hours. Start to finish. Including reading the context of things like the 2 hours mentioned. That will be a laugh.

For everyone else: The 2 hours mentioned is the estimated time to get the cloak. The 2 hours is mentioned in relations to the cloak, in a seperate box from the rest of the article. The 2 hours is NOT Blizzard's estimation of how long the raid will take to pug.

Thank you for solving the thread. Cheers.

You can't farm Uncorrupted Voidwing after the expansion launches as it is a AotC mount for the final raid which always goes away at the end of the expansion.

only mount I have accepted as never owning is the Long Boi, I still dont understand why they need to remove it rather than keep it at its current price (even if they removed its AH function), Id love to have it still there as something I can work towards in the long term.
    According to the update they did to the article it looks like the Bronto will be on the BMAH if you were ever able to raise the funds to purchase it.