10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Why does it have to be a black woman?
    Because representation solves issues storm troopers can’t.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    This had been done after the primary season.
    So you're saying Representatives should only care about their constituents during primary season?

I dunno..... It's almost like that was a nonsense post. Damn you're beating me on low number of post per year.

Karen Bass is a political nobody who has the same problem as Kamala: coming from L.A. County in a state Dems are going to win easily. Except she has a much smaller profile than Kamala. Name recognition-wise, it would be a silly pick. Especially over Tammy Duckworth or Val Demings (who is also a black Congresswoman, from a battleground state, and has some national profile).

That has zero to do with what was said. The poster who had made a comment on here claimed Our Revolution didn't have a Women of color as a VP pick. Cleary what they said was wrong.

It would be better for Biden's VP pick to secure his base instead of repeating the mistake of 2016 and getting a more conservative or corporate VP pick. IMHO
    I disagree with the bolded part. Tim Kaine was a mistake, Hillary did need a more progressive voice on the ticket. As long as Biden keeps Warren and Bernie close and on the campaign trail, he shouldn't need it. His main goals are to get Independents on his side - something Trump won in 2016 by a much larger margin than "progressives lost" by not voting or throwing their vote away for Russian puppet Jill Stein. The primaries showed that the progressive base isn't strong enough to wield any power, as they couldn't even get Bernie the nomination.

The political calculus is that progressives, after 4 years of Trump, will hold their nose and vote for Biden. I know that that's pretty much the same calculation made in 2016, but Biden is far more palatable than Hillary, despite being more centrist, because of his white maleness and the dumb, false conspiracies not hounding him for 30 years (only 1 year).

His main needs are someone who is 1) young, and 2) ready to step into the Presidency, considering his age.

Never gets old people taking part of my sentence and cutting off all context in order to misrepresent what I said.

However to answer your false question not based in what I actually said. , There is proof that most represent don't reflect their constituents views. M4A has a vast majority support among DEM voters, but it's still considered too radical among Democratic Reps who use Orwellian terms like "affordable healthcare". Or if that isn,t enough I got other sources below. .

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...ocracy/550931/
    Fuck off. You don't give a rats ass about M4A. If you cared about people having healthcare, you would be voting against trump who is actively trying to remove 10's of millions from having it. Your bullshit is obvious bro.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-07-25 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Minor Flaming

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Fuck off. You don't give a rats ass about M4A. If you cared about people having healthcare, you would be voting against trump who is actively trying to remove 10's of millions from having it. Your bullshit is obvious bro.
    The Marianne Williamson supporter fails to mention that when asked if abolishing private insurance (the M4A they're talking about) vs having a government run public option, the Sanders M4A plan loses badly to a public option.

10+ Year Old Account
    loses Badly? Citation needed,

Odd you skipped over the part if they get to kep thier medical providers. No worries I got you.

https://morningconsult.com/2019/07/0...roviders-stay/

Al of which ignores the fact that even Bidens plan wouldn't cover everyone and could actually set up a class style health care system and one that can be continuallly attack much like Medicare and Social Security with attempts to cut them.

https://theintercept.com/2020/01/13/...cial-security/
    "Oh no, Biden might instate a plan that could allow people to cut funds from universal healthcare!"

"Trump wants to not only not have universal healthcare of any form, but actively cut health insurance protections period. He's actively been doing that."

"...But but but Biden MIGHT do it!"

I really don't know what your angle here is. You seem to be hellbent on assuring people that Biden is just the wrong choice for progressives, but like... it's him or Trump. There's no third person in the running here.

So really, any comparison you're making is pointless if it's between Biden or Bernie, or Biden and some Danish politician, or is graphing Biden's "progressiveness" on some global scale that proves that "oh, well, actually *pushes up glasses* you can see on the chart that Obama was really center-right when compared to the global scale of left-to-right wing candidates!"

Any comparison you need draw about policy... is between Biden and Trump. Any other comparison at this stage of the game is just noise.

And boy, does Biden sure look good when looking at his only actual competition.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-07-25 at 06:12 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You realise that many people on those shows were lifelong republicans right? Many of them were literally part of the bush administration and would still be republicans if republicans didn't move from being relatively normal as they were prior to 2007, to straight up being a fascist party.
    Neocons (like the Bushes) are democrats that hate the antiwar camp of the democratic party so they switched to the GOP. Trump is a Jacksonian Nationalist which is the GOP camp that hates foreign wars. The neocons like Bush and his cronies all jumped ship to the democratic party in 2016 because they want foreign wars and know Trump won't give it to them. A civil war doesn't interest them either because that would be risky instead of war for profit.

You are literally championing the neocons.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Neocons (like the Bushes) are democrats that hate the antiwar camp of the democratic party so they switched to the GOP. Trump is a Jacksonian Nationalist which is the GOP camp that hates foreign wars. The neocons like Bush and his cronies all jumped ship to the democratic party in 2016 because they want foreign wars and know Trump won't give it to them. A civil war doesn't interest them either because that would be risky instead of war for profit.

You are literally championing the neocons.
    Its like getting a history lesson from Hubcap.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Its like getting a history lesson from Hubcap.
    The reason the Bushes and their cronies are supporting Biden is because they think a Biden presidency will lead to foreign wars and more war for profit.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason the Bushes and their cronies are supporting Biden is because they think a Biden presidency will lead to foreign wars and more war for profit.
    How much money would Trump corporation lose in a civil war? Do you think Trump tower and the shit tone of property Trump owns in NYC, will go to the people?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Trump used to be all about the Democrats until it became clear they wouldn't give him a platform for his presidential election.
    How did GOP give him a platform?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Doubt that
    GWBs support isn't enthusiastic, lukewarm really, and I see no interest in wars.

roflmao yes it's that and not because Trump has spent the last 4 years attacking all of them personally

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Doubt that
    GWBs support isn't enthusiastic, lukewarm really, and I see no interest in wars.
    The Bushes do not like Trump because he kicked their younger politician's ass in the primary.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Doubt that
    While Trump campaigned on “bomb the shit out of them and give their oil to Exxon”. Trump has also increased droning, since Obama’s term. The troops he got out, leading to the massacre of Kurds, were sent to protect Saudi oil. Trump even left a peace treaty with Iran, than bombed a member of their government, without showing evidence of the imminent attack he claimed. Trump even more recently, vetoed a resolution passing both the GOP and DNC portions of Congress, that would have denied him war powers to start a war with Iran, without congress.

While one of the biggest war hawks from Bush, was on Trump’s staff. He wrote a tell all book that Trump tried to stop, just a few weeks ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The Bushes do not like Trump because he kicked their younger politician's ass in the primary.
    No, it’s the human decency... remember, Bush was never seen as an ass hole. He was the stoner from Herald and Kumar, who fought his dad after partying too hard. He was Dick Chainy’s puppet, drinking beer and watching I Love Lucy... so... the words you are looking for, is human decency. I also they think they didn’t appreciate the scum bag treatment McCain got from Trump...

I don’t think Trump’s... “I wouldn’t have been caught” about POWs, set well with Bush... Bone spurs and all that...

This was Bush:

This is Trump:

Last edited by Felya; 2020-07-25 at 12:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Not everyone thinks on an elementary school level like you do. It’s better to not type anything and have people think you a fool, than to sloppily inject your short bus caliber hot takes and remove all doubt.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Not everyone thinks on an elementary school level like you do. It’s better to not type anything and have people think you a fool, than to sloppily inject your short bus caliber hot takes and remove all doubt.
    Just to reiterate this and add to what I said... Bush standing on the rubble has meaning... meaning that’s very different to a man like Trump, who was screaming from his golden tower that muslims were partying on roof tops at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    roflmao yes it's that and not because Trump has spent the last 4 years attacking all of them personally
    Its been going on before Trump was president. Hell, its customary for all living presidents to get together for a photo op with the president-elect. All of the ex-presidents declined even the Bushes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Calls for civility are largely used as a means to suppress dissenting views and to marginalize oppressed minorities.
    Wow. Just wow. I think you seriously believe this too. So basically there is no debating a topic with you because you are willing to be uncivil to win. And think about it. This guy was a MODERATOR on this forum. No wonder this place is so hostile if he carries this belief.

Its been going on before Trump was president. Hell, its customary for all living presidents to get together for a photo op with the president-elect. All of the ex-presidents declined even the Bushes.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. Just wow. I think you seriously believe this too. So basically there is no debating a topic with you because you are willing to be uncivil to win. And think about it. This guy was a MODERATOR on this forum. No wonder this place is so hostile if he carries this belief.
    You don’t debate cancer.

You cut it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop clutching at fake pearls.

If you can't handle me telling you you're a liar and a dishonest actor, then you're free to not waste everyone's time lying and posting dishonestly.

And that I was a moderator here is irrelevant. A big part of why I stepped down in the first place was because I conducted myself professionally while I was working with the team, and that meant I maintained civility. It didn't do anything to fix anything, and I could easily see that. I grew tired of trying to watch what I said, as my comments would represent the team as a whole, so I stepped down to let myself call shit as I saw it.

Civility, in an uncivil society, is a demand that the weak capitulate to the sensibilities of the powerful. When we've repaired and repaid the injustices in society, then we can start to talk about the value of civility. Not before.

Because before we reach that point, you're declaring how "uncivilized" it is that those whose necks you're stepping on dare to claw at your legs and try and unsettle your footing. Because it's on their necks.
    Last edited by Endus; 2020-07-25 at 05:55 PM.