Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I respect the player who respects me.

Items and achievements are a showing of time investment. Anyone can get them with enough time and attention. None of them are going to make you worthy of respect. Some of them are impressive, but none of them command respect.

Depends on the size of the object.... I mean, inserting a mammoth mount deserves some kind of respect, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I never have respected anyone for their digital trophies. I respected some people who ran GDKP groups because they were willing to put in the work to organize and lead the group, I respected my GM and officers for their management skills. Nothing that I respected anyone for had anything to do with something they earned in-game, it was what they brought as an individual person that I respected them for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...a helpful attitude, good leadership skills, and at least a modicum of patience with others....

That gets my respect.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by SerratedEdge252 View Post
    You can just skip that fight. They changed it so you can hug the wall and walk right by Dreamwalker and the trash etc for a while now.

Huh. Wow, that is very useful information. Oon a rogue or druid I can just bypass almost everything then. Thank you for that info!!!

You can also use Crucible of Flame from your neck to heal the dragon to max in one hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only thing I could "respect" someone for in WoW is having the achievements for doing all the quests and having all zones explored because to me that says that the person actually enjoys the game and plays it because they find the actual game to be fun and enjoyable rather than just playing it for the gear and showing it off to people to feel superior over others.

I feel a lot of people who play this game don't really appreciate the things that this game was built upon which is it's story, the lore, and the characters. Now I know Blizzard's storytelling hasn't been all that great these past several years so it's easy to just breeze through everything these days but I can still appreciate it and give some of my time to at least understand what's going on. However a lot of other people seem to only care about getting the best gear or being the top douchebag in PVP or raids which is fine but then again those people will whine and complain that the game is too this or too that yet continue to cling on to the game like a crack head with his cocaine and the game changes to better suit THEIR needs instead of the people who actually appreciate and enjoy the game.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-07-25 at 03:55 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Impressive things:
    - vanilla PvP titles
    - the Insane title
    - 100 exalted reputations
    - the original Loremaster before any nerfs
    - Long, strange trip meta-achievement

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Impressive things:
    - vanilla PvP titles
    - the Insane title
    - 100 exalted reputations
    - the original Loremaster before any nerfs
    - Long, strange trip meta-achievement
    I have the bottom one and would say that wasn't a particularly impressive feat at all. Most if not all achievements there are easy to do and we've had like 11 shots for each event by now

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    The Insane Title and Bloodsail Admiral title during WotLK.

You truly have to be a masochist and insane to pull it off.
    I got the Bloodsail Admiral title in 2009 (WotLK). I don't remember how I even got it, I just remember randomly doing PvP or something in Booty Bay?. Probably got it without actually farming it

Is it necessary?

Nothing I can think of. I've just been around it all too much, and experienced it all for myself. I'm more impressed by players who are still actively participating in the game and aren't assholes, honestly.

The closest thing I can say that comes to respect for an item, title or mount is when I see an opposing player on a gladiator mount/title, and that's less because I respect them and more that I take note that they probably have some clue what they're doing on some basic level and as a result are probably dangerous to my squishy ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Carved Orge Idol.

Is this thread humoristic?

If sorta, I respect the player who has still in the bank the item Light of Elune, this item makes you invulnerable for 10 seconds. I still have mine ah. Would be useful in the future I am sure (I will probably never use it).

You can have all the titles, all raid world firsts and the best gear, I don't care. A good attitude in game tops all that.

An old gladiator mount, like the Netherdrake from BC

15+ Year Old Account
    Not being a dick/remembering that its a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    There's nothing in the game that would make me respect someone just for having it.
    then why should anyone care about your opinion on a game you clearly care nothing about?

As to the OP question, i'd say having sunwell cleared by the BC pre-patch, no-lights legit(lol, goodluck), warlock title of the black harvest as it meant controlling two characters at once while managing to heal, tank, DPS, and CC all at the same time, and generally any large-scale event title like scarab lord or OG class mount/weapon quests from classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    I respect the player who has unsubbed from that pile of burning shit that is BfA
    I respect a player who doesn't insult people for playing a game they themselves hate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    then why should anyone care about your opinion on a game you clearly care nothing about?
    When did i say i care nothing about the game?