Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muffinss View Post
    https://www.kwtx.com/2020/07/23/gop-...-from-chamber/
    https://archive.is/UplNQ

personally this is really dumb. this is the equivalent of monkey poo flinging and why people are getting fed up with both political parties. it be nice if the GOP can actually focus on stuff to help americans, like fixing our infrastructure, bringing our troops home from overseas, massive healthcare reform, minimum wage increases, pass the second coronavirus stimulus to help people pay their rent, etc rather than focusing on nonsense like this.
    Fixed that for you. The Dems pass stuff all the time. The GOP blocks stuff all the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Further, they(congress), should do a thorough back ground check on every current member. If any of them had ancestors that participated in slavery.... fucking throw them out!

If the left wants to make everyone else change any name connected to the Confederacy or Slavery, then surely the Democrat party name should be changed since it was the party to support slavery and segregation.

Don't argue that things have changed. Things have changed for all the others as well.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2020-07-26 at 02:22 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    If the left wants to make everyone else change any name connected to the Confederacy or Slavery, then surely the Democrat party name should be changed since it was the party to support slavery and segregation.

Don't argue that things have changed. Things have changed for all the others as well.
    Give us an example of something the Democratic Party wants to change today, that no longer stands for racism, that used to in the past.

Otherwise, it's pretty clear you've missed the entire point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Sadly people will fall for this stuff. If I was a Democrat I would have immediately gave the House a history lesson on the two parties and the GOPs 'Southern Strategy' to put an end to that nonsense.
    Ant that's the trouble with the GOP - they have no interest in facts, reality, or history - and are essentially on a scorched earth campaign. This bill being introduced by [some dipshit GOP Rep] is a perfect example.

Was someone trying to take the "dumbest member of Congress" title from him?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

That already happened. They changed their name to "Republican."

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Give us an example of something the Democratic Party wants to change today, that no longer stands for racism, that used to in the past.

Otherwise, it's pretty clear you've missed the entire point.

- - - Updated - - -

Ant that's the trouble with the GOP - they have no interest in facts, reality, or history - and are essentially on a scorched earth campaign. This bill being introduced by [some dipshit GOP Rep] is a perfect example.
    Reading comprehension helps. I said leftists not Democrat (not Democratic) party. Although I can see where they can confused.

Your example: Princeton University. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/27/n...ow-wilson.html

Reading comprehension helps. I said leftists not Democrat (not Democratic) party. Although I can see where they can confused.

Your example: Princeton University. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/27/n...ow-wilson.html
    And yet, the right is embracing white supremacy and ethno-nationalism... and you voted for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And yet, the right is embracing white supremacy and ethno-nationalism... and you voted for it.
    great job of just attacking once you lost the debate. I gave your example and you refute it with attacks

10+ Year Old Account
    great job of just attacking once you lost the debate. I gave your example and you refute it with attacks
    Woodrow Wilson didnt change his views and work to correct them, so not sure how you feel thats a good example
    and if you open with a backhanded attack like "Reading comprehension helps." dont complain if someone responds to it with hostility.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Sounds about right, rename both parties.

Careful. If they did that, then regressive idiots with a shitty grasp of history won't have any poorly thought out slavery criticisms to throw at the Dems.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Woodrow Wilson didnt change his views and work to correct them, so not sure how you feel thats a good example
    and if you open with a backhanded attack like "Reading comprehension helps." dont complain if someone responds to it with hostility.
    So you saying that Princeton University is pro racism?

I just entered. The right is embracing those things, and they (along with you) support Trump.

What do you have to say for yourself?

The debate in this thread is about the democrat party. You are deflecting because you know that it was the party of slavery and jim crow.

As to how I feel about myself, I feel fine about myself. I know what I believe and having ohers call me names doesn't bother me.

The debate in this thread is about the democrat party. You are deflecting because you know that it was the party of slavery and jim crow.

As to how I feel about myself, I feel fine about myself. I know what I believe and having ohers call me names doesn't bother me.
    And now... the GOP is the party of racism.

What party do you support?

10+ Year Old Account
    Important word there being "was". They made a concerted effort to completely shift away from that, and have spent decades condemning those views and disavowing any continuation of the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And now... the GOP is the party of racism.

What party do you support?
    As I've said before I'm a Constitutionalist.
    I don't like the Republican party much but I despise the Democrat party.

I do see that you aren't defending the Democrat party which is what the thread is about, but you can only attack the Republican. It sucks when the logic is against you doesn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Important word there being "was". They made a concerted effort to completely shift away from that, and have spent decades condemning those views and disavowing any continuation of the like.
    That doesn't matter. The left is trying eradicate all things that are attached to that bygone era. The Democrat Party name is one of those things.

As I've said before I'm a Constitutionalist.
    I don't like the Republican party much but I despise the Democrat party.

I do see that you aren't defending the Democrat party which is what the thread is about, but you can only attack the Republican. It sucks when the logic is against you doesn't it?
    And you are a Trump supporter, you support a fascist.

I'd say you are lying. Now, the only real issues, is whether you are lying to me, or to yourself.

It does suck that everyone already knows these things about you, doesn't it? It's a shame you voted for the party that embraces racism and fascism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are republicans talking about democrat party being racist, when Trump by accident, posted a supporter screaming “white power”?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi