Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    So Echo is 99% Method basically... I thought they weren't allowed to reform, Blizzard will most likely not allow it to happen. I expect bans.
    "they weren't allowed to reform" "i expect bans" - Is this a very very bad attempt at trolling or are you for real?

No one there will be banned. Not even Josh is banned.

WOW i didnt knew that factories and firms are getting closed and disbanded when some random piece of shit worker rapes/kills someone. Must be a new thing, too bad i didnt knew when i was quiting my job last week my boss and 500+ coleagues would be on the sidewalk and as a bonus i would be doing the sex...

Flawed logic full of hate and prejudice...classic cancel culture disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Ppl are stupid as hell,Method should've never disband in the first place,atleast not for army of inbreds spamming reddit and twitter.Rebranding is pointles.
    The guild was never ever going to get any form of sponsorship again. If they want to be able to get that back they needed to rebrand.

As for why is this ok? Because most people probably believe that the 'average' raider in Method had nothing to do with this. Why not Sco? because the buck stops at the top, he owned the guild and the organisation. He would have known of the allegations and evidence brought against Josh and chose to keep him around.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Disagreed. Some people will for sure be like that, yes. But there have been many people, like the aforementioned Preach who made statements that they will never ever work with Method again. Yesterday he outright tweeted that he's excited to cast their new event under the new "Echo" name. This isn't only true for content creators either. Lots of regular players are doing a 180 here, or pretending it's suddenly a completely different guild.
    Just to be clear, Preach said he would never work with the Method brand again, not the WoW guild.

I really hate this whole cancel culture bullshit that's been going around, what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Stop shitting on people just because of something you believe, because in this day and age regardless of whether it's true or not you WILL rally a group of Karens intent on passing judgement without regard for knowing the truth.

If you can prove that the entire WoW guild colluded with Josh in his sexual predation, then we have a case, if not, then stop trying to cancel them when they might not have done anything wrong.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Krasuss View Post
    WOW i didnt knew that factories and firms are getting closed and disbanded when some random piece of shit worker rapes/kills someone. Must be a new thing, too bad i didnt knew when i was quiting my job last week my boss and 500+ coleagues would be on the sidewalk and as a bonus i would be doing the sex...

Flawed logic full of hate and prejudice...classic cancel culture disgusting.
    You think no company has ever died over knowingly harbouring someone like Josh?

If they got rid of Josh when people first came to Method with his conduct the organisation would be alive and well today. It could have survived Sasha being inappropriate and immediately getting sidelined and investigation. It couldn't survive having knowingly harboured Josh.

This is why companies have HR departments and clear guidelines and why they will fire you as soon as there is a whiff of misconduct.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

So Echo is 99% Method basically... I thought they weren't allowed to reform, Blizzard will most likely not allow it to happen. I expect bans.
    This is the funniest thing I've heard all week btw, how deluded are you? Maybe don't smoke that bowl before posting on MMOC next time.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You think no company has ever died over knowingly harbouring someone like Josh?

If they got rid of Josh when people first came to Method with his conduct the organisation would be alive and well today. It could have survived Sasha being inappropriate and immediately getting sidelined and investigation. It couldn't survive having knowingly harboured Josh.

This is why companies have HR departments and clear guidelines and why they will fire you as soon as there is a whiff of misconduct.
    Internet society in a nutshell. Write an anonymous Email or twitter and ruin someone's life.

First of all, Blizzard has nothing to do with this. Nothing anyone did was against Blizzard's TOS, it was purely a community matter.

Secondly, Method wasn't just a guild, it was an esports organization - they had a prominent WoW raiding team that was the core of their operations, but it also fielded many other teams in both WoW and other games. Their NA team in the MDI, for example, was made up of people who were NOT in the actual Method raiding guild at all (not even on the same region).

This new guild is made up of the core of the RAIDING team Method had. It makes sense that the people who were raiding there together would want to stay together. The vast majority of the players were only peripherally involved in the organization - they were contracted players, but only very few raiders (like Sco) were ALSO involved in the running of the organization itself. And, conversely, most of the people running the ORGANIZATION weren't actually in the raiding team itself. In fact, the separation of the two was growing even before the scandal, and Sco had already announced long before it happened that he was going to step down from raiding and focus more on the business.

You can't really blame everyone even peripherally involved with Josh to perpetually share in the responsibility for his behavior. They were in a professional relationship with him, they weren't all informed about everything, and most if not all of them did immediately sever ties when everything came to light.

Think of it this way: if you find out that weirdo coworker of yours is a predator, should you then be responsible for what they did? You may have known that they were somewhat unsavory, but you weren't intimately familiar with everything they did. Even if you were friends with them, that cannot - and should not - be automatically construed as an endorsement of their behavior, or put the burden of shared responsibility on you. Would you go and quit your job immediately after that coworker gets fired for their behavior? Well most of the Method raiders DID do exactly that, which is more than most people would in the same position.

The only ones who can and should be held more accountable are the people who were actually responsible for maintaining integrity through the organization, i.e. the management. There were definitely mistakes made there, and not enough care was taken where it should have been. It was their job to make sure their players/employees were held to community standards, and they didn't. But that's not something that falls back on EVERYONE who was involved with the organization. These people trusted their leaders to take care of them, and they were let down. When that was apparent, they quit. It was a reasonable response in a reasonable way, and they did their due diligence. They deserve a fresh start away from those who ACTUALLY caused problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    I find it hilarious that 99% of guild members are claiming they didn't know or they just "didn't think it was that bad".

Fuck off.

To claim these cunts didn't know is pathetic. They spend 18+ hours a day online and sometimes in the same room as eachother. 7 days a week. You're gonna tell me that the people Josh was a creep to never messaged or had shown evidence to any other members?

Also - fucking hilarious that the guild has already reformed after a few short weeks and they're throwing a charity stream to boot.

"Please. We didn't know he was a creep. Despite there being proof most of us knew. Look, we're good people! We're doing a charity stream!"

If you don't talk up because you're part of the "best raid team in the world" on a fucking videogame. Then you're a fucking loser and an enabler. You should be named and shamed as one.
    Calm your tits, little weasel.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2020-07-26 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Infracted

Method should never had disbanded anyway. This whole thing is sad and pointless. I think some methods members just wasn't happy with Sco to begin with then.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I rephrase.

"I have an aversion for these guys because they STOLE U.S world firsts, I thought I wouldn't allow them to reform. I would most likely not allow it to happen, I want them to be banned. "

Guys, Method is dead. I know a lots of peeps crashed on them with joy at their misfortunes and wrongdoings because they saw them as " the EU guild that stole the world first from the US ". Josh and Sasha were expelled, Sco is on the bench for a long time because he assumed it all. Now, can you leave the other guys alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I really hate this whole cancel culture bullshit that's been going around, what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Stop shitting on people just because of something you believe, because in this day and age regardless of whether it's true or not you WILL rally a group of Karens intent on passing judgement without regard for knowing the truth.

If you can prove that the entire WoW guild colluded with Josh in his sexual predation, then we have a case, if not, then stop trying to cancel them when they might not have done anything wrong.
    Ok so first of all, it kind of sounds as if you're addressing that whole post to me, in which case it's a misfire because I didn't argue in this thread anywhere that Method should be cancelled. Nor did I argue that it shouldn't. What bothers me the most is the inconsistency, the movement of the goalposts and what I personally consider to be hypocrisy, as stated in the thread title.

Just to be clear, Preach said he would never work with the Method brand again, not the WoW guild.
    Nope. Here is the tweet. Nowhere does it say anything about "brand" or "organization". It just says Method. Maybe he meant that but didn't specify, but it's definitely not there. https://twitter.com/PreachGaming/sta...71279217594368
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

This post is directed towards a few people here who I cannot be bothered to quote.

So, people that used to raid are gonna raid again. Gee, how extraordinary. You think your opinion on their honesty or guilt is relevant? It's as irrelevant as things can be. If you have proof someone did something bad, go ahead and present it. It is easy to pass judgements based on "oh, they sure had to know", but if society worked that way, we'd still be burning people because someone said they were witches. So stop with your backward thinking, take off the high horse and go to a psychiatrist to deal with problems you clearly have. Freedom of speech is a thing, but saying stupid things (and accusing others) should be punishable, and not lightly. Keep the garbage of your minds to yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Ok so first of all, it kind of sounds as if you're addressing that whole post to me, in which case it's a misfire because I didn't argue in this thread anywhere that Method should be cancelled. Nor did I argue that it shouldn't. What bothers me the most is the inconsistency, the movement of the goalposts and what I personally consider to be hypocrisy, as stated in the thread title.

Nope. Here is the tweet. Nowhere does it say anything about "brand" or "organization". It just says Method. Maybe he meant that but didn't specify, but it's definitely not there. https://twitter.com/PreachGaming/sta...71279217594368
    The brand hired him. Of course he means the brand. I'm sorry dude, but use your brain.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    because the allegations are kinda overrated? (except the one on Josh)
    if i were Method, i wouldn't break the guild either, we gonna raid, have fun and kill bosses whether people like it or not

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Ppl are stupid as hell,Method should've never disband in the first place,atleast not for army of inbreds spamming reddit and twitter.Rebranding is pointles.
    they disbanded over the fact that no sponsor would touch them with a 10 foot pole.kinda hard to be an all powerful organization with no backing.

and nobody likes being the badguy.

It boggles my mind that people still don't seem to realize that content creators only really cares about clicks and subs. They will say and do whatever gives them the highest chance of getting the most attention. It's how they make their living. It's how they will continue to make their living, as long as they have people to feed them more attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me, it now looks like a coordinated effort to ruin the brand name Method and since it has been successful, everyone is cheering.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate;
    This is a statement of fact that has nothing to do with yours, or anyone else's opinion on him. Preach has a massive following and is regarded in positive terms by a huge number of wow players.

Never heard of him.

Some people play wow.. and have lives

While others have no lives so need to live through other people’s.

Ie streams

Quote Originally Posted by dproject View Post
    because the allegations are kinda overrated? (except the one on Josh)
    if i were Method, i wouldn't break the guild either, we gonna raid, have fun and kill bosses whether people like it or not
    Disbanding the guild was the right choice, Sco and his management fucked up and it's logical they don't want to have that taint be stuck to them for all eternity. Not to mention it appeases potential others with similar stories because now they give of the feeling that they're actually not ok with the behavior of certain members.

If they wouldn't have disbanded, there would have been more stories leaked, and probably worse ones.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no point for innocent until proven guilty principle if you've publicly admitted to the accusations that were raised against you, that's called admitting guilt.