Poll: What class would YOU (yes, YOU) want to be added to the game?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Tinker is the only class I'm interested in that isn't in the game. Everything else would cannibalize abilities from existing classes, like Necromancer/DK.
    Death knight should be cannibalised as unholy is really boring.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Should have been a multiple choice vote. Otherwise this accomplishes nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I wouldn't even call FFXIV dark knight anything void related. It's a 2h wielding knight that uses shadow magic. Void is all about tentacles and shit in WoW.

I'd personally just like a spec like that because I prefer the "clean" dark/black knight fantasy, but unholy is all about popping zitts these days and summoning shitty zombies.
    Unholy summons shitty zombies but it still isn't a necromancer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Why do we "need" those things?
    For RP purposes, for example. To better represent lore in game.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Unholy summons shitty zombies but it still isn't a necromancer.
    But they are, they just don't excell at it. Shamans don't excell at lightning magic, certainly not elemental, as it's only a quarter of the kit, but you'd still have a hard time to justify a storm mage class being added to the game.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Necromancer.

Totally Tinker, but previous chance for that was bfa. *shrug*

There was a chance for necromancer for SL with all of its death theme, but blizz missed that too.

Still hoping Tinker for what comes after SL. Necromancer is ok too, but we already got dark casters, summoner and also dk. Necromancer isn't really bringing anything new unlike Tinker.

Armored suit for tanking! Fuck yeah!
    Chainswords and flamethrowers for dps! Fuck yeah!
    Some healing goo for healing! Fuck yeah!

How can you say no?!

Windwalker Monk.

At this point, the spec is an outdated Havoc DH and clearly needs to be reintroduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Tinker is the only class I'm interested in that isn't in the game. Everything else would cannibalize abilities from existing classes, like Necromancer/DK.
    Exactly. I will never understand why certain people support the notion of adding classes that require the removal of abilities from existing classes. That just leads to homogenization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    saying that Necromancers... cam out in WOTLK.... is like saying that someone wants a Priest and tell them that Paladins came out so no more Priests...

A necromacers is a Scholar of the death Arts... and way way different then a death knights...

sad that you are so narrow eyed and simplistic with your mindset

Blizzard already adapted the major aspects of a Necromancer into the Death Knight. That was the intention. You are arguing the semantics between the fantasy of a Necromancer and the fantasy of the Death Knight while ignoring the larger vision: Death Knights were created with the Necromancer theme in mind. So what is "death arts" anyway? The art of necromancy? Of raising the dead and using Death magic? Using blood, bone, and decay?

Sounds like the WoW Death Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    Its not about Argueing.... but you have to see the truth...

Necromacers are to Priests as Death Knights are to paladins....

Both use the light.... and both used the death magic... but they use it in way different ways and study it in way different ways....

Death Knights are more of the Warrrior side of death magic....

Then Necromacres are more the Mage/scholar.... side of death magic

Ok so I think I know what you are trying to get across. I am in agreement of adding another class that uses Death as a theme, just as we have 2 classes that use Light as a theme (Paladin and Priest) and I think a Necromancer would fit the bill.

However, the Necromancer in it's current theme has too much crossover with the Death Knight playable class. I understand that you can argue "Necromancers came first" but Death Knights were added as a playable class before Necromancers.

Unless you gutted a majority of theme/class kit from Death Knights and gave it "back" to Necromancers, I think you would have to change up the theme/kit of Necromancers instead.

Would be pretty interesting though.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-07-26 at 12:40 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go Tinkers.

It would be cool to have necromancer, and it can be done - a Diablo Necromancer is all "SKELETONS, BONES", while the WoW Unholy Death Knight is more about "PESTILEEENCE", so there can be different flavors of necromancy.

But I would prefer tinker.

Anything that wears mail the rest are too bloated

Sand Mage / Glass Fighter. A caster & Melee hybrid type of deal. Slow and hard hitting mix of sand and flame magic, building up glass and going into melee mode as a fighter with glass weaponry. Once the glass / resource breaks, you turn back into a mage. It would probably play a bit similarly to Red Mages in FF 14, but I think there's lots of potential for a sand / glass spec. Slows (Withering sand, melted glass) a different playstyle in the hybrid range / melee category, where you cast from afar, charge in to melee and disengage to cast again.

Blood Mages also has an appeal to me, I always like the darker tones, which makes it too bad that Shadow Priest was removed from the game. I shall miss that spec forever.

Death knight should be cannibalised as unholy is really boring.
    Unholy is by far the more interesting dps spec for DK right now, since all you do as frost is collect RP to use on breath and twiddle your thumbs for the remainder of the time.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

A scion! Allow us to pick 3 talent trees of our choice.

I would make a brewmaster holy frost mage!

If that's not possible, a tank with a ranged spec other than a druid.

Unholy is by far the more interesting dps spec for DK right now, since all you do as frost is collect RP to use on breath and twiddle your thumbs for the remainder of the time.
    Unholy is mainly waiting for runes.

- - - Updated - - -

But they are, they just don't excell at it. Shamans don't excell at lightning magic, certainly not elemental, as it's only a quarter of the kit, but you'd still have a hard time to justify a storm mage class being added to the game.
    Storm is merely an element. Necromancy is a cosmic force so diverse that you can make an expansion out of it.

Unholy is mainly waiting for runes.

Storm is merely an element. Necromancy is a cosmic force so diverse that you can make an expansion out of it.
    You show that you haven't played a DK in a while. Or you might wanna start wearing gear if you have to actually wait for runes.
    The other thing you said is hardly relevant. It's just another elemental theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked Bard mostly as a joke. Seriously? I can't really think of any offhand that wouldn't function better as a fourth spec for an existing class that offers a very different playstyle while keeping with the core mechanics. For example, Shadow Hunter for rogues, using Energy and combo points but functioning as a midrange throwing weapons-and-shadow-oriented spec, or Dark Ranger for hunters with auto-Lone Wolf and taking notes from the old Survival's focus around DoT shots.

Some hero classes have almost entirely been baked into other classes, like Necromancer being baked into Unholy Death Knight (I wouldn't be opposed to a gameplay option to play Unholy as a ranged spec, mind*), Mountain King being baked into Fury Warriors, and Blood Mage largely being baked into Fire Mage--they just need a Phoenix cooldown and they've just about got the whole Blood Mage kit assigned to Fire, minus the verdant spheres.

That all being said, if Blizzard can design a hero class in such a way that it doesn't feel identical to the class it was originally baked into, then go wild.

* edit for further context here: Expanding Unholy to allow players to choose between a melee or ranged playstyle, while I'm 100% sure it would be a Sisyphean task to balance, would help fill the Necromancer class fantasy as well as give a nod back to the Second War Death Knights, who were warlocks' souls placed in the bodies of slain human knights, and in most appearances specialized as ranged casters over melee combatants, but as seen in Teron Gorefiend's fight in Black Temple, were no slouches up close and personal, either. Knowing the storyline in Shadowlands, I can easily see Bolvar and Darion agreeing that they should look into adapting these techniques for their own use even though there's only a tertiary link between the Scourge Death Knights and those of the Old Horde.
    Last edited by Thage; 2020-07-26 at 01:39 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I was about to click necromancer, but I always had a soft spot for Blue Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    I was about to click necromancer, but I always had a soft spot for Blue Mages.
    How were you gonna click Necromancer when they're not an option in the poll?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I want both blood mage and tinkerer, as well as unique class for each race or class unique to only 2 race, for example tinkerer for both gnome and goblin.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.