Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Stop pretending they did it cause of popularity. Citation needed.

They did it for lore reasons and obviously cause it reduced their work load. Though they only admit to the first part.
    Uh? Popularity? I said Blood Elves and Night Elves, along with humans, are the most played races in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I really wonder why Blizz restricted DH to two of the most played races in the game, instead of expanding it to Orcs and Draenei. Yes, it would be extra work, but people could then play their Manari and Fel Orc fantasy.
    Why would they expand it to Draenei and Orcs of all races? VE and Nightborne i could see, but those to really don't make sense.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Mogu.

We need playable Mogu.

That is all.
    You think you do, but you dont.

It will take a few minutes before people realise they are playing a remodeled dreanei and switch soon afther. My prediction.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

It will take a few minutes before people realise they are playing a remodeled dreanei and switch soon afther. My prediction.
    Many people say that purple blood elfs is most unique allied race that has been added, so "remodeled dreanei" has very good chance , just give them cool racials+cool voice and i am SOLD.

I would rather play Pandaren than plain Human, but Pandarens faces .... that smile for no reason... and NOfun racials that useful only if you jump down from LM and some clown jumps after you .... and you like "YEAH BABE" and he dies from fall damage.

Only useful way to use pandaren.....(
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2020-07-26 at 10:49 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Why would they expand it to Draenei and Orcs of all races? VE and Nightborne i could see, but those to really don't make sense.
    Draenei and Orcs had severe beef with the legion, that's why. Where is it said only elves could become DH?

Reading the Ardenweald official preview, I'm pretty sure the ending of Shadowlands won't be what player expect. I can see something like "Oh, the Arbiter and her purpose was as bad as the Jailer. In the end Sylvanas was kind of right. But now, there's not enough anima for everyone. Oh, let's give some of our heroes another chance to shine in Azeroth since it's where the gateway opened by Sylvanas leads."

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Draenei and Orcs had severe beef with the legion, that's why. Where is it said only elves could become DH?
    BC actually. Illidan could barely manage to make the process work on BE, with a lot of failed attempts. Non-Elves just plain wouldn't work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Reading the Ardenweald official preview, I'm pretty sure the ending of Shadowlands won't be what player expect. I can see something like "Oh, the Arbiter and her purpose was as bad as the Jailer. In the end Sylvanas was kind of right. But now, there's not enough anima for everyone. Oh, let's give some of our heroes another chance to shine in Azeroth since it's where the gateway opened by Sylvanas leads."
    How would that be unexpected?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Nah they could unretcon demoniacs for Zandalari to make sense
    Wouldn't they just make them Warlocks though?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I mean I'm not against little horns for night elves.

Some elves in MTG have horns, and some of them would look great on Nelves

Oh, and ESO elves do too
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-07-27 at 12:18 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Wouldn't they just make them Warlocks though?

- - - Updated - - -
    Nah, the Vanilla description of Demoniacs was closer to Demonhunter than Warlock, even though their GEAR was tied to locks
    Twas brillig

Yeah no. I'd be 100% fine with it, thanks.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Who cares if they're remodeled draenei?

They got anima and ghost magic and tons of compelling lore in relating to the Horde's history of "Conquering the world, and then trying to not do that"
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I mean I'm not against little horns for night elves.

*snip*
    We already got that

I think this should be an actual race... like some sort of green dragon flight based night elf look alike... not sure if a story that merge them into it would make sense.

Storywise you would have the green dragons around Nordrassil with Night Elfs together. It would be something new but I think there are people that would enjoy it and it kind of makes sense.

And of course Demon Hunters already got horns

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    All I know is that I expect within a month of prepatch release for Alliance cities to be swimming in high elves.
    They already are... they just not look like it... but it will be even more. But at least they fit better then Ogrimmar swarmed with Blood Elfs...
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2020-07-27 at 08:08 AM.

Covenant races are going to be playable when we segue into the next expansion, mark my words. Revendreth is one long redemption arc for Kael'thas and lorewise the Shadowlands and Azeroth are connected no differently than any other dimension-hop we've done a dozen times already. The Shadowlands are its own, whole reality that is equally at risk of being eaten by the Void Lords, just as the main reality is. Azeroth the Titan remains the only hope for the universe, including the Shadowlands, there will be enough reason for them to come over.

Calling it now:

Venthyr will join the Horde through the Blood Elves and Kael will reprise his role as the King of the Blood Elves. They'll have a metamorphosis racial for the Gargoyle form.

Maldraxxi are likewise going to join the Horde through Draka and get reminded what it means to be strong and honorable or something tacky like that. I hope it's the Skeletons, but will probably be the Gladiators.

Uther and the Kyrians, and Tyrande/Ysera and the Night Fae/Sylvar throwing in with the Humans and Night Elves respectively is a no-brainer.

Would still make more sense than going back to an alternate timeline in the past and recruiting AU Mag'har orcs that freely abandon their own timeline for ours /shrug

If they do make any of them playable though, I hope they are neutral. Was a massive kick in the balls helping out the Nightborne as Alliance for a whole expansion, only to then have them as an enemy in return.
    Last edited by Nayami; 2020-07-27 at 10:20 AM.

Forsaken with elbows is all I need.