Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Who cares, honestly they should basically be banned, they cultivated rapist culture and Sco personally profited off of people being attacked.

Double down with the fact they got destroyed in the World First race, now was a great time for them to go away.
    Let's turn the conversation back to OPs questions and stop going off-topic please.

You're welcome to your opinion but hijacking a thread that did not touch on this particular subject in the slightest with said opinions is simply not the time or the place. Also, I would encourage you to remember that Method was a very large organization. There are likely a very large number of (ex-)members who had zero involvement in any of the recent accusations and do not deserve this type of comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Apparently, having white skin in America automatically makes you the devil and responsible for everything bad that ever has or ever will happen.
    Let's also not go here please and stop that line of discussion immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    well to be fair in recent world history it has been white people doing the worst things,ww1,ww2,the instability in the middle east is all because of UK after ww2 and USA in recent decades,slave trade took the longest to die out in usa,cold war,russian otrocities,dividing africa and basicaly dooming it,the HIV and female genital mutilation issues in africa today are rooted in colonialism,the british empire holding a grip on half the world for a long time and being HUGE hypocrits about it whenever anyone else even DARED to make even the tiniest stake
    This thread is not even remotely about any of this.

Last warning before infractions will happen.

*edit* Thread cleaned up, all off topic posts removed. The above warning stands. Do NOT go back to those topics. Keep the thread on topic.
    Last edited by Venara; 2020-07-26 at 10:42 PM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Double down with the fact they got destroyed in the World First race, now was a great time for them to go away.
    I couldn't write this better.

They failed miserably. Even tho they were supported by multiple sites, communities... even blizzard it self.

remember all the "bugs" during N'zoth world first?

remember all the corruption nerfs AFTER they got their first kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Kul View Post
    Because people cheer for their e-sport team much as they do their football team. Going Alliance would be the same as coming to New York, or Dallas with a franchise? I know I’m right.
    Purchasing BOE items is a HUGE part of the WF race - why would they make this process far more difficult by massively reducing the number of players they can run with and purchase gear from, without having to pay for xfers etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    No. Going from Horde to Alliance is more akin to moving from New York, NY to Paris, KY.

I know I'm right.
    Its the same as wanting to play in the NFL, but moving from USA to France. I know im right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellcleaver View Post
    If im not wrong wasnt echo always made of methods alts to clear mythic with them after main progression was done?
    Whether it was their alt guild or not I dunno, the website of the existing Echo guild doesn't really suggest that, but maybe they do have some alts that are in it? They didn't yoink the name though either way. The ex-Method raiders have joined the existing Echo guild.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2020-07-26 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    serves you right for being to good at the game!! rename or stick to normal! ^_^
    *Sad mythic raider noises*

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    As the GM of a fairly longstanding guild called Echoes, I can inform ya'll that we've already had 3 method fanboys join and leave our discord mistaking us for them for some reason.

This is going to be a long expansion.
    Sorry dude. Here's a meme to cheer you up:

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Sorry dude. Here's a meme to cheer you up:
    Took less than an hour for someone on our discord, don't worry https://i.imgur.com/QrmoAcW.png

I know I’m right.
    Rofl well I'm glad one of us thinks so.
    If the top guilds went Alliance it would certainly change a lot, but there is no reason for them to do so now, especially when they have a fragile brand to rebuild.
    Horde is where the serious players are, and any potential recruits they might need to fill.

If anything, I imagine it would take Blizzard's endorsement for that to occur.
    Then again, they made Hall of Fame the way they did and you still can't get people to flood to Alliance.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I couldn't write this better.

They failed miserably. Even tho they were supported by multiple sites, communities... even blizzard it self.

remember all the "bugs" during N'zoth world first?

remember all the corruption nerfs AFTER they got their first kill?
    Eh? Destroyed?! They got second, to a very very good guild, in one tier. They didn't drop the ball and come 15th or something? I'm all for people having a favourite team and such but come on. Method/method that was has had multiple world 1st's. If you want to try and say they got *Destroyed* and should go away then tbh you should really wake up. They got beat fair and square no doubt, but hardly by some kind of land slide margin. It could echo back to the WF Jaina kill where method got the 1st and second kill before any other guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    they made Hall of Fame the way they did
    You mean worthless token gesture that doesn't provide any form of reward or long term incentive? At least the top pvpers get a mount.

Raiders... well anyone can buy the mount from a boosting community, and it's cheaper on horde side because more guilds = supply drives prices down. But the mount is tied to killing the boss within that expansion, nothing to do with hall of fame anyway. It gives nothing. It gives a cheesy title that goes away if the guild disbands. And guilds disband all the time. So there's nothing of lasting value worth striving for.

FWIW I think if they had gone Alliance it might have helped you know, NOT make Alliance a "dead faction". Instead it's like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Top guilds stay Horde so Horde keeps getting top guilds who stay Horde etc. etc. They could have basically shown "Hey look, the factions really are equal" and entice some other high end guilds to swap. Would have been better for the whole game IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    FWIW I think if they had gone Alliance it might have helped you know, NOT make Alliance a "dead faction". Instead it's like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Top guilds stay Horde so Horde keeps getting top guilds who stay Horde etc. etc. They could have basically shown "Hey look, the factions really are equal" and entice some other high end guilds to swap. Would have been better for the whole game IMHO.
    Since they are pretty much done for in their current state it wouldn't have changed much. It's also rather delusional to think that anyone sane would make the first step and go over to alliance again. Unless you know for a fact alot of guilds would do the same (for absolutely no reason what so ever), they or any other guild gains absolutely nothing by it. It requires more than one guild to reverse the moment of inertia of the current situation.

Besides the absolute top end (top 5-10) is rather isolated anyway. At that point you can probably just play on any side you want since people on that level will change to what ever. For everyone below them though it would just result in a net loss of recruiting potential.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Why did they not take this opportunity and go Alliance?
    More of a pool of players Horde side I'd imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

Would have been better for the whole game IMHO.
    Why do you say that? Wouldn't that just cause all the guilds to start trickling over to the Alliance side making Horde the dead faction? That's certainly what would happen.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I don't think so. On most servers Alliance raiding is in pretty bad straits. A guild like Method focused around bleeding-edge PvE would be doing itself a disservice by cutting out up to 60% of their server's available raiders.
    If it was 'up to' 60% it wouldn't be an issue.

If it was was 70% or 80% it would be an issue, but its worse than that. Way worse

Because people cheer for their e-sport team much as they do their football team. Going Alliance would be the same as coming to New York, or Dallas with a franchise? I know I’m right.
    The more realistic comparison would be a team choosing to move from the English Premiere League to Major League Soccer. You intentionally destroy your ability in recruiting by moving to the faction with fewer competitive mythic raiders to recruit from.

So Method is back under the name of Echo.
    I have two questions.

Why did they take the name of another Mythic 12/12 guild on Tarren Mill?

Why did they not take this opportunity and go Alliance?

Both choices seem commercially wierd to me.

This thread is NOT about the Method controversy, so let's keep it on topic and not derail it.
    1) They probably did not know about that guild.

2) Alliance has not been viable for high-end raiding for years. To keep a high-end raiding guild rolling, you need to do a lot of recruiting, as the player turnover rate is quite high. The players you recruit must be very skilled and hopefully also experienced. Because of these high criteria, only a few percentages of the playerpool will suffices, so having a big playerpool to recruit from is essential - and the vast majority of raiders play Horde.

This skew towards Horde is a very old issue. It was caused by the old racials favouring horde for pve and Blizzard failing to understand the lengths players will go to, in order to play and build their characters optimally. At the time, Blizz thought that only very few people cared about their characters performance. But as it turned out, the vast majority of players cares about their characters performance. Seems like a no-brainer in a goddamn MMORPG. The whole genre is about building and min-maxing ones characters...

The reason is not faction fanboyism. The reason is that the Alliance raiding scene is dead outside very local things, like the spanish raiding scene (mostly alliance).
    Last edited by vulfrika; 2020-07-27 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vulfrika View Post
    1) They probably did not know about that guild.
    What...? You don't think they looked at the names of the other guilds on their server? You don't think any of them went to raider.io or wowprogress to see what the other names of the guilds on their server were? You don't think that, when they tried to charter the guild in game and weren't able to, they didn't think that someone else might have that guild name?

What?

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Let's turn the conversation back to OPs questions and stop going off-topic please.

You're welcome to your opinion but hijacking a thread that did not touch on this particular subject in the slightest with said opinions is simply not the time or the place. Also, I would encourage you to remember that Method was a very large organization. There are likely a very large number of (ex-)members who had zero involvement in any of the recent accusations and do not deserve this type of comment.

Let's also not go here please and stop that line of discussion immediately.

This thread is not even remotely about any of this.

Last warning before infractions will happen.

*edit* Thread cleaned up, all off topic posts removed. The above warning stands. Do NOT go back to those topics. Keep the thread on topic.

The thread is not hi jacked, you fly with the crows you get shot down. I challenge you to find any "ex members" who didn't know what was going on with Josh. When you can't find any maybe you'll stop walking with the blind, Sco can't save you now.

The thread is about a guild who has to change their name, I think we as a community have a responsibility to make it CRYSTAL CLEAR who these people are. When predator gets out jail, their faces are posted and the people in the area are made known.

As a father, I will ensure everyone knows how much scum is in this "new guild".

Hopefully MMO Champion won't work to stop people from letting it be known, why the "World #2 Guild" was forced to change names.

I incidentally hope that all the people, myself included, are wrong about this, sadly I doubt it.

Power corrupts, give it to kids in moms basement and good luck world (of warcraft)....

Anyways, I've made my thought on this known, I believe with their track record, they don't deserve any funding and should have to prove they can be a top guild without being spoon fed kills by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    What...? You don't think they looked at the names of the other guilds on their server? You don't think any of them went to raider.io or wowprogress to see what the other names of the guilds on their server were? You don't think that, when they tried to charter the guild in game and weren't able to, they didn't think that someone else might have that guild name?

What?
    No, I onestly don't. They had like 500 other pressing things to deal with, so checking up on something like that must've been extrwmly low on the priority list

There are too many barriers to Alliance now. Peoples friend list is Horde. The buyers for boosts are Horde.

Recruitment is kinda whatever for the likes of Echo and Limit. Nobody is going to turn down a serious shot at world first because they have to faction transfer. But what's the incentive for the players already in the guild to change faction?

If they need to go Alliance for a raid, they'll do it. And swap back after prog. There's just no reason at all to stay Alliance.

There is every reason for niche groups of players to gravitate towards one faction, for as long as there is a faction divide. Doesn't even matter which faction (see Oceanic raid scene). Once they're there, the only way to shift is to shift everyone at once. Then everyone is Alliance.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2020-07-27 at 02:19 AM.