Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

AQ40 progression thread

AQ patch will open soon and raid progress starts once gates are opened. I think someone opens gate on the very first day, so we dont have to wait too long.

Everyone knew MC and BWL would be blasted under 1 hour once entering the raid but AQ40 will be different. This time we have raid tuned around 16 debuff slots so we might actually see few day race.

Huhuran is expected to be the first huge wall for WF raiders since leather users cant craft NR gear until later phases. C'thun itself is obviously going to be the hardest one but its just about tacticts rather than gear check like Huhuran.

Whos gonna be the first? My prediction is APES if they manage to get into raid without instance bugging like last time.

You do know the raid doesn't open on the first day, yeah?

This time we have raid tuned around 16 debuff slots so we might actually see few day race.
    And why wasn't Zul'gurub tuned around 16 debuff slots? I'm curious, still easy as fuck by the way
    Last edited by Trinkie; 2020-07-27 at 07:22 AM.

I think Method will open the AQ Gates first!

Quote Originally Posted by Sámsa View Post
    I think Method will open the AQ Gates first!
    No, it will be Paragon this time for sure!

Progress will take WF.

Once raid groups are able to enter the zone, many good groups will clear the entire raid in 4 hours, the fastest raid in the world will clear it in a little over an hour and a half. There is my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Progress will take WF.
    Will it though?

Quote Originally Posted by Trinkie View Post
    You do know the raid doesn't open on the first day, yeah?
    Yeah but I think it doesnt take too long to open the gates

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Yeah but I think it doesnt take too long to open the gates
    It takes 2 resets minimum

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    APES tested the opening scenario on Private Servers and cleared it in less than a handful of hours.
    There is no wall again. It's another 'maybe hard for stupid af players but easy af for the average person'.

And they did the same with the Naxx opening already and it took them less than 4 hours for the clear.
    Yeah but you gotta understand that THIS time the raid is tuned for the 16 debuff slot!
    Naxx releases
    Yeah but you gotta understand that THIS time the raid is tuned for people using actual flasks and pots!

Aslong as people are as crazy with World buffs as they are now they are gonna stomp the living shit out of the raid bosses, even without them they're gonna hamfist them

APES tested the opening scenario on Private Servers and cleared it in less than a handful of hours.
    Certainly better than the 30-40 mn it took them to clear BWL ^^

As said, AQ (and Naxx) will fall right away. Because the people who will clear it already know the content by heart. Nobody expect Method to spend weeks (or days) to reclear the latest raid once they have cleared it a first time, so why would APES (or other guilds used to farm the content) stumble over something they routinely clear ?

What might be interesting, on the other hand, will be all the people who HAVEN'T cleared this content in their past. THEY will probably find it rather interesting (probably not "hard" due to how min-maxed everyone is today and how every detail of every fights are known, and also due to most guilds having at least a few veterans who already played the raid in the past, but certainly a serious step-up compared to MC and BWL).
    Last edited by Akka; 2020-07-27 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post

As said, AQ (and Naxx) will fall right away. Because the people who will clear it already know the content by heart. Nobody expect Method to spend weeks (or days) to reclear the latest raid once they have cleared it a first time, so why would APES (or other guilds used to farm the content) stumble over something they routinely clear ?
    Calamity has been running AQ once a week since BWL launch on a pserver.

Retail and classic isnt comparable in the amount of prep work you're allowed to do prior to entering the raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Well, the raid is also physically a lot bigger than the former two

10+ Year Old Account
    @ ryjkur

You cant open the gates first day of how the quest itself Works. Kill Lootlayer for the Head, then talk to Vael. Oh, wait, hes dead in this ID and the Player is loked out. So its a minimum of one week.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I think someone opens gate on the very first day, so we dont have to wait too long.
    This is the only thing I´m actually Curious. I doubt they will open the gates at day one. Took the players a bit more than Half a Month back in 2006. Theres a TON of stuff to gather.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    This is the only thing I´m actually Curious. I doubt they will open the gates at day one. Took the players a bit more than Half a Month back in 2006. Theres a TON of stuff to gather.

This is Mograine EU 2 days ago.

Most realms with WF guilds are similar or done.

War effort only has to be completed within 48h of patch launch for a shot at world first, when the gates all open on the 4th and 5th.
    Last edited by WaltherLeopold; 2020-07-27 at 07:46 AM.

There is no wall again. It's another 'maybe hard for stupid af players but easy af for the average person'.

And they did the same with the Naxx opening already and it took them less than 4 hours for the clear.
    Shocking that a raid that was released roughly 14 years ago is going to be cleared in hours, I don't understand how people think its going to take multiple resets. Its literally figured out content, theres no thinking or discovery about it...its literally flat performance and nothing else. Classic players don't need to be creative or think about anything in a new way, everything is figured out for them....

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Shocking that a raid that was released roughly 14 years ago is going to be cleared in hours, I don't understand how people think its going to take multiple resets. Its literally figured out content, theres no thinking or discovery about it...its literally flat performance and nothing else. Classic players don't need to be creative or think about anything in a new way, everything is figured out for them....
    Because everyone saying "DURRR classic raids are hard" are
    1- people who never did the content in vanilla and all these years lived vicariously through kungen stories.
    2- people who played on private servers where content was buffed
    3- people who did play in vanilla and can't accept the content was never actually hard you were just nerfed behind lag, 90% less players then there are on classic which means 90% less options to raid with, no server transfers which means if your healers sucked you sucked, no guides/youtube videos.

Classic/vanilla raids have VERY LITTLE mechanics... the mechanics are literally Go here..... now go here....attack this.... mages decurse.... kill boss.
    It had no fights like now a days all the raids in vanilla were honestly only hard because of lack of gear drops and needing to gear up 40 people, and naxx25 proved that, naxx25 was cleared in a day because the content just wasn't hard and everyone knew the fights just like in Classic.
    Last edited by OokOok; 2020-07-27 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Because everyone saying "DURRR classic raids are hard" are
    1- people who never did the content in vanilla and all these years lived vicariously through kungen stories.
    2- people who played on private servers where content was buffed
    3- people who did play in vanilla and can't accept the content was never actually hard you were just nerfed behind lag, 90% less players then there are on classic which means 90% less options to raid with, no server transfers which means if your healers sucked you sucked, no guides/youtube videos.
    4- People who played the content when it was actually current and not a known quantity, when it was tuned for the classes and the items that were actually available, when there weren't as many information and no people who already had cleared it 50 times already, when everyone wasn't decked in BiS on several characters and able to prepare in exactly the right way months in advance.

Funny how you left out the main reason just to be able to take a shot at people.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post

This is Mograine EU 2 days ago.

Most realms with WF guilds are similar or done.

War effort only has to be completed within 48h of patch launch for a shot at world first, when the gates all open on the 4th and 5th.
    How will that even work? Since there is no global launch of AQ, EU guilds dont have a chance anyways, do they?