Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Sometimes I wish Square would do what Blizzard does and make level 80 scaled versions of the dungeons we leveled with. It sure gets tiresome only running the same two on expert every day while I basically never touch the other ShB dungeons any more. What a waste of development time.
    I've been doing a couple of the ShB ones while leveling up some of my Jobs. They do still get run by players doing the MSQ at least. Just scaling them up wouldn't really work, Blizzard scale their dungeons to Heroic then Mythic difficulties. They're not intended to be run at 80 beyond initial gearing but are used as building blocks for more advanced content.

Without that advanced content, you're running headfirst into the same situation where you'd run the same small pool of dungeons over and over.

I think the best solution would be to increase the number of Tomestones you get from activities that are not the Expert Roulette. It won't magically add more content, but it will at least give you more diverse content to choose from.

The Dungeons that really tend to get forgotten about are the ones that were max level dungeons, but not a part of the MSQ. New players don't often unlock them, so even queuing on the 50/60/70 roulette you're not likely to see them come up often.

As for how to fix it... I'm not sure really. Maybe have them unlock automatically when you get to the appropriate level? It would diversify the pool at least. They could do the same thing with Trials too, since a lot of them are locked away behind quests players have no real incentive to do.

3+ Year Old Account
    I wanna sympathize on the dungeon front, problem is I love all the 80 dungeons quite clearly and do them often for no reason other than I love how they look and the bosses lol:

Least I'm ready the day that timer finally means something.

You also get a lot of tomes from frontlines and feast if you're on a DC that still pops it (which I think there's like two left lol). It really is a shame they cut down on the amount of dungeons they release now though. And a lot of the old ones I don't even see anymore because I don't do mentor roulette and every DOW I have is 80.
    Last edited by EllieNora; 2020-07-26 at 06:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously? People parse dungeon runs now?!

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    is there anything left to do in this game? XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Apart from Ifalna-chan sitting on the couch and serving as an animated wallpaper?

I'm afraid not. This contend drought is as dry as they come. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I think it is though. You're the first person I've seen to be so negative of the content coming in 5.3. Your posts make it seem like you're very frustrated and I can understand why, but I think you're also at the point where you're not recognizing the improvements the game has made. The story content in the game has increased tremendously in terms of production values, which explains why things are taking longer because they're making higher quality content.

I dunno you know your feelings better than me obviously, but you sound like I did in like Legion where I realized that I was just burnt out on the game.
    He's right though and this is even after they cut off another ultimate fight. I think FFXIV is the only game where they proudly announce features at pre-release events and developer streams, only to deliver it 3 content patches later which is almost 1½ years

People just want to know who the best is. Some people just want to win at things that you're not even supposed to be able to win at. Like Dungeons. Its why speed running single player games is a thing. Even in MMO's people are constantly speed running anything they can at this stage - WoW classic being an easy example to point to.

Without a form of ranking or leaderboards built into the game, parsing and timing content is the only method for doing so. And I get it. There's satisfaction to be found in the persuit of mastery. I'd probably be joining in if I didn't have other outlets for that kind of competativness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinkie View Post
    He's right though and this is even after they cut off another ultimate fight. I think FFXIV is the only game where they proudly announce features at pre-release events and developer streams, only to deliver it 3 content patches later which is almost 1½ years
    Par for the course when it comes to Squenix. They're far better at announcing stuff than they are at delivering it. It took them what... 6 years to deliver on the FF7 Remake? FF13 Versus was in development so long it ended up being renamed and released for the next console generation.

3+ Year Old Account
    To take seriously? Nah. No-one cares. But I like trying to raise the percentage up and track how many runs i've done as for the latter, there's no other way of doing so. Outside of static raiding, feast, and LP scrims/tournaments I have almost entirely entertained myself by having every DOW at 80, putting them into a roulette wheel, kicking up a Spotify playlist and just trying to 99 pink every area of shit tier lvl 80 group content, like I said - I happen to really like this game and somehow this has kept me busy for the past year and I'm pretty grateful for it lol.

Seriously, this is the best idea I've ever had when it comes to burning time in this game lmao.

Fuck AA2 though, I have more than 62 runs of it and lost countless parses to the stupid bug with the adds at the end, so I'll never have an accurate tally for it
    Last edited by EllieNora; 2020-07-26 at 06:15 AM.

Do you think it will be possible to visit other datacenters some day? I doubt ofcourse, given the waythe infrastructure is setup, but i regret not being able to visit friends on other data centers, but lack the time to level up a whole new character where they are :<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Do you think it will be possible to visit other datacenters some day? I doubt ofcourse, given the waythe infrastructure is setup, but i regret not being able to visit friends on other data centers, but lack the time to level up a whole new character where they are :<
    Its something Yoshi-P has mentioned wanting to do, but its not going to be happening any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Without a form of ranking or leaderboards built into the game, parsing and timing content is the only method for doing so.
    Unless you go in with a competent premade though, that's a complete crapshoot and the numbers are meaningless anyway, because the majority of the skilled players you'd need to compete against does not bother parsing such trivial content.

When I peek at the statistics, I see 1.5K parses per class on average (all percentiles) compared to 25K in savage raids.

No matter how you slice it, you cannot find out if you are "the best" or "winning" in that scenario. The data simply isn't there.

I get it that people are bored but I didn't think they'd be this desparate.

Most of these logs are random post-raid roulettes too.
    Even I have a 99 percentile because some random I played with went Savage before/after it.

Quote Originally Posted by EllieNora View Post
    To take seriously? Nah. No-one cares. But I like trying to raise the percentage up and track how many runs i've done as for the latter, there's no other way of doing so. Outside of static raiding, feast, and LP scrims/tournaments I have almost entirely entertained myself by having every DOW at 80, putting them into a roulette wheel, kicking up a Spotify playlist and just trying to 99 pink every area of shit tier lvl 80 group content, like I said - I happen to really like this game and somehow this has kept me busy for the past year and I'm pretty grateful for it lol.
    (
    Been doing quite the same. Kinda afraid and feeling unprepared to risk trying savage since I'm really new to the game and after you listen to the songs for a while (love the OST) it's good to just listen to Spotify while running dungeons to level alt jobs.

I get it that people are bored but I didn't think they'd be this desparate.
    You and I both know that even in Caveman times there were people trying to find out who the best Hunters were, or who the best gatherers were and so on. It's just human nature, and it's been remarkably consistent over milennia.

Hell, there was probably even an argument about who'd win in a fight between Cave Batman and Cave Superman, which concluded with the agreement that Cave Batman would win if he had time to prepare, otherwise it would be Cave Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Most of these logs are random post-raid roulettes too.
    Even I have a 99 percentile because some random I played with went Savage before/after it.
    I had a look for curiosity, turns out I got purples for DPS for the normal mode Eden's Gate I did just to unlock the Savage modes. Also got a few which were logged all the way back in Heavensward too which are on there for some reason.

Not sure if that's just the bar being set low, or that I put in an exceptional performance while just winging it.

Also rDPS is a completely dumb metric to measure by.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Babe we can't even add people when they're offline and the game has been out how many years.

I'd love to cross this hurdle first. Also cross-world friendslist is total trash

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell, there was probably even an argument about who'd win in a fight between Cave Batman and Cave Superman, which concluded with the agreement that Cave Batman would win if he had time to prepare, otherwise it would be Cave Superman.
    But only if he manages to get his hands on the green glowy stuff.

Yeah I know competitiveness seems inbred in most humans. Too bad I am not really one of them. Can't be arsed to pointlessly compete all the time. It's tiresome.

Also rDPS is a completely dumb metric to measure by.
    In what context? Like in general? If so why do you feel that way and what is a better alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    In what context? Like in general? If so why do you feel that way and what is a better alternative?
    I think neither rDPS nor aDPS are accurate enough on their own. So it's good to have both.
    I don't believe that rDPS is accurate in any way whatsoever btw.
    There is simply no way to make it accurate.

But without it, support classes such as Dancer would be "required" to do top (individual) DPS and that's just boring.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-07-27 at 01:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I tried the game for a week now and .... sigh.... it is so underwhelming... the combat is so slow, use one ability and wait for two second because my whole action bar is in cd... quests are so generic and without any sense of accomplishment that it is mind boggling, even the story quests are very bad and very boring... cut scenes with no VA, dialogues and movement of story characters are from some bad anime that never even managed to finish one season... I don't understand how this game is still alive in this day and age.... it is just slightly faster version of vanilla WoW
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by EllieNora View Post
    To take seriously? Nah. No-one cares. But I like trying to raise the percentage up and track how many runs i've done as for the latter, there's no other way of doing so. Outside of static raiding, feast, and LP scrims/tournaments I have almost entirely entertained myself by having every DOW at 80, putting them into a roulette wheel, kicking up a Spotify playlist and just trying to 99 pink every area of shit tier lvl 80 group content, like I said - I happen to really like this game and somehow this has kept me busy for the past year and I'm pretty grateful for it lol.(
    From others posts and threads I've seen you on, we are of one mind about this game. So I'm not surprised your idea sounds really fun to me and nobody else lol. I'm not sure how parsing works, never really bothered with it, but by what little I can infer from other people talking about it what you are doing is kind of like those "ghost trials" in racing games where you compare your own performance with your previous best and try to beat it. I might start looking into this if that's what it is, really sounds like something I could sink some time into. Especially once I get all my jobs to 80.

If we assume their main powers or characteristics are what define them and are also part of their cavemen selves then definitely Cave Batman. The power of Superman is, well, being super, if you turn him into a caveman he's just a really powerful caveman who probably won't know how to best use his powers. But the power of Batman is being an extremely resourceful genius, turn him into a caveman but kept his intellect and he'll most assuredly find a way to outsmart and defeat Cave Superman.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn