Covenants power is Azerite all over again

Remember when Ion told us that Azerite will

"Make players customize their characters and gives them meaningful choices to choose from
    It will make people different from each other
    We want to make changing Azerite traits hard and lock you to them for the whole class. It should be a meaningful choice
    Every trait will be good and have its uses.
    "
    But how that turned out?

Some traits was useless and never taken. An illusion of choice actually

However this time its gonna be alot worse! As balancing is gonna be super hard with 4 systems upon each other

You gotta balance classes/spec/Talents/Legendaries/Covenant abilities/soulbinds/conduits AND HOW THEY REACT IN RAIDS/DUNGOENS/PVP etc

Any any nerf/buff to anything of those will affect the other and new problems in balancing will occur

Basically you cant balance them, its an impossible task

No need for the 9.1 "we listened to you guys, rejoice! " fix it now before launch!

- - - Updated - - -

Çccccccccccccccc

The fact that covenants come with a large discreet kit (abilities, soulbinds, etc) makes them easier to balance, not harder to balance. You don't understand how video game balance works.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

I just imagine Tolkien writing Lord of The Rings and thinking ... "How am I going to balance all these characters for people to read my book?"
    There will always (always) be unbalanced powers, stronger or weaker classes. It is impossible for developers to balance all specs.
    And the addition of Covenants will not make this job easier or more difficult for them ... because this is certainly not the focus.
    Unfortunately the developers' focus (at least since Ion took over as game director) is to keep you playing as much as possible in an infinite grind .... (and at the same time keep you hypnotized in this JOB and make you believe that you are alone playing a game and having fun).
    Unfortunately they are failing in this task miserably. No one is able to enjoy the "grind-wat-life" of the world of warcraft.
    Something (or someone) needs to leave ...

Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post

"Make players customize their characters and gives them meaningful choices to choose from
    We want to make changing Azerite traits hard and lock you to them for the whole class. It should be a meaningful choice
    "
    But how that turned out?

However this time its gonna be alot worse! As balancing is gonna be super hard with 4 systems upon each other

You gotta balance classes/spec/Talents/Legendaries/Covenant abilities/soulbinds/conduits AND HOW THEY REACT IN RAIDS/DUNGOENS/PVP etc

Any any nerf/buff to anything of those will affect the other and new problems in balancing will occur

No need for the 9.1 "we listened to you guys, rejoice! " fix it now before launch!

- - - Updated - - -

Çccccccccccccccc

i really hope they just let people change covenants with no penalty. because once people realize how much work it will still take they are going to cry and whine about things all over again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    I just imagine Tolkien writing Lord of The Rings and thinking ... "How am I going to balance all these characters for people to read my book?"
    There will always (always) be unbalanced powers, stronger or weaker classes. It is impossible for developers to balance all specs.
    And the addition of Covenants will not make this job easier or more difficult for them ... because this is certainly not the focus.
    Unfortunately the developers' focus (at least since Ion took over as game director) is to keep you playing as much as possible in an infinite grind .... (and at the same time keep you hypnotized in this JOB and make you believe that you are alone playing a game and having fun).
    Unfortunately they are failing in this task miserably. No one is able to enjoy the "grind-wat-life" of the world of warcraft.
    Something (or someone) needs to leave ...
    ready to replace ion with some other guy who wont do everything the playerbase wants? bring it on.

hes probably going to be around longer than most of the vocal opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post

"
    But how that turned out?

- - - Updated - - -

Çccccccccccccccc
    That's not exactly how balance works. Changing a talent doesn't require everything else to be adjust, nor does nerfing a covenant ability. An overperforming talent or what not will be reigned in and it resolves that. Conduits are also the part of the new systems that Blizz is most likely to tweak (as they've said themselves), as it allows them to adjust performance at a spec level without touching any other spec in the game. For example, they can nerf all of a frost mages potency conduits by 15%, effectively toning down Frost mages, without that impacting anything or anyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i really hope they just let people change covenants with no penalty. because once people realize how much work it will still take they are going to cry and whine about things all over again.
    I get it, but at the same time, I personally feel it needs to be the way it is right now. WoW has gone too far in the direction of everything change be changed on a whim. It's nice to have a decision that actually has some weight to it, while still having the room to adjust. Changing back to a covenant you already left isn't even that bad, since you start right where you left off, and you will have Renown catch up to get you right back to where you should have been.

Covenant is nothing like Azerite traits though. Soulbind, maybe similar. But both the extra abilities and the actual system of the Covenants is like a big package.

Sure, you could argue that the choice might be similar, but here you actually have a choice to choose which package you want. Furious Gaze for Havoc was for Havoc only. I agree with the sentiment about azerite traits, there is not much choice there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    We have plenty of threads about the Covenants already, there is nothing here that couldn't be an informed post in one of the other threads. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead