Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm gonna be maining a DK in SL.

For shits and giggles I've prepped 4 DKs to get the 4 covenant armor sets with.

On my main Orc DK I'm going with Kyrians.

Then Night Elf DK for Night Fae.

Void Elf DK for Venthyr.

Zandalari DK for Necrolords. Even though Kul Tiran DKs look like absolute beasts in Necrolord plate set.

So gotta Four Horsemen theme going on.

draenei female forever

love that alien goat baby coming from afar with those blue frost eyes

Blood Fury lined up with so many CDs when I made the decision to make my DK an Orc. Dark Transformation and Pillar of Frost would line up every other minute, would line up for every Breath of Sindragossa, Command for Frost and Unholy ghouls and Army for both... there was just SO much synergy with the racials it was so completely satisfying - it was like the class and the race were designed to work with the other specifically with how much lined up with it. Of course, nowadays a lot of the CDs don't line up as much and things like pets were removed from Frost... but it's coming back in Shadowlands, so y'know, bit of give and take once in a while.

My DK used to be a Goblin, which early on was because I just wanted more buttons to press at lower gear levels because of the haste bonus. But once I started raiding seriously I just kind of drooled at the thought of all the synergy with the Orc racials had and couldn't stand not having that and so I eventually swapped. I still like Goblins for their armor and animations and overall they're still really fun to play as. They'd probably be what I'd go to after Orcs if Orcs suddenly had like no synergy with DKs anymore. Rocket Belt was kind of nice in niche situations where you had to survive fall damage, or jump over fires of death, so in a lot of ways Goblins were good for the scrappy kind of surviving. You could get stuck in little water puddles sometimes though. And, whether it worked like it in actuality or not, I liked to believe that Goblins had a smaller radius for hit detection so they'd be better for squeezing between AoE targeted splash damage effects and sneaking just outside the detection radius of enemies when going along walls in dungeons. In actuality they probably got hit and detected just as often as all the other races, but still - I liked to think they were a bit safer.

When I make alt DKs just to mess around on briefly, usually it's Worgen or Pandaren. Now that DKs have Wraith Walk as a talent and Death's Advance, having Darkflight as a Worgen feels so much better. The third button just adds a lot more to the DK mobility situation than when Worgen were first introduced and they basically only had DA and Unholy Presence. DKs having crit as well would be super nice just in general (mmm, Killing Machine and Wound/Ghoul builds...), but it isn't nearly as tantalizing to me to have a smaller passive bonus than a bigger stat button you can press that can line up with a lot of other buttons and feel tailored to a class' signature abilities. It's kind of nice that Pandaren can have an extra interrupt with Quaking Palm because then you can do things like talent into more interrupts with things like Death Grips CD refresh on every mob death or Blinding Sleet, but that kind of build can only be fun on trash and immediately becomes the least fun thing in the world when you're presented with any kind of boss that says no to grips and sleet and strangling and palms. It's sad when you have to regularly consume crafted goods just to get the kind of passive power bonuses other races just take for granted, as well. I wonder if there would ever be races with increased enchant power or increased flask power or increased gem power as their throughput racials...?

Back in Wotlk i made a human DK to resemble my human paladin, with a similar name just to RP a bit, but i think most core races which were around during Wc3 is entirely reasonable to me (lorewise), but i love how Arcane Torrent for bloodelfs lines up with Gorefiends grasp for tanking, it is a such a nice comp.

Human, nice to have another stun breaker! (And massively oversized 2-handers of course!)

Human male and Nightelf female. The two models in the game that have the least amount of clipping and other visual glitches.

Though they're both restricted to only swords, as both hit themselves in the face with wider weapons when running with them in hand.

Orc always for Horde and Worgen always for Alliance.

Unholyground is my Orc

Plagueclaw is my Worgen

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Draenei, I found the idea of Arthas taking perverse pleasure in twisting someone so intriniscally devoted to the light suitably edgy as a young adult.

Of course, I don't actually play alliance anymore because I like raiding so I don't play one.
    What do you play instead?

- - - Updated - - -

My DK was originally a blood elf but I haven’t been Horde since Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    I made a female Draenei DK back in WOTLK that I still have today, I originally did this due to the girls having the nicest 2-handed animations in my personal view and as backup, they have really nice 1-handed animations too -- which given the way DK has played it between what weapon types the specs use, it was a great choice.
    Yeah female Draenei have the best melee and casting animations in the game imo. I love how my enh shaman and shadow priest look

10+ Year Old Account
    I play my Blood DK as Vulpera cause Nose for Trouble is OP, and plus why not ^.^

elves would be cool if their 2handed animation was ridiculous... so it goes to humans that make the most sense lorewise and combine good looks with satisfying heavy animations

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Human because of Arthas/LK.
    I like to RP in my head a bit.

Horde i play Zandalari, just because they look brutal and are big.
    Yes, exactly.

KT human

They look so badass with a epic DK-mog and the big body

Nightborne.

Because... Nightborne. Duh.

I have a blood elf. Want a human, dranei, or undead.

Forsaken DK, I feel that they are a very interesting lore race/class combo. Either your a forsaken who died, got freed, and died again and was raised with more power this time or a person who died, raised as a dk, ended up decomposing more and found themselves more aligned with Lordaeron and the forsaken and not Stormwind humans. You could also be a DK who is spying on Slyvannas (well not anymore) for the Ebon Blade. I also feel that the forsaken racials fit with the DK lore. Touch of the grave, cannibalise, will of the forsaken, and permanent underwater breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    Note that this can be for any reason.
    Mine is Female Draenei, but then it is for just about anything that it's available for. They look good, and Gift of the Naaru is a very nice "Oh, crud!" save in open world content if one over-pulls, dismounts too high up, etc., which is most of what I do these days. Hell, with all the grind it's probably most of what everyone does these days.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Human. But female Kul Tiran and male Zandalari look pretty sweet.

Human and Orc

BE is great too, especially if I'm playing breath for the 20 RP

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elf Female.
    Because way too hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I'm gonna be maining a DK in SL.

For shits and giggles I've prepped 4 DKs to get the 4 covenant armor sets with.

On my main Orc DK I'm going with Kyrians.

Then Night Elf DK for Night Fae.

Void Elf DK for Venthyr.

Zandalari DK for Necrolords. Even though Kul Tiran DKs look like absolute beasts in Necrolord plate set.

So gotta Four Horsemen theme going on.

Zandalari male look absolutely amazing with the black-ish tint of the Venthyr set. Like - out of a different game - good.
    I'm certainly going to play as one in SL, with the brown-ish skin colour, you almost won't notice the lack of boots.