Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yeah Democrats own up. Change your party name since it’s historically been the party of racism. Also get that Democrat Andrew Jackson off the 20$ bill, that was anti-abolitionist and is known for the Trail of Tears.
    Didn't they try and remove Jackson and replace with Tubman?

Can't tell if you're kidding about that first part of your post....

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Democrats own up. Change your party name since it’s historically been the party of racism. Also get that Democrat Andrew Jackson off the 20$ bill, that was anti-abolitionist and is known for the Trail of Tears.
    They did. They changed their name to the Republican Party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

"Well, Andrew Jackson had a great history, and I think it's very rough when you take somebody off the bill. I think Harriet Tubman is fantastic, but I would love to leave Andrew Jackson or see if we can maybe come up with another denomination."
    -Donald John Trump

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    They did. They changed their name to the Republican Party.
    Lol, well done, sir. Well done.

3+ Year Old Account
    Ironic coming from Gohmert who without a doubt would be a slave owning democrat if this was the right year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    “I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little later, you wouldn’t have had the civil war,” Trump told the Examiner’s Salena Zito. “He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart.

He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the civil war. He said, ‘There’s no reason for this.’ People don’t realize, you know, the civil war – if you think about it, why? People don’t ask that question, but why was there a civil war? Why could that one not have been worked out?”
    Uhm... couple of things... Trump is a big fan of Andrew Jackson, so I’m sure that’s safe. Second... I don’t think Trump knows who Andrew Jackson actually is... because he couldn’t have seen the civil war, to be angry about it... I’ll let you guess why... Hint: Not deep state...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    If the left wants to make everyone else change any name connected to the Confederacy or Slavery, then surely the Democrat party name should be changed since it was the party to support slavery and segregation.

Don't argue that things have changed. Things have changed for all the others as well.
    Good news - you're going to be thrilled. We just realized the old racist Democratic party already changed their name.

They are called Republicans now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Good news - you're going to be thrilled. We just realized the old racist Democratic party already changed their name.

They are called Republicans now.
    Let’s put a spin on it... where did republican voters come from, during Lincoln... because if we are going to call democrats racist, let’s discuss who voted for anti slavery republicans and who didn’t... Current republican strong holds, did not vote for Lincoln... they attacked him...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    If the left wants to make everyone else change any name connected to the Confederacy or Slavery, then surely the Democrat party name should be changed since it was the party to support slavery and segregation.

Don't argue that things have changed. Things have changed for all the others as well.
    Why didn’t the south vote for a republican, during Lincoln’s time? Why did current republican strong holds, rise up against Lincoln the republican and still carry the flag if rising up against this republican? What is so different between Lincoln, to be so hated by the south then, to now be a republican strong hold with support for Trump?

What changed between Lincoln and Trump, for current republican voter strong holds, to not support a republican... to such an extent, they still wave flags for attacking him? What changed?

Why has part of the country that is all in on Republicans now, attack republicans named Lincoln?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    Ironic coming from Gohmert who without a doubt would be a slave owning democrat if this was the right year.
    Ironic coming from the same republicans, waving the flag that started a civil war over Lincoln the republican being against slavery... If Lincoln is such an icon of GOP today, why ya all fighting to keep a flag of those that tried to kill him?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Let’s put a spin on it... where did republican voters come from, during Lincoln... because if we are going to call democrats racist, let’s discuss who voted for anti slavery republicans and who didn’t... Current republican strong holds, did not vote for Lincoln... they attacked him...

- - - Updated - - -

Why didn’t the south vote for a republican, during Lincoln’s time? Why did current republican strong holds, rise up against Lincoln the republican and still carry the flag if rising up against this republican? What is so different between Lincoln, to be so hated by the south then, to now be a republican strong hold with support for Trump?

What changed between Lincoln and Trump, for current republican voter strong holds, to not support a republican... to such an extent, they still wave flags for attacking him? What changed?

Why has part of the country that is all in on Republicans now, attack republicans named Lincoln?

- - - Updated - - -

Ironic coming from the same republicans, waving the flag that started a civil war over Lincoln the republican being against slavery... If Lincoln is such an icon of GOP today, why ya all fighting to keep a flag of those that tried to kill him?
    And herein lies the rub - the GOP knows all this, and the "Congressman's" bill is just a big distraction effort, doing whatever they can to take the spotlight off their own abysmal record.

All anyone has to look at today is which political party is fighting for equal rights for all, and which party is called the GOP. They are not the same.

All anyone has to look at today is which political party is fighting for equal rights for all, and which party is called the GOP. They are not the same.
    Their excuse for this is that "everyone has equal rights, but the Democrats think that minorities are lesser people who need extra rights."

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    What about the people that are being cancelled over something they said 10-12 years ago on twitter? I'm sure they have changed since then right? Doesn't seem to matter to the cancel mob.
    Imagine being such a simp that you actually believe in cancel culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    Imagine being such a simp that you actually believe in cancel culture.
    Tump’s simps can be screaming “lock her up” for a damn near decade, while complaining bout cancel culture.

Tump’s simps can be screaming “lock her up” for a damn near decade, while complaining bout cancel culture.
    I mean, if Green Jesus doesn't protect these poor celebrities from making jokes about beating their kids if they turn out to be gay, making overtly racist comments, or jokes (and in Milo's case, defenses for) behaviors that are so disgusting I won't even repeat, who will!?!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    I mean, if Green Jesus doesn't protect these poor celebrities from making jokes about beating their kids if they turn out to be gay, making overtly racist comments, or jokes (and in Milo's case, defenses for) behaviors that are so disgusting I won't even repeat, who will!?!?
    To be fair... that one teletubies, had it coming...

To be fair... that one teletubies, had it coming...
    Remember that time Louie CK got cancelled for inviting female comics up to his room and jerking off in front of them, then a few years later he sold out a bunch of stand up venues?

Be nice if cancel culture WAS a real thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Sadly people will fall for this stuff. If I was a Democrat I would have immediately gave the House a history lesson on the two parties and the GOPs 'Southern Strategy' to put an end to that nonsense.
    They know full well of their own histories. They are relying on the ignorance of the basic right winger base to fall for it.

You couldn't be more wrong. The "left" is trying to remove historical celebrations of racism - like Confederate statues. The Democratic Party has changed from what it was before.

The difference seems to be well beyond your grasp - shocking no one on this forum.
    The interesting part of all of this, of course, is that that wicked Left, those rabid Democrats.........are tearing down statues of Democrats, because that's what the Confederates were.

Seems like we can distinguish a name from one's actual actions.

As for the Gandhi thing, as an Indian immigrant myself - his racism towards Africans early in his career is quite widely known. I happen to be of the belief that he changed and renounced those views by the time he was leading India to nonviolent independence (and there's some of his beliefs on records to indicate that), but I can imagine why Africans wouldn't want a statue venerating him.

In that regard, I think Grant and Gandhi kind of fall in the same regard.

How is that stimulus coming along? McConnell said republicans will need weeks of bickering? Both sides, ey?

- - - Updated - - -

They will do anything, other than pass a stimulus. They know it’s bad optics to not pass it, so they are set to string it along in a GOP internal fight, as they pull these stunts instead.

They need time to add all the pork to the bill!

The position that the Congressman is taking has nothing to do with what the "left" is doing - he's just trying to muddy the waters.
    Probably to obscure that he himself is just something brown floating on top.