Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I couldn't care less as to what people use to play the game

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Who the hell you think you are telling me what I should accept and what not???

Not going to happen. Not that I'm against the idea of it coming to console. Just never going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to be honest.
    Imagine all the threads we will get after console players will try to do any "Hard" content.

I probably will never play on a controller but it is probably feasible for most activities. Remeber that an Xbox controller has 4 main buttons and 4 shoulder buttons. With only 1 shoulder shift you have 20 potential commands. This doesn't count the cross pad and other buttons.
    The joy stick is also going to be a step up from the keyboard turner since it is analog and has different speeds.

I still think it is chunkier and less elegant then my keyboard and Bearpaw style trackball but its doable.

However you will still need a keyboard for advance communication, layout set up, macros and more. However you can easily attach a keyboard to an Xbox. A mouse too for that matter.

People can play with whatever they want and enjoy for all I care, but trying to convince it's not putting yourself at disadvantage vs. keyboard & mouse is fucking absurd and delusional.

And linking a video where someone does content X with a controller doesn't prove your point any better than pvp montage video of some rando clicking his shit.

just imagine some 4/15 heroic guild refusing players because they are using controller, becaseu controller are for noob

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    just imagine some 4/15 heroic guild refusing players because they are using controller, becaseu controller are for noob
    Nothing wrong with that since the applicant who plays with mouse and keyboard will be better player in time than the one with controller 100%.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Can I however blacklist all players using console/controler?? I don't want to have that one guy in my group that never ever interupts because "lulz targot swothung on controlor iz hart"

Quote Originally Posted by Artale View Post
    The main difference is the speed of combat. FFXIV has 2,5 sec base GCD vs WoW's 1,5.
    And that is disingenuous. Ffxiv has a ton of abilities that are used in between gcds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Can't wait to be honest.
    Imagine all the threads we will get after console players will try to do any "Hard" content.
    I hope you don't mind waiting for a long-ass time because Blizz confirmed that WoW/SL is not coming to consoles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    Can I however blacklist all players using console/controler?? I don't want to have that one guy in my group that never ever interupts because "lulz targot swothung on controlor iz hart"
    Similarly, I'd like to blacklist all the 'REEEE U DONT PLAY WOW HOW I THINK U SHULD' types.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    I mean. As someone who has played FFXIV on a controller I don't see an issue. That game has way more ability bloat than WoW ever will and it's pretty manageable. Would I want to play it as my only option? No way but I really don't think you will be able to tell like people think you will.

The majority of content you would even be doing it doesn't matter in the least and I highly doubt most people would be trying to do mythic content. And even then I still don't think it would be that bad.
    It is not mainly just for the control but also bosses and raid mechanics.

Because of the fact that they will make WoW support controller? that means WoW raiding mechanics will be dumbed down.

WoW in general has the edge over any other mmorpg for being advanced when it comes to raiding bosses mechanics and not just "avoid shit in the ground and avoid the cone breath of the boss" which most modern mmo games has.

You will never see complex interesting mechanics for bosses encounters because it will be too much for controller. So overall they will most probably optimize the raiding encounters and bosses to make it super simple to support controller users.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    It is not mainly just for the control but also bosses and raid mechanics.

Because of the fact that they will make WoW support controller? that means WoW raiding mechanics will be dumbed down.

WoW in general has the edge over any other mmorpg for being advanced when it comes to raiding bosses mechanics and not just "avoid shit in the ground and avoid the cone breath of the boss" which most modern mmo games has.

You will never see complex interesting mechanics for bosses encounters because it will be too much for controller. So overall they will most probably optimize the raiding encounters and bosses to make it super simple to support controller users.
    Final Fantasy XIV disagree's with you and people have been playing WoW with a controller for years.

There isn't one class in WoW that is harder to play than a class in FFXIV and FFXIV also has a ton of boss mechanics in both raids and dungeons in comparison to WoW's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    WoW bosses are more complex than they have ever been, this is a stupid and baseless concern.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Some people can't play, at all, unless it's a controller they're using. This is meant to aid disabled people, to give them a chance to enjoy the game as well.

If you, without any disability choose to play like this is just because you're too lazy for this world. And we know many will, but let's not drive away from the main purpose and be happy it was added.

I love how this has become an official thread.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Wow has been on a path to console release for years.

They’ve stripped abilities, dumbed the game down to the point a caveman can succeed in it, and recently added controller support

All roads lead to console
    Shit man you're so woke.

Except they're adding a lot of those abilities back over the years. If they wanted to make WoW a console game, they'd have done it before Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artale View Post
    The main difference is the speed of combat. FFXIV has 2,5 sec base GCD vs WoW's 1,5.
    FFXIV also has no haste. Meaning FFXIV is a static 2.5 sec GCD (with some off-GCD abilities) while WoW can go below 1 sec for many specs without much effort (Bloodlust and basic gear is enough for most).

As others have said, I can’t imagine healing with a controller. Especially in a game with constant incoming damage and frantic damage windows while picking priority targets. Seems like it would need a massive game design overhaul to pull it off.
    Maybe, but with something like using the right analog stick with customizable sensitivity being able to work, it seems like you’d have to angle your right hand down (instead of sideways) to allow your index and middle finger to press buttons, which then seems to limit usage of shoulder buttons.
    I’d say it’s possible, but keyboard and mouse just seem much more user friendly and responsive.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Wow has been on a path to console release for years.

They’ve stripped abilities, dumbed the game down to the point a caveman can succeed in it, and recently added controller support

All roads lead to console
    I guess you are the hall of fame raider and 3k pvp rating dude throwing out those complaints?
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Final Fantasy XIV disagree's with you and people have been playing WoW with a controller for years.

There isn't one class in WoW that is harder to play than a class in FFXIV and FFXIV also has a ton of boss mechanics in both raids and dungeons in comparison to WoW's.
    People have been playing WoW with a controller yes, but they absolutely suck. It's undeniably worse.

FFXIV has a much longer GCD which allows for it to be easier to control with a controller. It also has delay and absolutely awful PvP, meaning precision of control is less important.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Some people can't play, at all, unless it's a controller they're using. This is meant to aid disabled people, to give them a chance to enjoy the game as well.

If you, without any disability choose to play like this is just because you're too lazy for this world. And we know many will, but let's not drive away from the main purpose and be happy it was added.
    I don't think anyone has a problem with the controller functionality being supported at all, but rather with the notion that WoW might be simplified and slowed down for the purpose of feeling good to play on one. The former has no consequences on its own, while the latter means the game becomes even less interesting in combat than it currently is.