Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The more we pretend those comics never happened, the better. It's terribly hard to say anything positive about them... Even the artstyle was iffy.
    I'm still salty they changed the loading screens and went from this beautiful art:

To the ugly comic style:

And it doesn't seem like they're planning on changing them again any time soon, despite Varian being dead, Sylvanas being gone, Lor'themar being redesigned, and I guess that's Muradin who doesn't do much? Speaking of, maybe it's a good thing they don't update it, or else we'd be looking at this every time we log in.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2020-07-26 at 04:23 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    I'm still salty they changed the loading screens and went from this beautiful art:

To the ugly comic style:

And it doesn't seem like they're planning on changing them again any time soon, despite Varian being dead, Sylvanas being gone, Lor'themar being redesigned, and I guess that's Muradin who doesn't do much? Speaking of, maybe it's a good thing they don't update it, or else we'd be looking at this every time we log in.
    Honestly, the worst part about that new background is that every single character there is drawn using a different artstyle. We've got pseudo realistic Genn next to weabo-Sylvanas....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Is Christie Golden a good source for stuff that isn't her own writing at this point?
    She wrote Genn with a tail
    She literally says "i think" when she talks about Valeera's age. She's pretty clear she doesn't know for certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    You missed the point. Don't worry.
    To miss something, it has to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Honestly, the worst part about that new background is that every single character there is drawn using a different artstyle. We've got pseudo realistic Genn next to weabo-Sylvanas....
    The Eastern Kingdoms ones were actually all done by Ludo Lullabi for the leader short story series. He also did the pencil work for the main comic series, the Ashbringer miniseries, Curse of the Worgen miniseries, basically all of them that weren't marketed as manga like the Sunwell Trilogy done by the awesome Jae-Hwan Kim who also did the art for King of Hell.

You're right that they're different for Kalimdor's though. Here they use Wei Wang's Tyrande, Velen, Baine, Gallywix, Glenn Rane's Vol'jin art from the Shadows of the Horde novel cover, possibly Thrall is by Glenn Rane as well, but I'm not sure.

But yeah, since Ludo Lullabi did the comics, I call that "comic style" which I think is vastly inferior to Wei Wang who did most of the iconic artwork for WoW but left Blizzard in 2017. Check out his page at WoWPedia: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Wei_Wang

My favorite piece of his is this for the Through the Dark Portal set of the TCG, the first one I got for my birthday as a kid, depicting my favorite race at their edgy peak, and the only good draenei, the girls.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2020-07-26 at 08:04 PM.

wait what, That doesnt make sense, She should be much older Since she was around in Wrath of the lich king took place around year 34 (year zero being the first war)

And I think we are already in year 45 or 46? And she was already an early Adult in Wrath so she should be late 20 or early 30 i think

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    She has no role, he's just a sword holder, but they all love her sexy model.
    in certain cultures that has multiple meanings XD
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    It's official.

Anduin will be porking Valeera and they will make beautiful half-even babies otgether.
    I think they set Talia up for that. Unless they need a quick woke injection then it will be Wrathion, despite them saying different before .

Anyway, I thought she was between 16-18 in the gladiator comic. The restis math with a wonky-ass timeline as basis.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    wait what, That doesnt make sense, She should be much older Since she was around in Wrath of the lich king took place around year 34 (year zero being the first war)

And I think we are already in year 45 or 46? And she was already an early Adult in Wrath so she should be late 20 or early 30 i think
    Wat?

Wrath was in year 27, not 34... the end time of Legion/start of BFA was year 33
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-07-26 at 11:10 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post

Wrath was year 27.

We should be currently in year 34 or 35.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Maybe it will be more consistent with canon.
    I would not doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Unless they need a quick woke injection then it will be Wrathion, despite them saying different before .
    I am sure they will do that if their public opinion falls even further. I want to see how far it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post

To the ugly comic style:

Going from Wei Wang art to outsourced various unpopular comic book artists... I'll never understand how this was approved. These don't fit the art style of the game.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *sniffs*

A steamy teen romance Warcraft novel coming soon to a bookstore or AuDiBlE near YOU!

SIGN UP TODAY FOR AUDIBLE AND GET ONE WHOLE FREE AUDIOBOOK WITH YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WOWWWW WHAT A STEEEEEAL!!! AMAZINGGGG
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Wait, don't elves age differently than humans? Pretty sure that there's no way she is actually 18 as 18 standard years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    It's official.

Anduin will be porking Valeera and they will make beautiful half-even babies otgether.

Human potential strikes again.

10+ Year Old Account
    ......wait?! HUH?!

If Val was supposed to be *that* young (~15-16) then maybe the writers should have told the artists. In my book, this is NOT a mid-teen, especially not an elven one:

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah there's no way she is 18 years old if Anduin is meant to be 18 during this expansion and she is older than him. More concerning is that Golden is throwing around ideas about more Anduins at the start of that Twitter thread...
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    WTF with people always misinterpreting what Blizz has to say? Intentional or are some people just that illiterate?
    lol right.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    I would not doubt that.
    I think they would learn on their mistakes.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.