Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Well, the military isn't supposed to be removing him in that instance. The Secret Service and/or DC police would be the ones to do so.
    This is all untested. Who do the secret service serve? And I don't think the police are allowed to enter the WH without permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The military is actually a last option, but they would be duty bound to remove him based on their oaths. They are bound to protect the nation from all enemies, both foreign and domestic. If the SS, as Trump calls them, fails to remove him it would ultimately fall to the military to remove the domestic threat to our democracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, but the hard part about Harvard is getting in. Not graduating. And when someone didn’t actually learn anything from their education it means their degree is a bullshit piece of paper and you shouldn’t be utilizing their services.
    Degrees are often just pieces of paper.

And no, people should not be utilizing her services. It's not a result of a "bullshit degree," but because she's fucking crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    And you better hope #4 remains true. The military deciding who is President would be the last nail in the coffin of the US being anything other than an overblown banana republic.
    Your solution would be for Trump to remain in office even if he loses the election?

Unfortunately, I see your point. Which substantially reinforces his comment about how far this country has fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    This is all untested. Who do the secret service serve? And I don't think the police are allowed to enter the WH without permission.
    The Secret Service serves the office, not the person. Also, from what I understand, many would relish the opportunity to take him out by the ear at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    We have Harvard graduates who are still batshit crazy. That's not an indictment on their degrees, it's a personal failing on their part.

I believe were saying the same thing, more or less. I'd say that the degree isn't bullshit, her being deserving of that degree is.
    And that is what makes her degree bullshit. Why would I deserve degree in climate science if I think it's all Chinese hoax and nonsense? What merit would a degree granted to me have? None, it'd be bullshit, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The military is actually a last option, but they would be duty bound to remove him based on their oaths. They are bound to protect the nation from all enemies, both foreign and domestic. If the SS, as Trump calls them, fails to remove him it would ultimately fall to the military to remove the domestic threat to our democracy.
    Sure, but honestly at this point I think they'd have to get in line. Possibly behind a large contingent of millions of citizens willing to do the job for them.

The Secret Service serve the United States Constitution.

The police cannot enter WH grounds without permission, it is federal property, and a secure installation.

I dont think there's a shot this scenario happens. But, if it does, they are not going to risk their lives to protect him. People would rush the White House, and burn it to the fucking ground before they let Trump stay in power after being voted out.

This talk about him refusing to leave is absurd. It's not even a remote possibility. It is literal treason, and would be extremely dangerous for him to undertake. Trp may be a lot of things, but brave he is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    And that is what makes her degree bullshit. Why would I deserve degree in climate science if I think it's all Chinese hoax and nonsense? What merit would a degree granted to me have? None, it'd be bullshit, right?
    Her receiving the degree is bullshit. I dont want to downgrade that degree for others, because she happens to be a lunatic.

The Secret Service serve the United States Constitution.

The police cannot enter WH grounds without permission, it is federal property, and a secure installation.

I dont think there's a shot this scenario happens. But, if it does, they are not going to risk their lives to protect him. People would rush the White House, and burn it to the fucking ground before they let Trump stay in power after being voted out.

This talk about him refusing to leave is absurd. It's not even a remote possibility. It is literal treason, and would be extremely dangerous for him to undertake. Trp may be a lot of things, but brave he is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Her receiving the degree is bullshit. I dont want to downgrade that degree for others, because she happens to be a lunatic.
    I would like to agree with you. But as an outsider I see a country that has rules and laws that are in effect toilet paper if certain people don't want to enforce them.
    And when it comes to an uprising... I'm not so sure the american people have it in them. What is happening right now should've been a cause of massive backlash already.

Her receiving the degree is bullshit, just as much as her degree is bullshit. She should not have it, period, and that's why it's bullshit. That doesn't mean everyone elses degree is also bullshit. Just the ones who quite clearly do not in any way qualify to have one, but still do, by god knows what means used to obtain it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I would like to agree with you. But as an outsider I see a country that has rules and laws that are in effect toilet paper if certain people don't want to enforce them.
    And when it comes to an uprising... I'm not so sure the american people have it in them.
    If Trump tries to subvert democracy, risk his life, and try to forcefully remain in the White House... you will have tens of thousands of armed people willing to kill him and anyone protecting him.

Military members may Trump supporters as a whole, but they aren't that fucking stupid.

Trump would be killed, and his fat corpse would be dragged down Pennsylvania Avenue, and burned on the National Mall.

Trump wants to rule, only when it's easy. Trying to be Preaident in a time like that would be difficult. Trump is no martyr, he's a coward.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    The Secret Service serves the office, not the person. Also, from what I understand, many would relish the opportunity to take him out by the ear at this point.
    I highly doubt you can hang around Trump for 4 years and not hate him. He is not a particularly charming person. Still, the Secret Service is not an organization I have much respect for, they are desperately in need of a severe overhaul and better oversight.

Here is a nice breakdown from 3 years ago
    , they haven't gotten better since then. It is a string of absolutely disgraceful behaviors, that speak to an organization that is fundamentally lacking in discipline. Historically we only look at the Secret Service critically after a President gets shot, and that hasn't happened in a while. They have a really comprehensive security systems, but that pattern of heavy drinking, utilizing prostitutes, and other issues is the sort of easily exploitable security issue that really needs to stop.

The secret service got the job after Lincoln got shot, because the Treasury department was convenient for providing the service. I am not overly fond of the name, or the department owning it. We need to have a better executive protection service, I don't like "Secret" in the name of a group of armed men that hang out with the President. I wouldn't care if they were a bit more dedicated to responsible conduct and professionalism, but as it is I don't trust them at all.

And when it comes to an uprising... I'm not so sure the american people have it in them.
    Hmm then I'd say you haven't been watching very closely. There have been protests day and night in DC since May. They've largely been peaceful, but Trump and his administration have pushed people so far the past 3+ years that it's not going to take much more to drive them over the edge. I'd say his refusal to leave if he lost the election would be enough to do so.

Hell, I'd fly back in myself if more hands were needed to force that fat fuck through the doors.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Teump tries to subvert democracy, risk his life, and try to forcefully remain in the White House... you will have tens of thousands of armed people willing to kill him and anyone protecting him.

Military members may Trump supporters as a whole, but they aren't that fucking stupid.

Trump would be killed, and his fat corpse would be dragged down Pennsylvania Avenue, and burned on the National Mall.
    That is really excessive. Nothing like that would happen. He would is a coward and a bully, if anyone tried to remove them he would just go, and live to tweet another day.

Hmm then I'd say you haven't been watching very closely. There have been protests day and night in DC since May. They've largely been peaceful, but Trump and his administration have pushed people so far the past 3+ years that it's not going to take much more to drive them over the edge. I'd say his refusal to leave if he lost the election would be enough to do so.

Hell, I'd fly back in myself if more hands were needed to force that fat fuck through the doors.
    Sell raffle tickets to fund M4A.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    That is really excessive. Nothing like that would happen. He would is a coward and a bully, if anyone tried to remove them he would just go, and live to tweet another day.
    Oh, I agree. I dont think that there's any chance he tries to stay in office in such a scenario. He won't, because people would go after him, and fuck his world up.

Trump may be a megalomaniac, but he's not brave. He's certainly not willing to risk his life.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-07-28 at 04:17 PM.

I highly doubt you can hang around Trump for 4 years and not hate him. He is not a particularly charming person. Still, the Secret Service is not an organization I have much respect for, they are desperately in need of a severe overhaul and better oversight.
    I can understand that. I have two friends who were in the Secret Service for about a decade but decided it wasn't for them during this admin, partly because of the issues you mention but also because the Secret Service is severely understaffed (and has been since Obama's admin). Oh, and also because they got tired of hearing Trump berating people for something fucking stupid on a daily basis. One of them is now in some private security job elsewhere and the other dropped out of that field altogether and has been at the protests in DC just about every day.

Add it to the list of things the next person in office is going to have to clean up, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand that. I have two friends who were in the Secret Service for about a decade but decided it wasn't for them during this admin, partly because of the issues you mention but also because the Secret Service is severely understaffed (and has been since Obama's admin). Oh, and also because they got tired of hearing Trump berating people for something fucking stupid on a daily basis. One of them is now in some private security job elsewhere and the other dropped out of that field altogether and has been at the protests in DC just about every day.

Add it to the list of things the next person in office is going to have to clean up, I guess.
    I interviewed with them after getting out of the Army. I really hadn't heard anything bad about them up to that point. I really didn't like the climate or the job descriptions, and so declined any follow on interviews. It looked like a horrible job to me, which might be why they haven't been getting the best people in there. The pay is actually surprisingly poor. Captain to senior Secret Service agent would have been a major pay cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The people who have been laid off and who cannot find a job, because the jobs don't exist, will eventually run out of money, and die.
    Nice to have something to look forward to.

Better get my will finalized so there is no question about what to do with the big old pile of diddly squat bills I will leave behind for my wife and children.

I guess my 5 year old probably isn't starting school this year, maybe Trump's plan will have him working in the coal mines to pay the mortgage instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

It looked like a horrible job to me, which might be why they haven't been getting the best people in there. The pay is actually surprisingly poor. Captain to senior Secret Service agent would have been a major pay cut.
    The consensus seemed to be that if you were single and had no life then it was tolerable because you'd be constantly putting in overtime and traveling. I suspect the abundance of overtime made up for the base pay. Basically you were rewarded for being a loner with absolutely nothing else going on.

But if you had a family or at the very least a group of friends you cared for then you might as well say goodbye to them because you won't see them for the duration of your employment.

10+ Year Old Account
    The consensus seemed to be that if you were single and had no life then it was tolerable because you'd be constantly putting in overtime and traveling. I suspect the abundance of overtime made up for the base pay. Basically you were rewarded for being a loner with absolutely nothing else going on.

But if you had a family or at the very least a group of friends you cared for then you might as well say goodbye to them because you won't see them for the duration of your employment.
    Well that explains the drinking and prostitution I guess. Fair assessment, although not a fantastic position for that sort of organization to be in.

Still, since this isn't a problem that is in any way unique to Trump, although it is connected to him now, I will let the thread get back on topic.