Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    everything is part of grand design.

have faith!!!
    You understand, we're talking about the Blizzard Dev team, here, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    There must to be a prince to save the princess. This time Anduin is a princess.
    See what I mean. Blizzard Dev Team. They fuck up a lot. Anduin needed written by someone a little more competent. He can't stay a boy forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm sure Taelia will have some role in Shadowlands, given her strong connection to Bolvar as her father. I don't think she'll marry Anduin, though; or at least not in Shadowlands itself. The two have yet to have any kind of relationship beyond their initial meeting.
    Can you read between the text, though? Anduin isn't inviting Taelia to Stormwind out of courtesy. I'm not sure I would categorize it as a love interest, but that's the implication we are expected to have. And Flynn ain't gonna like it!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    If she's not in SL, tagging the speculation here as SL spoiler is rather misguided.
    You're not wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Taelia has one model 9.0.1 most likely for pre-patch. The meeting of Anduin and Taelia is inevitable, was forced into 8.0.1 and 8.3, maybe comic or cinematic before the pre-patch.
    Oh, that would suck....

Maybe it will be R rated then.... who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    What's the spoiler? Or are we now doing clickbait titles on mmo champ?
    None, and yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Why would she be in Shadowlands? A young warrior with barely any experience or special ability does not make for a great candidate to bring to the literal afterlife, which is threatened by an ancient evil stronger than even the Legion.

There will be time for Taelia and Bolvar to reunite when the expansion is over and Jailer and Sylvanas are defeated.
    Well, her father IS a pivotal character in SL. Not that she's aware of that yet. And what do you think she's going to do when someone drops that bomb on her, because I know what I would do...
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I guess, but she won't be killed since you cannot truly die within the Shadowlands as far as I know, it is the ultimate cop-out by Blizzard from a story telling standpoint haha.
    If something dies in the shadowlands it is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    No way is Tess marrying Anduin. LOL. Genn doesn't even know she's trained as a Rogue for starters and her mother would probably have a heart attack if she found out what her daughter was doing during Legion. Tess obviously being in the "Rebellious Daughter/Princess" phase aside, I doubt Genn would WANT her to marry Anduin anyway.
    I could see a competition occurring. And to be fair, if there actually IS a good writer in the Blizzard development team, they would do this. They could even do it in the form of everyone pushing Anduin to, say.... Tess, because she actually IS royalty, despite all she has done that would be against her father's better judgment. And to that, Tess is definitely Genn's daughter. And make no mistake about this, Genn might have his misgivings about Anduin, but those misgivings are along the lines of "you definitely aren't your father", of whom Genn respected. I suspect, if Arthas' father say upon the Lordaeron Throne at the time, Genn would have remained out of service to the Alliance. Varian is who brought him back, and Genn is not sorry about that. I don't think he'd object to Anduin courting his daughter, either. But then, Anduin is royalty, but his heart is not in being a Wrynn of the Kingdom of Stormwind, which is something Taelia could more relate to, because she has effectively been orphaned by her father, and also not royalty, but has the potential to live up to her father's living legacy, as opposed to piddling around as a rogue, and being rebellious to her father. Both of these women's quirks could make for a good drama-filled plot line with very real consequences.

So, we're just gonna ignore the fact that he was personally trained as a Priest by Velen, who was basically a second father to him.
    Well, I'm not. Velen is my racial leader. yes, I am a draenei, at least as far as Azeroth is concerned.

OK then. As an aside, Genn would be more of the crazy uncle type though obviously Genn somewhat views Anduin as surrogate replacement for his own son who died.
    yes, this is also true, but also, not someone he doesn't like. It is possible, and likely, that Genn's intentions for Tess are not to lead Gilneas as its queen, but to rule alongside the son of Varian Wrynn over both the Gilneans AND the kingdoms under Anduin's dominion.

Jaina's an aunt to Anduin so she's out for consideration as well (I think she's in her early 30s now?).
    I'm a little shocked, but not overly disappointed that Jaina and Varian were never closer. It's hard to be a mage, and have a courtship that doesn't interfere with your studies and use of magic. But if one was going to happen, that was who I was sure it would be with.

If we're talking potential suitors for Anduin...eh. I think Blizzard will table that for a while longer or rather they should. Why? Because he needs more development as a character on all fronts and it would be more complicated to introduce a legit love interest for him just yet.
    I'm not going to disagree. I will only suggest that perhaps Taelia and/or Tess could develop him, even if not in the form of a courtship. Give him a look at his own character, not as the King of Stormwind, but as Anduin Wrynn.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    Can you read between the text, though? Anduin isn't inviting Taelia to Stormwind out of courtesy. I'm not sure I would categorize it as a love interest, but that's the implication we are expected to have. And Flynn ain't gonna like it!!!
    Nothing to really read is pretty much my point. Bolvar was like a father to Anduin especially while Varian himself was missing for most of Classic and TBC, and of course that gives him a strong potential connection to Bolvar's daughter Taelia. That doesn't require or imply a love interest, though; anymore than Thrall and Jaina's former close friendship required one (though it was often imputed onto them from outside).

As for Flynn, well, as of Shadows Rising his heart seems to have moved on from Taelia if he ever had an interest in her.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

If you think Sylvanas is going to be defeated this expansion the salt will run down your face lmao. My guess is we will defeat the Jailor and as her punishment she will be forced to replace him. There must always be a Jailor of the Damned as we know.
    Bolvar will be Jailer of the damned. Go back to his saying "I will forever be the Jailer of the Damned"

I was joking my man

I'm well aware of Blizzards (in)competence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If something dies in the shadowlands it is gone.
    Are you positive? I thought you would just become incorporeal and have to coalesces again with a new form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Insatiable View Post
    Bolvar will be Jailer of the damned. Go back to his saying "I will forever be the Jailer of the Damned"
    It is possible for sure, I don't think he would have to be chained there though, I feel like he would accept the duty and have no need for restraint. though we do not know why the jailor was restrained in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    I was joking my man

I'm well aware of Blizzards (in)competence.
    just checking.... sarcasm doesn't translate well in print, sometimes.

just checking.... sarcasm doesn't translate well in print, sometimes.
    Nay I say!!!

Grand design I say
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Why not Tess?
    It could see Gilneas becoming relevant again, and maybe even getting rebuilt!

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Why not Tess?
    It could see Gilneas becoming relevant again, and maybe even getting rebuilt!
    Gilneas dont need Anduin and Tess marriage to rebuild.
    But Taelia is no use already. She done with Kul-Tiras and if devs wonna continue her story - its must to be Anduin relationship (not exactly marriage or feeling, they can just understand that its cant be done and go away) or deals with Bolvar.

- - - Updated - - -

See what I mean. Blizzard Dev Team. They fuck up a lot. Anduin needed written by someone a little more competent. He can't stay a boy forever.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You're not wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, that would suck....

Maybe it will be R rated then.... who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

None, and yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, her father IS a pivotal character in SL. Not that she's aware of that yet. And what do you think she's going to do when someone drops that bomb on her, because I know what I would do...
    I would try to make contact with him, after he's done saving the afterlife from literally Satan. Especially when I'm just an average guard.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post

Varia Wrynn - great grandmother
    Taria Wrynn - grandmother
    Tiffin Wrynn - mother
    Taelia Wrynn - wife
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Varia_Wrynn
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Are you positive? I thought you would just become incorporeal and have to coalesces again with a new form.
    There are quite a few instances of you interacting with memorials in the shadowlands, would be kinda pointless if theses guys wouldn't be gone and blizz mentioned it in some interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    There are quite a few instances of you interacting with memorials in the shadowlands, would be kinda pointless if theses guys wouldn't be gone and blizz mentioned it in some interview.
    So basically similar rules to the twisting nether?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    So basically similar rules to the twisting nether?
    Essentially. The mortals who find themselves in the Shadowlands are still bound to the physical universe, the same way demons are bound to the Nether. On dying in the Shadowlands, mortal souls basically are suspended by their anchor to the physical universe as opposed to dispersing into undifferentiated anima - it holds our form together and lets us reincorporate providing we can get back to our corpse (or get knit back together with the help of a Spirit Healer).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I would not be surprised if they pursue the Taelia x Anduin relationship, but change it up from the usual and have her be the warrior that goes in to save him. Though there is very little to build this up and might just be what triggers them from being cordial to potentially more than that.

But her not being in launch makes sense as she would have nothing to do but sit in Oribos.

In typical Blizzard fashion she probably will come back at some point for a few moments just to be killed in a hamfisted attempt to stir up emotions and further the story.

Taelia was created solely as a potential future love interest to Anduin. To think otherwise is naive. Why else give Bolvar a daughter out of nowhere when his connection to the world of the living, self-admittedly, is hanging by a thread? Not to mention Taelia's first notable interaction was indeed with Anduin. It may not happen in Shadowlands, but her character was conceived to be a love interest regardless of how long and subtle they want the courtship to be.

Well, when your writing staff consists of an old woman and a handful of blue-haired 20-somethings, you can't really expect them to remember.