Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Yea I'm not buying that sob story anymore, it's not an excuse to raise you kids badly.

In this day and age with easy as fuck access to contraception 90% of the time it's there own poor choice in partner that's to blame.

If you arn't 100000% sure you want a kid with some one, wear a fucking condom, take birth control w/e. Yea it ain't 100% guarentee but by fucking god 40% of kids only having one parent it's a fucking social bomb just waiting to corrode the bottom out of society.
    That's nice and all, but the US is a country where a large percentage thinks that abortion is murder, contraceptives are of the devil, and we should be teaching abstinence instead. Conveniently enough, these are a lot of the same people who pretend to care about the woes of single parents and building stable families.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I see you've never heard of police, prosecutorial or judicial discretion.
    So are you implying that they should receive no punishment outside of talks with parents? Or what, exactly?
    This went above and beyond of the usual teenager bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So are you implying that they should receive no punishment outside of talks with parents? Or what, exactly?
    This went above and beyond of the usual teenager bullshit.
    I was making a comment about the largely discretionary nature of the common law criminal justice system.

Beyond that, I blanketly reject the need for any (legal) punishment for first time non-violent offences with respect to minors (remembering of course that property damage is not in of itself violence). Specifically in this case before rendering any judgment I'd like to know more about the situation beyond a Murdoch rag quoting a Murdoch rag, quoting a facebook post.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    they're children, what's wrong with you?
    There it is.

Sounds lika a bunch of idiots.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I was making a comment about the largely discretionary nature of the common law criminal justice system.

Beyond that, I blanketly reject the need for any (legal) punishment for first time non-violent offences with respect to minors (remembering of course that property damage is not in of itself violence). Specifically in this case before rendering any judgment I'd like to know more about the situation beyond a Murdoch rag quoting a Murdoch rag, quoting a facebook post.
    There is one problem here. They went beyond property damage. Flinging those things towards employees can really easily raise the bar from simple property damage and fine to attempt of bodily harm, where it might not end with their parents paying...

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    That's nice and all, but the US is a country where a large percentage thinks that abortion is murder, contraceptives are of the devil, and we should be teaching abstinence instead. Conveniently enough, these are a lot of the same people who pretend to care about the woes of single parents and building stable families.
    Totally agree. But I still have no sympathy for mistakes made from ignorance and bad choices, no matter how common that ignorance is in society.

Parents are responsible for there kids and also what there kids become. No matter how shitty that makes that parents life.

When you have kids that's it, your life is over, it's now about setting them up to be better than you and not make the same stupid mistakes, if you can't except that your not ready to have kids, if you have them befor your ready, man the fuck up and do your job as parent, you fucked, but you can Atleast make sure your kid isn't as stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    There is one problem here. They went beyond property damage. Flinging those things towards employees can really easily raise the bar from simple property damage and fine to attempt of bodily harm, where it might not end with their parents paying...
    Absolutely, hurling things at people is not on. That's why I said I'd like to know more about the facts and circumstances beyond what Murdoch's willing to bring up.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF?

I want my 1 min back.
    And the person who wrote this article should be ashamed of themselves. I don't know if I want to get into that...yet.

One girl is tearing stuff up. One. Uno. Trash reporting from a trash website trying to drum up views and take advantage of trash narratives. Trash thread.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-07-28 at 06:46 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

As far as I can tell, they all got angry because the machines were eating their money and not getting it given back. Anger is understandable in that case since its not easy for a teen to get money, and then to have it eaten by a machine and refused to be given back is just wrong. However, they took it way too far and should be held accountable for the destruction.

I do find it funny that they blame the parents. Like dude, an arcade usually caters to teens. Its not exactly unreasonable or unexpected to think for an instant that you would have teenagers there without parents. Especially since its not required that parents watch their teenagers at all times like with a younger child.

The whole thing is just weird. Next time though, just give them their money back if your machines eat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    WTF?

I want my 1 min back.
    And the person who wrote this article should be ashamed of themselves. I don't know if I want to get into that...yet.

One girl is tearing stuff up. One. Uno. Trash reporting from a trash website trying to drum up views and take advantage of trash narratives. Trash thread.
    300-400 feral teenagers on my putput course.

Business takes money, fails to provide paid for service, fails to issue refunds to paying customers, business has their stuff broken by said customers?

Yeah I don't have a problem with this. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Edit: That isn't to say the teens in question shouldn't have to reimburse the business for the cost of the broken stuff. Just that the business is really, really stupid to think this isn't how it was going to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    I'm sure this was just a peaceful protest with some bad eggs! Isn't that the favored "get out of responsibility free" excuse these days?
    Nah they should arrest and blame all 40,000 kids in that city for the actions of a few hundred.

That is the mantra the republican and fox news parrots love to make.

- - - Updated - - -

Too many kids today are not getting responsible upbringing. In the 1960's out of wed lock births, was in the single digits percentage of all birth's in the US. The percentage now is close to 40% overall. The largest portion of the prison population, are comprised of inmates who where raised in single parent homes. Use to be marriage was considered to be a sacred institution. Now it is looked at with no more value than a signed contract with a company.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/s.../unmarried.htm
    Man i really can't wait for ^^^ generation to just disappear already.

"kids today" bullshit. Kids did stupid shit like this in the 60s, 70s, 80s ++++. Try being in NYC and surrounding area's during the 70-90s. Shit like this happened and worse. You had wilding attacks. You had straight up roving gangs every night. etc etc.

Its your generations fault for making it so BOTH parents had to go to work, for the all mighty corporate profit.

Its your generations fault for the gigantic growth in prison population for petty minor bullshit which created a vicious cycle of incarceration's

Use to be marriage was considered to be a sacred institution. Now it is looked at with no more value than a signed contract with a company.
    FUCKING BULLSHIT ON TOP OF BULLSHIT.

Marriage used to be a thing that Women were forced to remain in because they had no financial options to get out of a shitty marriage.
    Women were taught where their "place" was and were told that abuse was just part of the SACRED INSTITUTION of marriage!!!
    Cheating was just men needing to blow off steam for the stress of supporting the family, it was to be ignored because the SACRED INSTITUTION needed to be maintained!
    etc etc etc

i love old people and their rose colored glasses of the past.... it happens with ever generation though baby boomers are the worse blight on this world it has ever seen since the crusades.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    WTF?

I want my 1 min back.

Yeah, in the video it was just the one girl hulk-smashing a bit, maybe 1-2 more threw some trash from off-screen and then the one guy that wanted to fight until another person grabbed him and pulled him out.

Obviously there might be more that isn't shown, so who knows, but not the end of the world.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Peaceful protesting right?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Yea I'm not buying that sob story anymore, it's not an excuse to raise you kids badly.

In this day and age with easy as fuck access to contraception 90% of the time it's there own poor choice in partner that's to blame.

If you arn't 100000% sure you want a kid with some one, wear a fucking condom, take birth control w/e. Yea it ain't 100% guarentee but by fucking god 40% of kids only having one parent it's a fucking social bomb just waiting to corrode the bottom out of society.
    I agree to the point it shouldn't be a excuse, but it is still the truth. And all kids need role models to follow as they are maturing. A TV or music star is not going to cut it. As Denzil Washington so wisely put it when asked about the high crime rate in cities, " Don't blame the system. It begins at home. If a child does not have a good role model at home, the gang/drug leader/dealer will become their daddy. "
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    The little cunt that made the post to congregate there should be held fully accountable.
    Thats a future politician you're talking about there, have some respect!
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Yeah, in the video it was just the one girl hulk-smashing a bit, maybe 1-2 more threw some trash from off-screen and then the one guy that wanted to fight until another person grabbed him and pulled him out.

Obviously there might be more that isn't shown, so who knows, but not the end of the world.
    So basically the title of this thread is a complete lie?

Watched the video. Didn't see anywhere near 50 people, let alone 300-400. Saw only a small handful of kids doing anything aggressive, and only one doing what the article alleged hundreds doing.

Not being reported by any major news outlet, only alt-right/conspiracy sites.

NYPost owned by Murdoch, known for crazy alt-right/conspiracy/sensationalist news. Rated the worst paper in NY by media bias.

Checks pretty much all the boxes for nonsense drummed up against young people/protestors/human rights activists/etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    So basically the title of this thread is a complete lie?
    Yup. If we're being generous, incredibly sensationalized and misleading to serve an agenda.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

I agree to the point it shouldn't be a excuse, but it is still the truth. And all kids need role models to follow as they are maturing. A TV or music star is not going to cut it. As Denzil Washington so wisely put it when asked about the high crime rate in cities, " Don't blame the system. It begins at home. If a child does not have a good role model at home, the gang/drug leader/dealer will become their daddy. "
    i agree, but i dont think coddling these single parents, making them belive there feelings are some how important in comparison to the childs wealfair and upbringing does anything to help, in fact i think it has caused it to become increasingly normalised and accepted. was it good that un happy couples stuck together for the kids because society shamed them into it? no... but it was better than what we have now.

my next door nabours have just finished raising a bunch of well rounded kids that all have graduated university, the last this year, there marrage has been loveless for over a decade, i know as i go to the pub with the husband, they hate each other and now the last kid has flown the nest and is set up there getting a divorce. but for over 10 years of there life they have put up with pretending for the kids even though they cant stand eachother anymore. thats what it is to be a parent, sacrifice.