Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good grief! Piss poor management if a gun company cannot stay in business during the state of the firearm market presently. This is the second time they have declared bankruptcy in the last 2 years..........https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...ing-gun-demand

Firearms maker Remington Arms Co. filed for bankruptcy protection for the second time since 2018, weighed down by more debt than it can repay even as fearful Americans buy more guns than ever.

Remington, which supplies weapons for hunting, shooting sports, law enforcement and the military, sought chapter 11 protection and will try to sell its business at a time when civil unrest and worries about personal safety have driven firearm sales to record highs.

The chapter 11 petition in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Decatur, Ala., marks Remington's second restructuring since 2018, when it filed for chapter 11 and transferred ownership to investors including Franklin Resources Inc. and JPMorgan Chase & Co.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Who would've guessed when it came to intruders a Frenchman's instinct is to waive a white flag and hope for the best?

I wonder how many actually collaborate with the burglar?

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Who would've guessed when it came to intruders a Frenchman's instinct is to waive a white flag and hope for the best?

I wonder how many actually collaborate with the burglar?
    You mean like we helped the USA wins his independance war ?
    Btw, how did the Vietnam go ?

And I do not even know from where this "joke" comes from ? If anyone can enlighten me ?
    Last edited by Specialka; 2020-07-28 at 02:48 PM.

The White Flag was not used during that war. And there was a direct order to not use it during the battle of Dien Bien Phu.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The point is France got kicked out of Vietnam is how it went.
    Still not see the relation with the white flag in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Still not see the relation with the white flag in fact.
    Might be more related to how fast in 1940 France crumbled and asked for an Armistice, while the Brits continued fighting, with the Americans later saving them.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Good grief! Piss poor management if a gun company cannot stay in business during the state of the firearm market presently. This is the second time they have declared bankruptcy in the last 2 years..........https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...ing-gun-demand
    Remington's an odd case. Cereberus/Freedom Group was an investment group that bought Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster, DPMS, Advanced Armament Corp, Para Ordnance and a couple others. They then moved production to a couple facilities from each having it's own, cut costs (and quality), and took as much equity out of the combined company as possible. They highlight the Sandyhook lawsuit (vs Bushmaster), but gloss over the class action suit about a safety issue and some trigger issue or whatever. Their R51 also sucked.

Basically the company was mismanaged since the buyout, and makes next to nothing that is popular right now. They shed Bushmaster/DPMS last year in order to trim down for a possible sale to the Navajo, which I guess fell through.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Remington's an odd case. Cereberus/Freedom Group was an investment group that bought Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster, DPMS, Advanced Armament Corp, Para Ordnance and a couple others. They then moved production to a couple facilities from each having it's own, cut costs (and quality), and took as much equity out of the combined company as possible. They highlight the Sandyhook lawsuit (vs Bushmaster), but gloss over the class action suit about a safety issue and some trigger issue or whatever. Their R51 also sucked.

Basically the company was mismanaged since the buyout, and makes next to nothing that is popular right now. They shed Bushmaster/DPMS last year in order to trim down for a possible sale to the Navajo, which I guess fell through.
    It's a shame, that such a old gun company, which made some good products at one time, would be so mismanaged. But it happens to other non gun related companies also.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

It's a shame, that such a old gun company, which made some good products at one time, would be so mismanaged. But it happens to other non gun related companies also.
    the 870 express was a great shotgun.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I wonder why a company like Ruger wouldn’t buy up Remington. Extends their brand into shotguns while diversifying their rifle/pistol offerings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I wonder why a company like Ruger wouldn’t buy up Remington. Extends their brand into shotguns while diversifying their rifle/pistol offerings.
    Good question. It would also add some quality to the brand and would help bring back Remington's reputation. They could also as you say, just focus on shotguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Ruger could crank out their own pump shotguns pretty easily if they wanted, and probably for much less investment than the debt & lawsuit ridden husk of Remington. It'd be nice if they bought off AAC from the pack, but the talent in AAC has already left.

Remingtons main guns were the 870 shotgun (and somewhat the 11-87) and the 700 bolt action, and Ruger already makes excellent bolt actions.

As an example, Remington bought out Bushmaster and bought their factory and machinery in Windham, Maine. After a bit, they fired everyone, ditched the property and moved some of the machinery to one of their Remington factories. The guy that had sold Bushmaster felt bad about everyone losing their jobs and stuff, so he opened up the factory (I think he had retained ownership of the land and Remington leased it), got new machinery and hired a bunch of people back and opened Windham Weaponry.
    Remington continued to make Bushmaster rifles for a while (and had bought DPMS also), but the quality was not as good as the other guns and they were little more than the Bushmaster name stamped on outsourced parts. Now they've even killed the name off.

Marlin also got moved and quality plummeted, but at least they'd been recovering somewhat as a brand.

I think Marlin and AAC are the actual value brands left, and I doubt anyone is shopping for them. (And AAC had a similar "buy out for too much money, move the business, watch the original guy open a new business and wonder why you're not competing.)
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously, but with such laws, no wonder most ppl (defender or intruder) shoots first and asks questions later.
    maybe they shouldn't be doing illegal activities then.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    maybe they shouldn't be doing illegal activities then.
    Is that the best argument you can provide ? If so, refrain yourself from participating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that the best argument you can provide ? If so, refrain yourself from participating.
    He made a very good point. Do not want to get shot? Then avoid doing shit which might end up with that happening, such as breaking into a home or attacking a peaceful citizen.

He made a very good point. Do not want to get shot? Then avoid doing shit which might end up with that happening, such as breaking into a home or attacking a peaceful citizen.
    Or being identity checked while you are in your car by a police officer and shot 20 times, you mean ? Because since most ppl can be armed, police officers have a tendency to be trigger happy just in case of, you mean ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Or being identity checked while you are in your car by a police officer and shot 20 times, you mean ? Because since most ppl can be armed, police officers have a tendency to be trigger happy just in case of, you mean ?
    The great majority of cases where this has happened, the one who got killed, should not have had a firearm anyway or they used it aggressively toward the officers. In other words, they where criminals and the police had good reasons to stop them. So the point remains, do not want to get shot? Do not do stupid or illegal things.

Personally, I think the law in every state, should require the gun owner to inform the police officer if they stopped by them, they are armed and they want the officer to secure their weapon before they do anything. That is what I will do if I am stopped.

The great majority of cases where this has happened, the one who got killed, should not have had a firearm anyway or they used it aggressively toward the officers. In other words, they where criminals and the police had good reasons to stop them. So the point remains, do not want to get shot? Do not do stupid or illegal things.

Personally, I think the law in every state, should require the gun owner to inform the police officer if they stopped by them, they are armed and they want the officer to secure their weapon before they do anything. That is what I will do if I am stopped.
    Do you have any source for that "great majority" or is it again some Fox News stats ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have any source for that "great majority" or is it again some Fox News stats ?
    Common sense when you look at the number of police there are in the US and the number of interactions they have with the public. Do not get too influenced by the media. Which loves to hype up any dramatic situation in order to get more views.

Plus there are several cases and videos released of officers having to deal with aggressive criminals. It helps to not just look at the small number of cases of police misconduct. They do happen of course and they need to be fired or in some cases, prosecuted and better training would certainly be good.

Here is a very recent case....https://www.foxnews.com/us/detroit-o...ing-man-dagger

A Detroit man was shot to death Thursday, after wielding a sword in the middle of the street and then throwing a dagger at a police officer.

Detroit Police Chief James Craig said the incident happened around 7:15 p.m. Thursday on Grand River and Meyers Rd in north west Detroit.

"The suspect was standing in the middle of the street armed with a sword," Craig said Thursday night, The Detroit News reported. "When officers got there, they told him to drop it. At some point, the suspect takes out a second sword; I think he had three, plus a dagger.

"He throws the dagger, and strikes an officer under his eye," Craig reportedly said. "The officer deploys his Taser, but the suspect appears to be wearing tactical gear, and the Taser doesn't take effect.

"The officer's partner then fired a round, striking the suspect," Craig added.

The suspect continued to chase the officers and jumped into the driver side of one of the patrol cars.

“A good Samaritan seeing what was going on…took his personal vehicle and he used it to block the suspect in,” Craig told reporters.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-07-31 at 12:54 PM.

Common sense when you look at the number of police there are in the US and the number of interactions they have with the public. Do not get too influenced by the media. Which loves to hype up any dramatic situation in order to get more views.

Plus there are several cases and videos released of officers having to deal with aggressive criminals. It helps to not just look at the small number of cases of police misconduct. They do happen of course and they need to be fired or in some cases, prosecuted and better training would certainly be good.
    Thx Captain Obvious, but I was asking for "sources". And I do agree that misconducts should be prosecuted (and unfortunately, it is not done enough in most countries).