Thread: night elf armor

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb night elf armor

then...will they give us the warden armor like heritage armor for night elfs,or what?

it match good with all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    then...will they give us the warden armor like heritage armor for night elfs,or what?

it match good with all classes.
    I doubt it will be the Warden Armor. Personally I think it will be some variation of the big night elf statur. They already made a very basic version of it for the night elf archer.
    It fits, Priests, Rogue, Warriors, Hunters and Druids. Since all of the worn it at some point.

It was even a book title and as you can see, some of the jewelery made it into the game as customization (and the new choker has the silver/brown coloration like the armor):

Last edited by Hellspawn; 2020-07-23 at 03:08 PM.

Yeah, it's probably an "upgrade" of that armor from the archers. They need to add the 3D ornaments to the legs and gloves, and turn the necklace into a 3D asset. No idea what they'll do for a helm though.

That armor is way more iconic than the Warden's one... IMO the perfect opportunity to introduce the Warden's armor was it being the Darkshore Warfront plate set. Alas, we got what we got. :/

Nah it'll probably be some underwhelming slightly uprezzed version of the Classic cinematic set that they added in BfA for NPCs.

They'll probably put a burqa on the female nightelf so you male gazers don't objectify them, because California HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Nah it'll probably be some underwhelming slightly uprezzed version of the Classic cinematic set that they added in BfA for NPCs.
    It is fitting tho for the Night Elf race.

If they make some parts of it 3D, maybe change the shoulder pads a little bit I don't think it is underwhelming at all. For my hunter I already got a night elf armor set thats covers the entire body from the Darkshore Warfront.

Also you would have a set where you can see the new tattoos for males properly. (Hopefully females also get some Tattoos that covers more then just the face)
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2020-07-24 at 12:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They no longer have the balls to add something like that.

I am almost shocked they even had the gall to make something like what Void Elves have.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I doubt it will be the Warden Armor. Personally I think it will be some variation of the big night elf statur. They already made a very basic version of it for the night elf archer.
    It fits, Priests, Rogue, Warriors, Hunters and Druids. Since all of the worn it at some point.

It was even a book title and as you can see, some of the jewelery made it into the game as customization (and the new choker has the silver/brown coloration like the armor):

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/pJuXGBg.jpg[IMG]
    I would be absolutely on board with literally this. Malfurion's stylings for the males, the female design for the females.

OVER THE SHOULDER CAPE.
    IT'S TIME, BLIZZARD.
    YOU'D ONLY HAVE TO RIG IT FOR ONE SEX OF ONE RACE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I'm still annoyed they added the cinemetic Night Elve armour to the game and STILL haven't made it available to players.

WTH Blizz??? It's in the game files, just give it to us!! Why keep it from us??

BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I'm still annoyed they added the cinemetic Night Elve armour to the game and STILL haven't made it available to players.

WTH Blizz??? It's in the game files, just give it to us!! Why keep it from us??

I think this is not good enough as a heritage armor, needs more work (more 3D Armor parts, shoulders are kind of meeh, no helm). Just as random armor I would take it.

I think this is not good enough as a heritage armor, needs more work (more 3D Armor parts, shoulders are kind of meeh, no helm). Just as random armor I would take it.
    I think this makes good start for kaldorei heritage set. As you said, it definitely needs more work, especialy shoulders, and the whole set could be way more detailed. I'm actually pretty disapointed we didn't get this one as leather version of Darkshore Warfront, but on the other hand, I would not like to see Kul Tiran or Dwarf rogues running around Boralus wearing this set.

I can also imagine something similar to Tyrande's new armor - silver and white armor complemented with mooncloth parts, but I have no idea how it would look on males. Another fitting concept would be armor similar to what Huntress Kasparian wear in Tomb of Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I can also imagine something similar to Tyrande's new armor - silver and white armor complemented with mooncloth parts, but I have no idea how it would look on males. Another fitting concept would be armor similar to what Huntress Kasparian wear in Tomb of Sargeras.
    Huntress Kasparian looks way less unique, since that looks quite close to the warfront set and it would be nice to have something that is silver instead.

Tyrandes armor in some form I could imagine but I think its appeal is way less universal (cross class) then the Archer NPC armor.

Personally I just hope the Devs heard the call that a lot of Night Elf players like the Archer NPC armor alot.

It needs more of everything. Even if you made a few things 3D, that'd be way underwhelming. I mean "Yay, I can be the NE equivalent of a Footman."

Surely doesn't conceptually stand up to something like Mountain King armor or Spellbreaker armor.

I think it should be used as a base at least. It's a good looking set, if simple.

Just don't go as crazy with the feathers as the tauren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

We're talking about Night Elves here, Blizz will give them 2 pieces of cloth with some leaves on it. They hate Night Elves
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    We're talking about Night Elves here, Blizz will give them 2 pieces of cloth with some leaves on it. They hate Night Elves
    As a Nightborne & Blood Elf player, I'd kill for an armor that was was just two handkerchiefs and a loincloth tbh.

I guess it's cool if it's Night Elves because it's "natural", but as soon as it's on city elves it suddenly becomes "inappropriate" and "lewd". Pff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    They no longer have the balls to add something like that.

I am almost shocked they even had the gall to make something like what Void Elves have.
    Dunno why people say that TBH. Legion had a good amount of skimpy armors, especially for Demon Hunters, and some BFA armors also show skin like the Mag'har Heritage and some of the Zandalari stuff. It's still a helluva lot more than in, say, Wrath or Cata.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I don't know. They tried making the worgen heritage armour flashier than it needed to be and it looks awful for it.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I don't know. They tried making the worgen heritage armour flashier than it needed to be and it looks awful for it.
    You would just make the plates on the arms and legs 3D, maybe also the jewelery aswell. Also the shoulders should look a bit more epic. Maybe let them wear a Moonglaive as cloak and add a proper helm. The chest piece should be 3D too but with how they are currently doing these, the npc archer design would not work for that.

It needs more of everything. Even if you made a few things 3D, that'd be way underwhelming. I mean "Yay, I can be the NE equivalent of a Footman."

Surely doesn't conceptually stand up to something like Mountain King armor or Spellbreaker armor.
    I think adding too much layers of fancy armor like the ones you mentioned would miss the mark. It would just fit for Wardens and maybe priestess of Elune. I agree that it should be maybe a bit more fancy, but if they make the few 3D parts really detailed, it could look pretty good.
    If they make all the suggested parts 3D expect the chest it would be on par with other heritage sets.

Just have a look at the original concept art

Last edited by Hellspawn; 2020-07-29 at 08:55 AM.